PDA

View Full Version : What quad to get for my son now

lisnup65
06-09-2003, 09:25 AM
I currently have a Polaris Scrambler 90 and a Yamaha Blaster that my son rides. I am looking to get rid of the Polaris as its a world class POS. I need to get another small quad regardless for the fact that my son is only 12 and for him to ride state trails it is mandated.

What quads should I look into now? Give a little reasoning besides, "will I like it"!

I am looking at any and all 90cc quads regardless of 2 or 4 stroke.

TimSr
06-09-2003, 11:28 AM
If youre not happy with the Polaris, youre not going to like nearly of the off brand 2 stroke 90's which are the exact same thing with different plastic. The LT80 Suzuki uses a similar engine type design (variable v-belt) but has a worse front end design. Personally Im very happy with the Taiwan mades, but the models with real gearboxes are much better trail raides. That pretty much leaves the Raptor 80, and the TRX90. Both are super quality machines, both have real manual gearboxes with auto clutch, the Raptor a 3 speed, TRX 4 speed. The Raptor is a badger with new platic. It Raptor has single I-Beam style front suspension, which I was really skeptical about, but actually seems to work quite well. Its a rougher ride than independant, but it doesnt tip as easy on off camber. The TRX has independant single A-arm suspension. There are far more aftermarket modifications for the TRX. The TRX also has a much heftier price tag. Both are fine machines, but the TRX is better if you can afford it.

ATC crazy
06-09-2003, 03:28 PM
My cousin just got a TRX90 for christmas...That thing is pretty cool. It is definately the route to go...tons of aftermarket companies too.