PDA

View Full Version : *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*! I smashed my thumb!

chris200x
05-04-2008, 11:52 PM
...and it still *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* hurts! :cry:

Chopper_Kingpin
05-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Stick it in cider. Always works for me :)

200x Basket
05-05-2008, 12:11 AM
:eek: spray carb cleaner in your eyes!:eek: it won't fix your thumb but you'll forget about it!:w00t: :naughty:

LOL, that will work.

I was working on my dad's expoder cleaning the mass air sensor. I shot some chemtool at it and it splashed back in my eye. I turned to run the hose and i saw a bowl of water on the ground. I dropped and started splashing it into my face. my dad said, "son that is the dog bowl" and i replied "I dont care, it is water" :lol: :lol:

that crap BURNS

84honda200s
05-05-2008, 03:54 AM
man i hope your finger feels better. sucks when that crap happens.

i got a face full of carb cleaner before.....it burned like a sob !!! took me a good half hour to get it washed out and about 2 hours to see again. no i dip my carb in cleaner. no more cans for me.

Bryan Raffa
05-05-2008, 07:20 AM
I love carb cleaner in the eyes...its a rush!! like hitting a big A*% jump on a trike!:w00t:

probley didnt hurt that bad holding on to that cold beer last night!

I smash my thumb everyday! you sissy!:lol:

Dirtcrasher
05-05-2008, 09:41 AM
I recommend that if you have ANY cuts on your hands that you spray carb cleaner in them before you even pick up a wrench.

Better to get the pain over right off the bat :lol:

Tri-Z 250
05-05-2008, 09:49 AM
If it's throbbing to the point you feel it will explode. You may want to drill a hole in it. Listen this is worse case but will save your nail from falling off. Take the smallest drill bit you have (clean it!) work it by fingers to the point of going through the nail. Then take a hot poker - safty pin works (clean it!). I say hot poker because most of the time I'm no where near a frist aid kit and I use fire as the germ killer. INSERT needle....this is gonna hurt a bit but once you get it bleeding squeeze the pressure off the backside of the nail.

chris200x
05-05-2008, 10:18 AM
umm no thanks! I just seen a guy do that hot poker trick on deadliest catch last week..

Note to self: When removing old bearing races be sure to remove your thumb from top of punch before striking with 5lb hammer... :cry: I'll keep that carb cleaner trick in mind for next time! LMAO!!!

03 ORANGE SHEE
05-05-2008, 02:31 PM
umm no thanks! I just seen a guy do that hot poker trick on deadliest catch last week..

Note to self: When removing old bearing races be sure to remove your thumb from top of punch before striking with 5lb hammer... :cry: I'll keep that carb cleaner trick in mind for next time! LMAO!!!

i hope this isnt your hitch hiking thumb were talking about:lol:

RedRider_AK
05-05-2008, 02:46 PM
I recommend that if you have ANY cuts on your hands that you spray carb cleaner in them before you even pick up a wrench.

Better to get the pain over right off the bat :lol:

Oh that is so true. I always get cracked skin on my fingers and when I'm working with carb cleaner, it will burn all of a sudden. It's like a papercut, but approximately 400 times worse.

At least I'm building up my pain tolerance...

Tri-ZNate
05-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Wha Wha Wha, drink more :beer

edog
05-05-2008, 06:29 PM
You could smash all your fingers and you still would find a a way to:postwhore

ATC-Eric
05-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Carb cleaners nothin! Yall should try some Brake Kleen in the eyes! Now that freakin burns! :welcome:

Oh and sorry to hear about your booboo Chris.

hancadam
05-05-2008, 07:35 PM

Yeah that was ruff on the Deadliest Catch. Tons of fluid spewed out of it.

300rman
05-05-2008, 11:30 PM
well, i see you get the $5 fine for whining! lmao

Erics350x
05-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Try getting marine grease in your eye's, that stuff doesn't wash out.
I also got brake fluid in my eyes once and it made the white part of my eye blister. Man that sucked!

brapp
05-06-2008, 04:36 PM
hey chris i had to have checked out at the hospital once, i was drivign out bering races out of a 200x swingarm with an old socket and extenstion and had a buddy swinging the hammer once,

needless to say my nuts willnever be the same again cause a 8 lb sledge glancing off a makeshift berrign driver and catghing your nuts is a killer

chris200x
05-06-2008, 10:55 PM
I can believe that! I did this knocking out the old bearing races on this spare 350x frame.

I broke the frame when I tightened down the new swinger bolt. so I'm pretty much screwed till I swap out frames.

3 weelin geezer
05-07-2008, 10:07 AM
:eek: spray carb cleaner in your eyes!:eek: it won't fix your thumb but you'll forget about it!:w00t: :naughty:

I got an even better one: Take a mallet and tie a string to it like a tie. Measure it out so its about crotch level and tie the other end. Now, bring the mallet up to your eye level like you are about to dive into a pool and let the mallet go. You get the picture.