PDA

View Full Version : 350x cl nj

WLL
05-13-2008, 12:15 PM
sale-655142647@craigslist.org notice the stabilizer. do you think the price is ok? i guess i cant post up the page... damd that sucks

Erics350x
05-13-2008, 01:16 PM
you have to copy and paste from the address bar while looking at your add

WLL
05-13-2008, 01:22 PM
email this posting to a friend central NJ craigslist > motorcycles/scooters
please flag with care:

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
1986 Honda ATC 350X Unrestored Original - $3200 (Manville)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-655142647@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-04-24, 7:38PM EDT

Up for grabs is a 1986 Honda ATC 350x 3 wheeler.

I've owned this trike for over 10 years, and the last half of that it has been sitting in my garage under a sheet. It ran fine when put away.

It is in UNRESTORED (and doesn't need a restoration) condition. I'm not going to clean it with a toothbrush to make it look like something it isn't. A lot of the bolts / nuts still have the original yellow paint marks on them from the dealer.

The only aftermarket parts on it are the headlight guard, the white fork / caliper guard, the rear caliper guard, the grab bar, exhaust system (custom silencer with supertrapp discs), and K&N replacement filter (uses stock airbox). I have the original head pipe and silencer that will go with the bike. I do not have the original grab bar. The black side decals on the rear fender are reproductions. I personally don't like them, but removing them will be up to the new owner. The bike has ALL of the original plastics. I have new OEM "350x" rear fender stickers and a reproduction front fender sticker which will also be included. There are absolutely NO holes / tears in the seat. This bike was well taken care of.

The original owner put the steering dampener on it. When I asked why, he said "she used to get a little shakey up around 70". It has 14/37 sprockets on it, and has amazing top end, yet enough torque to pull any hill. It is also jetted to run 100 octane leaded AVGAS - and unless you want to spend a fortune on aviation fuel, you will need to re-jet it for your fuel type.

It currently has aftermarket wheels and new Holeshot XC tires, but I have the stock wheels, which will be included in the sale. Also included are brand new OEM fork boots if the new owner ever needs them (the ones on the bike are fine, just dirty.

NOW for the "bad news"... The tank has surface rust in it (NOT rotted through at all), and will need to be attended to. It is this reason I cannot run it. I couldn't find any type of rust remover that didn't involve hurting the paint, so I never had it done.

The tank has some scratches, but no dents. Included for the tank project is a brand new OEM petcock and OEM tank side stickers that I paid out the you know what for.

Keep in mind, this is a 22 year old machine, and it's not perfect. However, it's not some basketcase that was pieced together with Ebay parts.

Speaking of Ebay, you will NOT find these bikes in this condition unrestored too often. The last one (unrestored) I saw went for over $6000. Even restored ones are bringing in a pretty penny.

NO tire kickers, and NO dreamers, please.

ASKING $3200 or best offer.

Email me and you can come look at it anytime.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 655142647

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2008 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

Twilight
05-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Here's the link; http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/655142647.html

WLL
05-13-2008, 01:58 PM
well what ya think?

Twilight
05-13-2008, 02:13 PM
I paid that much for my Honda Pilot and 86 200x... not my cup of tea, lol

VenomRS4
05-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Well, its not all origional like he says. Each person is different, but I personally think he's asking a bit much.