PDA

View Full Version : So you don't want to wear a helmet????????

Howdy
04-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Breaking news here locally: http://www.dailystandard.com/

BREAKING NEWS10:15 PM, TodayATV fatality
The following press release was issued by Mercer County Sheriff Jeff Grey:
Celina, Ohio – Mercer County Sheriff Jeff Grey reports his office is investigating an accident involving an ATV fatality. The Sheriff's Dispatch Center received a call of an All Terrain Vehicle accident on St. Anthony Road, approximately ½ mile east of State Route 49, at 4:38 PM.
An ATV driven by Adam J. Fennig, age 18, of 2520 St. Anthony Rd., Celina and an ATV driven by Shane C. Walter, age 17, of 101 Celina, St., Celina were both eastbound on St. Anthony Road. Mr. Fennig struck the rear of Walter's ATV and lost control of his ATV and it rolled from the roadway. Both Mr. Fennig and a passenger on the ATV, Megan Ann Jeffries, age 17, of 9505 Celina-Mendon Rd., Celina were ejected from the ATV and transported to the Mercer Health Hospital, Coldwater by Coldwater Squad(s) #7 and #10. Ms. Jefferies was pronounced deceased at the hospital. Fennig and Jeffries were not wearing a helmet at the time.
The accident remains under investigation.

Another stupid stunt resulting in another life lost, and yet another Black eye for atving community as a whole. This is the 2nd or 3rd person to die needlessly in our county within a year.

Howdy

Twilight
04-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Having a helmet on made me lose my sight of color correctly, and also fractured my jaw.

Without a helmet I would have been fine. But regardless i still wear a helmet.

The Goat
04-28-2008, 12:18 AM
where's that picture of beating a dead horse.

i can only hope that if I do wreck without a helmet, that I at least die, so that some of you may use me as a statistic.

I don't ride anywhere but my own land, and I don't post any retarded videos of jumping or anything of the such. I don't jump.

SYKO
04-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Ive been made fun of in the past for wearing a helmet to even the slowest and smallest ride around, Yes sometimes I dotn wear a helmet but I controle my stupidity as well when I dont. Years ago I was involved in a street bike accident late at night far out in the country, if it wasnt for my helmet I would have been dead for sure, sometimes helmets can cause injuries, but I would rather be injured then dead any day. Im sure now the parents will sue all the atv manufactures and god himself becouse they were to stupid to make sure that there kids were wearing helmets.

Dirtcrasher
04-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Thats terrible, and she was the passenger.

If you don't want to wear a helmet for yourself, thats fine.

But think about the dozens of friends and family you will have affected forever...........

OldSchoolin86
04-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Having a helmet on made me lose my sight of color correctly, and also fractured my jaw.
I'm calling bullsh!it on this one all day long! ^^^

firehart
04-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Last week I saw a grown man and three kids riding around on a small ATV. Nobody had helmets and they were doing tight corners and going onto two wheels. Its one thing if you yourself don't have a helmet, its another if you have kids on with you and you're riding stupid.

edog
04-28-2008, 06:43 PM

i can only hope that if I do wreck without a helmet, that I at least die, so that some of you may use me as a statistic.

I don't ride anywhere but my own land, and I don't post any retarded videos of jumping or anything of the such. I don't jump.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/edog_02/47itwe0ds6.gif

The Goat
04-29-2008, 01:58 PM
I will say that if I were to ride a dirtbike or motorcycle, I wouldn't do so without a helmet.

Howdy
04-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Was told today that she hit her head on the road. They estimate the speed at 50mph at the crash. They say that a helmet would have made a difference, but she would have still been seriously injured. No matter what it's too late now.
More news: The driver could be charged with vehicular manslaughter and that carries a 8 year term in the Big house here in Ohio.
Howdy

3 weelin geezer
04-29-2008, 11:52 PM

Here you go....http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/3_weelin_geezer/smileys/Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif