PDA

View Full Version : New DragStrip....Trikes Welcome.

SpeedBump
04-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Hey all, my buddy built a new 300' dirtdrag strip last year, ran a few races and now is going to race a complete schedule this summer. Trikes are more than welcome (he has a built 200X that rips too). I doubt anyone will be able to make the first race as it is only a week off, but if you are interested, lemme know. I'll be attending and hopefully I'll have my T4 up and running. Got it about 90% complete and hoping to breakin the fresh engine this week. I'm gonna try to make it over to his track to do a little testing Wed and I'll get some pics up if I can. For those who have been out to my place in the past, this track is about 30 minutes from here. It is located just outside of Indiana, PA.

Here is a pic of the flyer. He has had a good turnout previously, and I expect it to get better the more it gets out. There is a group of us locals running, so bring it on. The only restrictions he has...no studs or picks. There should be a class for all types of machines to run, from Trail/Stock to Open/Anything goes. Any fuel is :welcome: http://www.helmanatvdrags.bravehost.com/ There are a couple pics there and some contact #s.

Later all.

Preddy05
05-05-2008, 09:48 AM
How did you do on the t4? last race i watched you run was against that 400ex bored and stroked to a 520 with the wheelie bar and you didn't do so good(you went all over the place!)... I'm going to try getting my R done not for the next one but the one after that...don't want my bike to stall at the line again!! :lol: (Polaris)

Any way first time i was there and was very organized i was surprised didn't take all day to run like over at tri county. Great turnout too. :w00t:

SpeedBump
05-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Well, my BIKE screams...I just suc! I know, I know...bash coming! To be 100% honest, I couldn't control my T4. The power now is soooo different from *Edited**Edited*. The last engine came on early and pulled smoothly...almost 4 stroke like. This new one...whole different animal. Power hits higher and when it does...BANG! Its all there, right now and just hits so much harder. I will need some time on this thing to get it all figured out. The passes you saw..well, those were the ONLY passes I EVER ran on this new engine. Didn't get it finished until 3:30am the night before the race and only had 20 minutes of break-in time on the side roads (RT 271 and RedMill RD) with no front brakes, no plastics and wet roads. Never got to hammer on it until the first pass down the strip. What a way to test and tune, eh? I didn't do well at all, which for me is dissapointing. Been OVER a year since I have been on this T4 and just gonna need some seat time I guess. As for the 400EX with the wheelie bar, that is Jason Harper and that bike RIPS! I think my bike is faster..No, I KNOW my bike is faster, but his is setup for drags..ONLY drags...and he has been running it since 2001. He has is dialed near perfect. If you can't get a great start....in the 300' strip....you can't catch him. Even the fastest bikes there couldn't. He only lost 2 passes all day. BOTH times...he got out of control off the line and had to back off and just gave up that run. I have raced him before at Tri-County, and over at the Grass drags, and the bike really isn't as fast as it looks. He just runs super consistant and is really hard to beat. I don't want this to sound like I am taking anything away from him....I'm not. His 400EX is the fastest bike in that class I have ever seen. It may not make the most power of that class, but with him on it and his set-up, there are not many that can beat him consistantly. He is really good. When you line up with him...you have to let EVERYTHING hang out to win because you KNOW he is gonna make a great pass 99% of the time. I knew it and went for it, but like I said...I suck! Keep watching, you'll see me in front of him soon enough. LOL. BTW, it is ONLY a 440! (437cc) BIG cams, Edelbrock carb, massive portwork with BIG valves and a clutch you need TWO hands to pull! His bike only weighs 360lbs with the bar.

Chad and his family did a really good job and I'll be back for sure. There were a couple goof-ups with some class placements....drag piped Shee in the stock class? Hmmm? LOL.. Modded Shee in the Blaster Class? Opps! They allowed that 700Raptor with the +4 swinger to run stock class (he beat em up real good) but he can't next race. Also, Don on his "stock" 88 TRX250R and that beater lookin LT250 in the tock class? Not gonna happen again either. Did you see Don pulling 4th gear wheelies at about 250' with no problems? That just isn't happening on a piped, unported 86 topend engine. (BTW, he had a reed spacer and Keihin 38/39 carb and the rules clearly state...carb with be stock BRAND and SIZE) He's out of the stock class. Only a$$holes run modded bikes in the stock class. Who thinks it is fun to whip up on a bunch of stockers with you cheater engine? Not me. It was nice to see the Cannondale beat him in the end. Serves him right...LOL.

Later.

350Xhilaration
05-07-2008, 11:19 AM
So, by their rules, would my piped banshee be in the stock class?

It oughtta be I'd think.

If they can run through everything faster than the grass drags, I may be interested in trying it out sometime for grins.

What about my 350X...what class would that be?

Preddy05
05-07-2008, 01:23 PM
So, by their rules, would my piped banshee be in the stock class?

It oughtta be I'd think.

If they can run through everything faster than the grass drags, I may be interested in trying it out sometime for grins.

What about my 350X...what class would that be?

Not sure on the 350x can't remember what cc's ran against what. but if i remember i thought i seen a 350 warrior/rapter run against blasters...

I don't think that Cannondale was stock.. i ran against him in the practice run and he pulled away from me like nothing..and he was in a class below me! haha guess serves me right running a Polaris!

just looked on their site and here is the cc's for the stock class and by the rules your banshee would be in the stock class..unless you have drag pipes on it(in or out frame)..
Class -04 0 - 240cc (2-stroke)
0 - 380cc (4-stroke)
Class -05 241-270cc (2-stroke)
381-440cc (4-stroke)
Class -06 271-open (2-stroke)
441-open (4-stroke)