PDA

View Full Version : bike got impounded cops suck!

oOGoFastOo
05-18-2008, 10:39 PM
this weekend me and a bunch of my friends went down to Florence riding, and i borrowed my friends 400ex because my trike is broke and last night my other friend jumped on it to ride and he got pulled over because the taillight wasn't working and the cop gave him a $6,200 ticket for driving while suspended because he doesn't have his license any more "DUI" and you have to have a license and insurance to ride in the sand. and impounded the bike when he was 100 feet from camp and it cost us $100 to get the cops to release it and the tow bill was $282.50. it turned out to be an expensive weekend. :confused:

Erics350x
05-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Dude, you got some prick cops up there

Billy Golightly
05-18-2008, 10:53 PM
$6200 ticket, holy shiz!

KASEY
05-18-2008, 11:00 PM
well i guess we have only one side of the story,,, they don't write big buck tickets for no reason,,, i rode in the oregon dunes many years so i been there,,

Nick_R_23
05-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Unless theres some side of the story your not telling us, I would think a 6200$ ticket is EXTERMELY unreasonable, especially if your only on an ATV. If we get our bikes impounded, its only a 100-200$ fine, and thats with riding on the road, no taillights, registration, etc. Not that I would know. :lol: I would contest that ticket, seems like the guy was having a god complex that day or something.

-Nick :TrikesOwn

bigreddaddy
05-18-2008, 11:35 PM
my other friend jumped on it to ride and he got pulled over because the taillight wasn't working and the cop gave him a $6,200 ticket for driving while suspended because he doesn't have his license any more "DUI" and you have to have a license and insurance to ride in the sand.

I'm sure the reason its so high is because your buddy had a suspended license. He's lucky he didn't go to jail.

oOGoFastOo
05-19-2008, 12:44 AM
yeah, thats why the bike got towed, because you need a valid license to ride any motorised vehicle on state property. also the fine for the ticket will be droped down when he goes to court, but i dont think the bike should have been towed when it was so close to camp. it just pissed me off and then i didnt have anything to ride today.

ATC70DUDE
05-19-2008, 01:29 AM
That exactly why I never stop when the pricks want to talk to me. If they can catch me, more power to them, but I aint been caught yet. And that is the dumbest law I have ever heard of, not being able to ride because of no drivers liscense, what pencil pushing prick made that one up, I'd like to spit in his face and then roost his azz!:mad: So I guess 15 and younger cant ride at all then?

mark38090
05-19-2008, 07:45 AM
I find it amusing that you blame the cops... I am going to court june 10 on a $550 ticket but I don't blame the cops, jus doing their jobs. And then there's running... there's a good idea, NOT! That gives offroaders a great image, how about just obey the laws.

ATC70DUDE
05-19-2008, 09:08 AM
If it was a matter of obeying the laws it would be one thing. Anymore they just look for any stupid reason to get you, my buddy got a ticket going back to camp cause his flag was broke and they didnt care. I wanted to rip one of thier flags off and beat them with it. Another buddy got his impounded cause there was powder coat over the vin#'s. The state could see his #'s good enough to register it, so why do the pigs impound it? He even tried scratching it off with his knife but they didn't care, IMPOUNDED with a $500 fee! What a load of BS. There is another reason to stop for them, NOT! If they were doing even half of thier job I could see it but the way things are now, they gotta catch me to do anything. The situation has gone WAY beyond simply doing what is right, they dont give a crap about any of that, reveune brings promotion! That is the problem. They could care less about your saftey are well being, as long as they are commended for thier ticket quota and there is NO WAY I am letting them pull that crap on me! And I could care less about the "image" load of B.S. People run in cars everyday, do you see them banning cars? NO! DO you really think that they will outlaw atv's for some poeple running? Wow, what did you smoke? They make MILLIONS of screwing with us, taxes on sales and registration, so I dont think that will happen anytime soon! Got anything better than that? Didn't think so! So I will keep running till they shoot me off my trike, regardless of what you think of it or what they think. I haven't been caught in 17 years and I Ain't about to start.

bigreddaddy
05-19-2008, 09:39 AM
If it was a matter of obeying the laws it would be one thing. Anymore they just look for any stupid reason to get you, my buddy got a ticket going back to camp cause his flag was broke and they didnt care. I wanted to rip one of thier flags off and beat them with it. Another buddy got his impounded cause there was powder coat over the vin#'s. The state could see his #'s good enough to register it, so why do the pigs impound it? He even tried scratching it off with his knife but they didn't care, IMPOUNDED with a $500 fee! What a load of BS. There is another reason to stop for them, NOT! If they were doing even half of thier job I could see it but the way things are now, they gotta catch me to do anything. The situation has gone WAY beyond simply doing what is right, they dont give a crap about any of that, reveune brings promotion! That is the problem. They could care less about your saftey are well being, as long as they are commended for thier ticket quota and there is NO WAY I am letting them pull that crap on me! And I could care less about the "image" load of B.S. People run in cars everyday, do you see them banning cars? NO! DO you really think that they will outlaw atv's for some poeple running? Wow, what did you smoke? They make MILLIONS of screwing with us, taxes on sales and registration, so I dont think that will happen anytime soon! Got anything better than that? Didn't think so! So I will keep running till they shoot me off my trike, regardless of what you think of it or what they think. I haven't been caught in 17 years and I Ain't about to start.

You have a serious attitude problem. Its because of punks like you, who have absolutely no respect for the law, make every law abiding person suffer higher fines, higher insurance, and less places to ride.

Tri-Z 250
05-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Run? Why the need to run if your not doing anything wrong? Flag ticket, is for your safty and the safty of others, rules are clear for all who ride the State property. What if the park or the Dunes were closed to everyone? A cheap whip flag so everyone can be spotted and a registration sticker to still ride....Not asking too much in my opinion. The DUI friend was told by the judge in court he was not allowed to operate any plated or regestered vech. on State property before he left the court, that I'M SURE OF! The frame issue ticket...Let me ask you this: Did he have the required regestration or tag on his bike proper like? My guess is you attract the COPS like bees to honey. Loud party....open containers? I'm sure the DUI guy quit drinking because he's learned his lesson. Ripping down the road instead of going slowly to the trail head and back like the rules state clearly. If you give the authorities a reason to mess with you don't falt them for doing their job. MILLIONS of $ WTF are you talking about you fool. You act like your crew went with full regestered bikes legit equipment/papers, tags ect. You paid a milloin dollars for your tag to ride? NO SPORT you payed more for gas, weed and beer than you did for the donation to keep the park open. I've camp directly across from some young wheelie poppin camp/pit riders as your crew....Can't just go fast on the trail you feel the need to show everyone at the parking lot that you still got beer skills. A word of advice: Tell the under suspension guy to get his reinstatement and all his fees paid in full before going to court, to show good faith. Oh yeah have the CASH to pay all the possible fees in hand at the court apearence. It might just help with the suspended time he has, do to probation rules. he's under. :wondering

mark38090
05-19-2008, 12:59 PM
So I will keep running till they shoot me off my trike, regardless of what you think of it or what they think. I haven't been caught in 17 years and I Ain't about to start.

When you get caught, and you will, I hope you grow up! By the way, How old are you?:mad:

brapp
05-19-2008, 01:00 PM
wow i onlylost mu license 2 years and had 4500 dollars in fines and lost my bike for good but i also broke 178+ mph on the main highway

oOGoFastOo
05-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Run? Why the need to run if your not doing anything wrong? Flag ticket, is for your safty and the safty of others, rules are clear for all who ride the State property. What if the park or the Dunes were closed to everyone? A cheap whip flag so everyone can be spotted and a registration sticker to still ride....Not asking too much in my opinion. The DUI friend was told by the judge in court he was not allowed to operate any plated or regestered vech. on State property before he left the court, that I'M SURE OF! The frame issue ticket...Let me ask you this: Did he have the required regestration or tag on his bike proper like? My guess is you attract the COPS like bees to honey. Loud party....open containers? I'm sure the DUI guy quit drinking because he's learned his lesson. Ripping down the road instead of going slowly to the trail head and back like the rules state clearly. If you give the authorities a reason to mess with you don't falt them for doing their job. MILLIONS of $ WTF are you talking about you fool. You act like your crew went with full regestered bikes legit equipment/papers, tags ect. You paid a milloin dollars for your tag to ride? NO SPORT you payed more for gas, weed and beer than you did for the donation to keep the park open. I've camp directly across from some young wheelie poppin camp/pit riders as your crew....Can't just go fast on the trail you feel the need to show everyone at the parking lot that you still got beer skills. A word of advice: Tell the under suspension guy to get his reinstatement and all his fees paid in full before going to court, to show good faith. Oh yeah have the CASH to pay all the possible fees in hand at the court apearence. It might just help with the suspended time he has, do to probation rules. he's under.
the bikes were all legal except for the tail light wasnt working and he was stopped talking to his friend when the cop pulled up to them and wrote hin athe ticket. do go ripping on people when you have no idea what happened.

Brockey
05-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Well that suxs. I have out ran the cops before and do realize it was a stupid thing to do. Bigger fine if caught. Also I was afraid to take the bike to that area after that. Since I sold that bike I will no longer run. I have the bikes I want and will suffer a ticket to keep them. Better yet give them no reason to pull you over. They tried the brake light one before and my answer was, you see me using hand signals. He said no, I said pay attention the next time. lol, I got away with that one.