PDA

View Full Version : Spray on Bedliner?

Stouttrout
06-11-2003, 01:47 AM
Has anyone ever used this thier racks and if so, did it work good? I thinking of using it but would like some input.

Thanks--

ATC crazy
06-11-2003, 02:48 PM
:idea: Hey...thats agreat idea. If you don't mind, I might steal it and get it done to my Foreman. It could use it...Good thinkin' ;)

SteveATC24
06-11-2003, 03:22 PM
I like it, i really believe in the rhino lining. I have used it on numerous items including the floor of a 1969 Bronco and for the fender flares on a jeep. I even seen this guy who had rhino lined the entire body of a 1992 4 runner, very trick and the bado and everthing will not rust after that, unless it rust from the bottom up. I would do it I think you will be pleased.

lisnup65
06-11-2003, 03:47 PM
I was thinking of doing my frame and swingarm with it.

cmracer15
06-11-2003, 11:37 PM
yes that'd be a great idea..i saw a blaster on ebay that had all the plastics rino lined. pretty cool..no more scratches ;) ...only thing it aint good for is in the bed of yur truck like it was designed..LOL. Stick with the drop ins....they advertide dudes throwin huge bricks,blocks.and huge chucks of steal..lemme see u throw soma dat in there and ill laugh when there is a huge ass dent in yur bed that is VERY noticiable. a drop in wont show...the dent is there but noone knows.

kimmer250r
06-12-2003, 01:00 PM
If you are looking for something to coat stuff with to stop rust and is durable, then check out por 15. Everything you could need, including some nice brushed aluminum exhaust paint.

ATC crazy
06-12-2003, 02:12 PM
yes that'd be a great idea..i saw a blaster on ebay that had all the plastics rino lined. pretty cool..no more scratches ;) ...only thing it aint good for is in the bed of yur truck like it was designed..LOL. Stick with the drop ins....they advertide dudes throwin huge bricks,blocks.and huge chucks of steal..lemme see u throw soma dat in there and ill laugh when there is a huge ass dent in yur bed that is VERY noticiable. a drop in wont show...the dent is there but noone knows.

The dent will not show with the Rhino Lining...
And why would you want the drop in lining...The bed will rust out, not to mention It would scratch away all the paint from the vibrations.

cmracer15
06-12-2003, 03:44 PM
A rino lining wont show dents??? where did you get that one???..you cant believe everything you see on tv. thats what drop in's were designed for is to covor up dents and protect your bed. think about it, the lining is Stuck to the bed,and you slam a big brick into the bed...It WILL dent the bed,and the rino lining will go down with the dent.It does not ass any more strength to the bed. Yes i think the rino lining stops most rust..from the top of the bed that is, but what happens when the bed rusts from underneath the lining???. That stuff is a beotch to get out. My dad owns a warehouse that carries nothin but aftermarket Acceries, and rino wanted him to carry their product to sale to retailers and he told them theres no way in hell...they WILL show dents, even if the bed has dents when you spray it down..guess wut..yur gona see dips when its done. So i guess if u gota brand new truck and hardly ever use the bed or carry light loads it would be alright, if for others its a waste of money

Stouttrout
06-12-2003, 04:26 PM
Anyone who really uses a truck as a utility vehicle is not going to care too much about dents IN THE BED. Maybe the "CURE ALL" is to Spray it and then put a throw in liner in it. I think that anyone who that concerned will get a trailer. :D Where I live the salt is a killer. The throw ins will rust out the bed. I dont mind dents but rust is another story all together.

ATC crazy
06-12-2003, 05:47 PM
A rino lining wont show dents??? where did you get that one???..you cant believe everything you see on tv. thats what drop in's were designed for is to covor up dents and protect your bed. think about it, the lining is Stuck to the bed,and you slam a big brick into the bed...It WILL dent the bed,and the rino lining will go down with the dent.It does not ass any more strength to the bed. Yes i think the rino lining stops most rust..from the top of the bed that is, but what happens when the bed rusts from underneath the lining???. That stuff is a beotch to get out. My dad owns a warehouse that carries nothin but aftermarket Acceries, and rino wanted him to carry their product to sale to retailers and he told them theres no way in hell...they WILL show dents, even if the bed has dents when you spray it down..guess wut..yur gona see dips when its done. So i guess if u gota brand new truck and hardly ever use the bed or carry light loads it would be alright, if for others its a waste of money

I was just going by what happened last summer. A friend of ours was showing us his truck which he just got Line-X put in the bed (same thing as Rhino Lining) He was hitting it with a pall-pin hammer to show us how tough it was (he was drunk that night too :Beerchug ) The next day he came over and told us to look underneath the bed...there was about 20 dents in the bottom, BUT you could not tell by looking in the bed. So I still stick to my story.

olderthandirt
06-12-2003, 06:08 PM
:!: first off, if you own a pickup,the bed takes most of the abuse.
the rhino liner is the way to stop any rust from the top,and any scratches or dents from causing the damage thats starts rust in the first place.
most people who use their trucks have the common sense not to throw huge rocks that would severely dent the truck anyway. truck beds are very well made with heavy guage steel in the first place,so any large dents would be from abuse.
the rhino liner does indeed stop most dents,and yes,any dents may show but thats just cosmetic. i'll take the spray in liner anyday,even with the chance of dents over the drop ins,because you will have a rust problem with them no matter what.
water lays under them and vibration rubs the paint away on the top of the bed rails and where any contact is made with the bed. also the drop ins are prone to be very slippery.
plus the drop ins offer no trade in value,but the spray in liner has always increased the value of my trucks. :-D