PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Warrior info

trimoto.125
05-01-2008, 08:29 PM
I have decided to sell a few of my sleds(5) to buy a yamaha warrior. I have not found one yet and I just wanted to know the pros and cons about this bike. What are the parts that go on them most often and what parts fit on the warriors from other bikes. Also which year is the best to get from 1995-198? I picked this range because I plan on finding an old one for roughly 1,000. Also are the parts interchangeable on all year warroirs?

VenomRS4
05-01-2008, 08:47 PM
I had a few of them. They are reliable and somewhat durable but are kinda slow. Also, keep the chain tight. They love to jump the sprocket and destroy the cases.

OldSchoolin86
05-02-2008, 07:56 AM
I've never heard about the chain issue but I too agree they are reliable. For the money though I'd get something a little nicer.

trimoto.125
05-02-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm only a yamaha guy when it comes to quads and with my 1000 budget lol I can only really choose from a blaster and a warrior.

RedRider_AK
05-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Get the Blaster!

OldSchoolin86
05-02-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm inclined to agree with RedRider_AK.

I like the warrior and it's a great beginner machine. I lined my buddy up with one a couple years ago and even though he has more powerful machines in the stable now, he still takes it out for a spin from time to time. He's actually going to run it in a hare scramble this weekend. To be honest though he's going to get clobbered when it comes to power. The blaster is a smaller framed machine but I have to admit that it does have a ton of potential.

If you're all Yamaha and your budget is $1000 then either machine will be fine. I highly suggest you test ride both and see what one fits you better. As far as parts go they both have a decade of interchangeability.

trimoto.125
05-02-2008, 05:32 PM
I also forgot to put in the first post that I was looking for a stock bike or something close to it. For the blaster to get it's potential it will need a fair amount of mods.When I get the bike i'm not gonna mod the bike at all. The blaster is also a 2stroke so it would have to get rebuilt more often. I am no 2 stroke hater. 85% of my stuff I have is 2 stroke.

OldSchoolin86
05-02-2008, 05:56 PM
I also forgot to put in the first post that I was looking for a stock bike or something close to it. For the blaster to get it's potential it will need a fair amount of mods.When I get the bike i'm not gonna mod the bike at all. The blaster is also a 2stroke so it would have to get rebuilt more often. I am no 2 stroke hater. 85% of my stuff I have is 2 stroke.The Warrior feels like an overweight dog in stock trim. What do you plan to do with it? It makes a nice trail machine but nothing competitive. I sure wouldn't get one for MX. What are you looking to do with it?

trimoto.125
05-02-2008, 06:08 PM
I ride in woods trails, small hill climbs and on dirtroads. Just average riding pretty much. The quad I have right now is a 1992 timberwolf 250 lol.

OldSchoolin86
05-02-2008, 06:27 PM
I ride in woods trails, small hill climbs and on dirtroads. Just average riding pretty much. The quad I have right now is a 1992 timberwolf 250 lol.
Sounds like you're on the right path then. Good luck in the search, let us know when you find one.

trimoto.125
05-02-2008, 06:36 PM
I will I will post pics when I find one.

ATC-Eric
05-02-2008, 07:14 PM
The Warriors are really reliable, but very heavy!

Great trail bikes. Getting one with a pull start option would be cool, it always made me nervous with only the electric to rely on.