PDA

View Full Version : Skidoo motor in trike

Custom200
04-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Last night i took the motor out of a trashed bravo and lodged it in place in my 200m roller..the motor fit good with lots of clearance for the motor and carb.. i was wondering about the clutch and saw a centrifugal clutch at a industrial parts stor. They have the correct size for the shaft off the motor and everything else I would need . It would slide on in place of the primary clutch on the motor. The clutch is used oftenon a go kart or a simmalar thing . When it engages it engauges on a 12 tooth sprocket that is the same the front sprocket on a trike. and with the right motor mount the chain will allign with the rear sprocket. This would be a project for the fun of it. Anyone wanna add to this or make any suggestions would be great.

lndy650
04-23-2008, 10:41 PM
my brother built a 200x with a 340 liquid rotax engine and i put a 500 twin on a blaster but both had primary and secondary clutches with a jackshaft and a sprocket on the jackshaft going to the rear sprocket.... im intrested about a centrifugal clutch that fits a snowmobile engine! that makes it much simpler

hondahaulic
04-24-2008, 12:12 AM
The centrifugal clutch will definately make it a much simpler setup. I put a john deer 340 in a 225dx and the clutches and jackshaft setup was probably the hardest part. The only thing i would be woried about is not having any kind of variable speed, your clutch will either be engaged or not engaged (or slipping and burning up). As long as the sled motor has a wide rpm range it should still work.

Custom200
04-24-2008, 11:25 AM
It should be simpler but im not totally sure if it will work but its worth a try. If it does it should be a whole lot eaiser to use sled motors in trike. If it dont work im still gonna try to put the secondary clutch in there but i hope the centrifugal clutch will work. Its gonna be a couple of weeks till i get the clutch and any amount of progress besides motor mounts but i'll get pics then.

Custom200
04-24-2008, 11:27 AM
hondaholic. I was wonder if you could post a few pics of your 340dx. in case of the centrifugal clutch not working i want to use a secondary clutch and when i go to your thread of the 340 the pics dont work. Theyd help alot. thanks