PDA

View Full Version : "Clicks" & "Brown-Nosers"

bigreddaddy
04-30-2008, 11:09 AM
This is something that I've noticed on these forums for a while now that I feel needs to be addressed. I have noticed that there are some members here that seem to follow each other around the forums, seemingly only posting in threads to "support" or "backup" certain other members posts/opinions no matter how arrogant, rude or rediculous their posts may be. I'm not going to post names or go into specific threads or posts that I've noticed. I'm sure there are other members here that know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. These "clicks" will sometimes go after others who's posts contradict their opinion. Apparently some of these "ass kissers" a.k.a. "brown-nosers" seem to think that their opinion have more value over others with less time here. This is B.S. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to have that opinion. Just because someone has less time here doesn't necessarily mean that they have less experience with trikes. Man I CAN'T stand ass kissers! But what REALLY pisses me off is those who try and make others look "stupid". Especially when its a brand new member. WTF! Every member of these forums was once a "newbie". Just about EVERYONE who has found this site and became a member here is looking/needing HELP/ADVICE. There are some here who seem to post just to get their post count up. Man, I think some of these people need to step away from their computer and get some fresh air! I also notice some here who bring a lot of baggage to this site that has nothing to do with what these forums are for, and it really shows in their opinionated sometimes hostile posts. I also feel that some people here need to take a step back and remember why this site is here and to check their attitude.
This is my opinion. This is my rant.

chris200x
04-30-2008, 12:24 PM
did you ever stop and think that some of us are close freinds and that we bust each others chops? well, with the exception of edog. lol

In a way we are all a click so to speak.. we all have the same things in common. our love for 3wheelers. maybe I misunderstood your posts tho.

Ryan.
04-30-2008, 01:24 PM
to tell you the truth i havnt noticed any of this...

84honda200s
04-30-2008, 02:42 PM
of course some of these guys "fallow each other). some of these guys are from the very beginning of this site. they are pretty much a family. they are good guys too . they have helped me a few times with problems.

man its the internet chill out sit back relax. dont let some guys get to you like they are. as for people bumping their post count well yea i think i know who your talking about.

im not getting into it anymore than that.

Trikeaholic
04-30-2008, 06:40 PM
The correct spelling is C L I Q U E S

not c l i c k s

FYI

ATC-Eric
04-30-2008, 06:46 PM
I think you should list some names! :w00t:

SYKO
04-30-2008, 06:48 PM
The correct spelling is C L I Q U E S

not c l i c k s

FYI

OWNED....

well I guess that makes me a brown noser now huh?:w00t:

Dirtcrasher
04-30-2008, 06:50 PM
I think your looking too deep into it....

Yes, some of us post when we see our friends post up pics or advice but I for one have no problem telling them that any particular post may be either incorrect or if they are posting bad advice.

For me, these boards are to learn, grow and preserve these "DEATHTRAPS" as long as possible. I crash dirtbikes and don't like quads so ATC's are for me.

I enjoy helping people that want to do things right and get discouraged by people that refuse to buy a manual and ruin good parts.

'Then you have guys like EDOG that love pics and love to show pics and if that what makes him happy, then good for him. Were all here for different reasons but were all here to keep our wheelers looking and running good.

Many of us a good friends. I met 6 or so guys at a ride in NH and my first impressions were that I'd invite any of them to my house to spend the night and or ride together. There are allot of real good people here even though posts are sometimes perceived differently.

Not to mention that I am totally psyched to meet some of the guys I post with at Trikefest this year and then I can make fun of them too....

Oh yeah, stop using a hammer :lol:

Billy Golightly
04-30-2008, 06:58 PM
A lot of people here actually know each other, and are good friends regardless of 3WW...so thats probably what your picking up on.

scooterroo
04-30-2008, 07:31 PM
been here for going on three years now, have had nothing but goodthings come from this site. yeah some people might be post whores, and post some stupid stuff up now and again, just to get their post count up, but it doesnt make me mad. i could careless what my post count reads to the public. like i said i have been on these boards since like october of 05, i am on here basically everyday wether it to post up something of interest or i have a question, but alot of the time i spend reading up on others posts. i have met and made quite a few friends because of this site. and just because i am talking to certian people more then others, or replying to certian threads from members then others, doesnt mean i am in a "clique". me im not as experienced with some machines as i am with others, but if i do have some bit of info that might help someone out, i will certianly share it. and if someone else can help me out then great. as for the threads that bash newbies, for the most part everyone that i know of on here has always been more then welcoming to the newbies. you do get your exceptions, and im not going to name any names here cuz the people that have been here long enough know who the exceptions are. and they are few and far inbetween. sure you get arguements going on in some threads, but most of the trash talk and stuff is between friends, and no harm is ment by it. just my 2 cents.

ATC-Eric
04-30-2008, 08:43 PM
yeah some people might be post whores, and post some stupid stuff up now and again, just to get their post count up, but it doesnt make me mad. i could careless what my post count reads to the public. .

Exactly! Do you know how many posts I stop myself from making? Probably 2 a day. If I dont have anything to add, the majority of the time I just walk away. Unless its a thread like this, then its open season! :w00t:

Example:

Poster: asking about bearing problems.

Whore: I dont know anything whatsoever about your issue, but Im sure that SOMEONE will chime in eventually.

This scenario use to drive me nuts. I have gotten to the point where I dont care anymore, the whores do a good enough job of making themselves look like retards!

TwoHundredEx
04-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Exactly! Do you know how many posts I stop myself from making? Probably 2 a day. If I dont have anything to add, the majority of the time I just walk away. Unless its a thread like this, then its open season! :w00t:

Example:

Poster: asking about bearing problems.

Whore: I dont know anything whatsoever about your issue, but Im sure that SOMEONE will chime in eventually.

This scenario use to drive me nuts. I have gotten to the point where I dont care anymore, the whores do a good enough job of making themselves look like retards!

Exactly. I haven't noticed that kind of thing in a while but when I first joined I saw it quite a bit.
If I don't know about the subject, or have anything helpful to add, I don't post.

I've only been active on 2 forums for a while now. This one and a car audio forum and as as far as cliques go, this site has never really brought that idea towards me. It might be because I'm used to the other forum, but this site seems more open that any others that I've been on.

chris200x
05-01-2008, 01:04 AM
I must ask.. have you met up or rode with any board members yet? :wondering

I'm certain if and when you do.. you'll be making these same stupid posts as others have. I believe thats's what makes this site so much fun. :D

What may look like nonsense or a worthless post to some may infact be something hilarious to others. I know I've sat here reading some posts with my eyes watering from laughter sometimes. just roll with it! :beer