PDA

View Full Version : Funny business????

Buster Brown
05-18-2008, 02:39 AM
Has anyone else had any trouble with a certain seller from the Masontown, PA area or PA state???? He or she goes by the handle sport- _ _ _- Salvage or _ _ _- recyclers ??? I'm trying not to give it away, but you can most likely fill in the blanks. I my self believe this / or these are all one in the same, as the sport- _ _ _ -salvage dude is the fist trouble I've ever encountered, and then the next day out of the blue the _ _ _-recyclers guy cancels all of my pending bids. That's funny..... I had no problems with these, or shall I say this seller, until I questioned his prices. Check out these seller's "ID Histories" Yes, I was very polite about it. No rude or snide remarks. I always say kill 'em with kindness. Well, lets just say he or she came unglued! I myself (k10seibel) have 100% feedback and have bent over backwards to keep it over the last few years. This individual curses like a sailer and has a short fuse. He filed a "no payment" on me after I payed in full the next day following the auction's end. I was told I was blocked, then refused my payment and sent it back as a refund. End of story..... Right ! Nope. He wants his listing fees and final value fees back from Ebay. So... He files a "Unpaid Item Strike" on me, to recoup his fees. Niiiiiiice! I was warned by another Ebayer over the phone to be aware of this dude, but leave it to me to find out for myself! Just thought I'd pass the warning along! Take care and safe bidding! -Andy Seibel

deathman53
05-18-2008, 09:23 AM
what did you do about the unpaid item strike? I'd hope that if you still had the check he sent back or paypalled it back, you could present proof to them and have it removed.

mike from long island
05-18-2008, 11:01 AM
I have had both selling and buying with the first name.Sportatv guy seemed very good to me. I have sold parts to you as well.Always a smooth sale.Without knowing more on what the problem is.It will be hard for anyone to question his selling statue.I am not familar with the second ebay name you posted?? Sport atv is selling parts for a higher price I think then most.But they are very nice parts.He has spent some big $$$ on a lot of bikes and may be trying to recoup some of that investment. I know I try to resolve problems nicely too.But sometimes you just cant make things right. I hope all works out for you. :beer

Buster Brown
05-18-2008, 01:09 PM
what did you do about the unpaid item strike? I'd hope that if you still had the check he sent back or paypalled it back, you could present proof to them and have it removed.
I called Ebay and explained the problem, and then with no questions asked the operator removed the strike. Needless to say, I was surprised at how easy it was to take care of. Maybe they have a record of his past issues and bogus strikes.

Billy Golightly
05-18-2008, 01:10 PM
You CALLED ebay???? Elaborate please!

Buster Brown
05-18-2008, 01:49 PM
I have had both selling and buying with the first name.Sportatv guy seemed very good to me. I have sold parts to you as well.Always a smooth sale.Without knowing more on what the problem is.It will be hard for anyone to question his selling statue.I am not familar with the second ebay name you posted?? Sport atv is selling parts for a higher price I think then most.But they are very nice parts.He has spent some big $$$ on a lot of bikes and may be trying to recoup some of that investment. I know I try to resolve problems nicely too.But sometimes you just cant make things right. I hope all works out for you. :beer
I know without spelling the whole long story out it's hard to judge. I have used these sellers in the past and have had great outcomes. Here Are the exchanges directly from my ebay account without any editing.-
ME:
Hi there, I did not win the other item I was bidding on. So, I will pay now, but will it really cost $10.00 to mail this manual USPS???? Maybe this is just a general fee you charge or a type-O? It just seems a bit high. Please let me know your thoughts and/or send me a invoice. Thanks so much! -Andy Seibel
SELLER:
if our shipping is too high do not bid on our items, we pay employees to box, buy packing paper, boxes, tape. we ship ups only as clear in auction, by the time all is said and done we're probably losing money
ME:
I understand. I should have read the shipping price. I will not to buy from you in the future! Thanks any how. -another lost customer
SELLER:
no problem, you're blocked already jackasses like you cry about things they should read in clear BIG print, of course you'd NEVER cry about a mint impossible to find item like this being so damn cheap!
ME:
You know I didn't do any name calling here. I just don't know why you're not willing to make your customers feel good about their purchases?? They are the ones who pay your bills. I admitted to not reading your BIG print, MY FAULT!! No need to be rude here and use foul words! Now what do you want me to put for your feedback??? I may just post these messages on the other ebay ATV forums to let others judge for themselves! How do you call this stuff impossible to find anyway. I watch everyday and there is always another one to come down the road, always! Sorry pal! Don't take your frustrations out on me. I've read your feedback and am not alone here! So will you just put "DISREGARD disgruntle buyer" after more neg. feedback?? Nice cop out! -Andy Seibel

You all be the judge!I know this is really is adolescent behavior over a couple of bucks, but the real point I was trying to make is, I am the customer, and why can't the seller work with his customers to make the sale a good one, resulting with repeat business! This is what I do to keep good feedback and happy customers. I guess I have a different feeling on how to deal with folks during a crappy economy. I made a call to this seller to try to smooth things over and got a very polite employee of his, whom told me to call back in a hour. I did, and was told by the seller that I had the wrong # and to F off! So, I checked the phone # with the contact resolution center's seller info, and redialed. I said "come on you know this is the right #" He then cursed me out and slammed the phone. I guess when confronted he doesn't have anything constructive to say and is a bit of a coward. This is all my opinion here, and I respect any other thoughts shared by anyone else here! Thanks guys! -Andy Seibel k10seibel

Buster Brown
05-18-2008, 02:01 PM

When a strike is filed on you by another party, You have the opportunity to try to resolve the problem yourself. If you have no resolution with trying to get the other party to remove the strike, you are invited to talk to ebay via computer or to call their 800 # . I chose to call on the phone. When I first got through and listened to the main menu, I listened to a recorded message that explains that I had been invited to use this 800# only by special privilege because I have a posted strike on my acct. I was instructed to not share this 800# with anyone. I know this must sound like BS, but pm me, and I can share a # with you. After working the menu options I reached a very polite operator, who finished removing the strike on my acct. After our conversation he asked me to take a three question survey to give feedback as to how helpful this resolution center and operator's service was. Obviously I gave all high marks! - Andy

mike from long island
05-18-2008, 02:38 PM

I was having a problem with my credit card on file.It would not automaticly pay the fees.This happen twice.So I updated the credit card info incase they missed something.Still I was unable to pay my fees.So I called the credit card company.Somehow threw ebay I was charged a $1.09 for a telecommuncations thingy.So the credit card company thought something was fishy and put a freeze on my card.Do you think they would give me a curtisy call???? NOPE. that credit card is just for ebay so I never use it else where.Anyways to make a long story short I am still unable to pay the fees.I got an ALERT with a special direct to an operator #. With this # I was able to reslove the matter within minutes.The first thing she told me was not to give the # out.But if anyone really needs it I dont care what they say!! HEHE Lets start a website and have everyone flood their phone lines as payback for all their HIGH fees!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Buster Brown
05-18-2008, 03:05 PM
I was having a problem with my credit card on file.It would not automaticly pay the fees.This happen twice.So I updated the credit card info incase they missed something.Still I was unable to pay my fees.So I called the credit card company.Somehow threw ebay I was charged a $1.09 for a telecommuncations thingy.So the credit card company thought something was fishy and put a freeze on my card.Do you think they would give me a curtisy call???? NOPE. that credit card is just for ebay so I never use it else where.Anyways to make a long story short I am still unable to pay the fees.I got an ALERT with a special direct to an operator #. With this # I was able to reslove the matter within minutes.The first thing she told me was not to give the # out.But if anyone really needs it I dont care what they say!! HEHE Lets start a website and have everyone flood their phone lines as payback for all their HIGH fees!!!!!!!!!:lol:
For sure! :beer That would be a good one! I'm thinking anyone on such a website might be quickly banned from ebay. There is always a way around these things though. Some secret hu? Just suggesting to not share these 800#s is reason enough for people to give them out. It's just human nature! Oh well.

400exguy
05-18-2008, 03:44 PM
I agree the guy didn't need to get nasty with you...but it really is your fault. Bidding is a legal binding contract and once you hit the bid button, by law you are required to follow through if you win. Thus, all negotiations and questions should be asked before you hit the button. Just like in real life you dont buy something then try to get the price adjusted. Not being a douche just saying:Bounce

In the end, one could say you are both wrong

Buster Brown
05-18-2008, 04:20 PM
I agree the guy didn't need to get nasty with you...but it really is your fault. Bidding is a legal binding contract and once you hit the bid button, by law you are required to follow through if you win. Thus, all negotiations and questions should be asked before you hit the button. Just like in real life you dont buy something then try to get the price adjusted. Not being a douche just saying:Bounce

In the end, one could say you are both wrong

You are100% right. Thanks!-Andy