PDA

View Full Version : Trx700xx?

Russell 350X
05-03-2008, 05:06 PM
I was down at the local Honda dealership today, and they had one. It felt pretty comfy. Has anyone here rode one yet, or have any opiniond on it? Thinking about getting one eventually.

dizasterzrfun69
05-03-2008, 05:13 PM
i think theyre ugly as hell and wont be a very good or reliable sport machine.

SCEADU
05-03-2008, 05:22 PM
The IRS won't be fun in my own oppinion but I think they look cool with some really neat new features.

Tri-ZNate
05-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Quad Magazine did a test on the 700xx. Said the raptor beat it in almost every catagory but the 700xx was a more rounded machine (didnt go from an insane powerplant to crappy suspension for example).

I think they are ugly, over engineered, and that only means more issues. And wait till you have to put new sprockets or and rear brake parts on. Everything is in the middle.

RedRider_AK
05-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I think they are ugly, over engineered, and that only means more issues. And wait till you have to put new sprockets or and rear brake parts on. Everything is in the middle.

Think about it this way, you'll have lots of chances to check your CV boots and brakes...

dizasterzrfun69
05-03-2008, 06:09 PM
I think they are ugly, over engineered, and that only means more issues. And wait till you have to put new sprockets or and rear brake parts on.

thats kinda what i ment to say :crazy:

Bryan Raffa
05-03-2008, 06:37 PM
http://trx700xx.net/

dizasterzrfun69
05-03-2008, 06:39 PM
dam that things ugly. i wonder HOW these atv companys do not realize that LOWER IS BETTER. :crazy:

3Razors
05-03-2008, 06:40 PM
I'll have to disagree on the reliability part. Honda always sets the benchmark in that department. If anything Honda is #1 priority is reliability.

And I also feel it will rule all machines in Baja desert races.

dizasterzrfun69
05-03-2008, 06:50 PM
honda is the most reliable atv if you ask me, thats why all but one of my machines are hondas, however i think this one, because of how it is put together, wont be that reliable.

Kilborg
05-30-2008, 03:57 PM
I think alot of people don't look at the 700xx properly. It was never intended as a raptor killer. In fact, the only machine that it really is similar to is the kfx 700, and even that is kinda a long shot comparo. In my limited experience with riding one, they are a nice machine. Nice strong motor with good gearing...very honda Xr-ish (it is based on the 650r topend afterall). The suspension is also quite good though i'd have to ride one some more to get a better idea. I think the closest thing i could say based on my limited experience, is that it very closely resembles my xr600r. Its tall, heavy, and fast. Its not a motocrosser, its more of a jack of all trades.. They suck up the trails, the irs WORKS, and the thing just goes. You arent gonna be on a level playing field with the 450's...its a machine all in its own. They will sell. I cant count how many guys i know that are getting a bit older that still love to go fast, but dont want to be getting beat up, and dont want to commit themselves to a utility machine.