PDA

View Full Version : Small chance 3 wheelers can be raced in Alaska!!

Nick_R_23
05-21-2008, 04:10 AM
The only main ATV/dirtbike racing up here is set up by MXAlaska, and I never really looked into it even though I know several people from school who race there, I just figured 3 wheelers wouldnt be allowed like everywhere else. So I got curious tonight and checked the entire website and rulebook and it doesnt say anywhere that 3 wheelers cant compete!! So I sent them an email asking if I could run my 250R since it meets all the requirements and used to be raced in another state anyway.

Im not getting my hopes up too much just yet, but on the better chance that theyll say no, is there anything I can do to try and convince them to let me run? If the rules dont say trikes cant compete, and my bike meets all the standards, wouldnt they have to let me run? Im not too sure how all this works, suggestions?? I would really like to be able to reintoduce 3 wheelers into the racing scene up here. Thanks

-Nick :TrikesOwn

Name Brand
05-21-2008, 01:55 PM
What's the website for MXAlaska? Good on ya for checking this out!

I do have a 2nd generation R to put together (might be a while before i get to it though). I'm not sure how competitive a racer I would be but I'd be thrilled to help fill up a roster if it were a trike race.

Do they do races out at Kincaid? It's a fun track if you've never been. I had my SX out there one day; I endod off the big tabletop and broke my leg and collarbone. I got better, fixed my machine and still ride it every chance I get. That's how you become a seasoned rider right???:wondering

Nick_R_23
05-21-2008, 05:02 PM
The website is MXalaska.com, if you click on Tracks itll show you where all the races are held. Theres one in Anchorage, Palmer, Kenai, and Fairbanks. I havent gotten an email back yet, Ill post right up when I find out.

Yamada
05-21-2008, 09:34 PM
What kind of race??

Nick_R_23
05-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Motocross is conducted on a closed outdoor course, includes both right-hand and left-hand turns,and includes hills, jumps and other terrain that necessitates gear changing. Natural terrain should be included whenever possible.

That is from the official 2008 rulebook, just MX I believe.

Nick_R_23
05-27-2008, 02:03 AM
Dammit well heres their responce:

Sorry, no three wheelers. I agree with your comments about racing though - we do have a great time and enjoy the company.

Id like to ask them whats keeping them from allowing them to race but I really cant think up how to ask besides 'why the f8ck not?!?!' :lol: Ill try to find out what I can and post up when I hear back.

oldsking86
05-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Insurance reasons.. Ever since the problems back in the 80's and the "banning" of atc's most tracks don't want to even have them on there for insurance liabilities.