PDA

View Full Version : You're most embarrasing ATV moment.

Havoxx
05-23-2008, 08:08 PM
So, after doing an invoice for all the money I've spent on my 200sx, I feel I have spent way too much on a very simple problem. It all started with the rusty head, fine, I bought a new head, no problem, no spark, fine, new CDI and Coil, still nothing, low compression, fine, new cylinder, still nothing, at this point(bout a month ago) I was so angry, I said FINE, new motor....

So the motor gets here, I install it, and to no avail I can get it to start.... My dad says, try the key that came with it.... Put the key, turned it on, *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* if you know it, starts on the first pull.

How much was this little fiasco for me, $1242.73, I spent $1042.73 on a bike I paid $200 for. All things considered, I have an extra motor, extra cylinder/head, 3 CDI's, 3 coils, two mufflers, exhaust pipes, so I guess if it ever breaks I have a lot of parts ;).

Oh yea, and that key, came with the other motor, wouldn't you know it, I spent $472 on a key :D.

longbedGTs
05-23-2008, 08:43 PM
I went riding at Ocala Nat Forest with Allen and some other people. Its got 'woops' that looked like fun, so I decide to hit them with the 86 250SX I had at the time. I hit them WFO coming downhill and the back end started bouncing side to side. I ended up eating dirt and scratching up some brand new plastics. Nobody saw me till a kid yelled "Hey look! He wrecked!" Dammit
Embarrasing part? We just unloaded the machines and I wasnt even 5 minutes off the trailer and already wrecked!

SYKO
05-23-2008, 08:54 PM
dude...jason...when I saw that you posted I knew right then and there that is what you were going to say! lol!! good times man....how about your spill at the motoplex?

Erics350x
05-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Mine was about 10min. ago. I bought a 400ex earlier this week and it had a dead battery, so i had to charge it and didn't have time all week to try till a few min ago. I couldn't Fing wait! I drive across town where i store my toys, hook the battery up and dang if i didn't forget the key. So now i'm alittle pissed, i drive back to my place and i can't find the damn key anywhere. I go back to the lot and figure out how to hot wire the stupid thing. I finally got it started and jump on wide open down the street. I get right in front of the only people around and BANG it dies, no power. I look behind me and my battery fell out and took half the wiring with. I forgot to strap the mother freaking thing in! I'm realy pissed now! I has to push that P.O.S. uphill for a block and a half then up a 70 degree drive. Then go back and pick up may busted ass battery and wiring.

SYKO
05-23-2008, 09:02 PM
well I should post mine.

I as well dipped in ocala mines better story though

we where doing a group ride I was effectivly 5th in line on my 83 300R at the time, we toped a hill that had about 600 yard downhill sand wash, chevy57harley79( miike) was ahead of me and about half way down the hill allready.. SO I went balls OUT WOT 5th gear im quickly approching him then when Im right on his azz he darts to the right, what do I see?..... a downed pin tree halfway across the trail!!!! OMFG!! no time to turn to I grab brake and clutch, but the sand is soft the front end sinks into the sand the rear stands up, and I well....effectivly became a flying Gorrilla at that moment... Mind you I was still going almost wide open so fast in fact that mike turned around and saw me flying through the air yelling OOOOOHHHHHH FFFFFFVVVVVCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!! he speed up and I narrowly miss taking him off his trike!! I land in the sand roll a few times and sit kinda stunned... the trikes front tire was almost completly under the sand sitting on its side, I had a helmet full of sand, and a very fun memory..... dammed tree.

Erics350x
05-23-2008, 09:38 PM
well I should post mine.

effectivly became a flying Gorrilla at that moment...

Now thats sum funny crap! Flyin Monkey's!
:lol:

Dammit!
05-23-2008, 10:49 PM
I once ran over my own leg while doing a stand up wheelie. Don't ask me how because I have no idea.

smokinwrench
05-23-2008, 11:12 PM
First tiem I met CHAINSAW, Okie, and a few other guys at Little Sahara. I was on my 85 R. I was in a nice wheelie 4-5 gear flying down the sand, in half a second later I was doing an endo in the sand. Picked myself up about 10 minutes later we started jumping soem big dunes. CHAINSAW and a couple others were jumping big. I got into the act and was jumping with them. We were stepping off the jumps and were landing about 60-70 feet out. CHAINSAW got a huge jump. I was next, went clear up the next dune and came down and hit the jump wide open chainsaw said when I flew by I was about 8-10 feet above his extended arms (his 6'4") I got it turned sideways in midair. When I landed I barrel rolled, broke 2 tires off the beads, bent my bars like an old 10 speed bike, broke both rad. shrouds, and a some other stuff. I limped for a couple months after that crash.

Bryan Raffa
05-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Most Embarrassing Moment.....:lol:

Ya really!:rolleyes:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/bryanraffa/th_388c76b3.jpg (http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/bryanraffa/?action=view&current=388c76b3.flv)

jason85atc250r
05-24-2008, 12:01 AM
i give that jump a 9.8 for style:lol:

Dirtcrasher
05-24-2008, 08:40 AM
LOL.... Nice Bryan, funny watching your get off! I did hate seeing the trike tumble though.....

Bryan Raffa
05-24-2008, 07:07 PM
thought you guys would get a kick out of that..:lol:

Kintore
05-24-2008, 08:59 PM
I once tipped it over pulling a nice 1st gear atc200 catwalk for a group of 15 or so hot chickas

Bryan, that video cracks me up everytime I see it lmao

SCEADU
05-25-2008, 07:53 AM
When I was in high school we were riding with the local hotties and came up to some hill climbs. Nothing real challengeing just some very neat speed climbs that you could get big air off of the top. I had my eye on one of the girls for some time and the testosteroin kicked in and I started getting higher and higher off the top of them. When I thought I had enough air I went into freestyle mode and was doing some splits in the air. Stretched one a little to far and splt my britches from my ankle to my hip. Needless to say this was first thing in the morning and I had to ride with my junk hanging out for the rest of the day. I gues I did not impress cause I never got the date.

LonesomeTriZ
05-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Um, I got my Warrior stuck in the top of a tree. Does that count?

SYKO
05-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Um, I got my Warrior stuck in the top of a tree. Does that count?

NO! you wrecked the warrior on a weak ass tree root, that even my gf didnt have no problems with!:welcome:

LonesomeTriZ
05-25-2008, 10:48 AM
NO! you wrecked the warrior on a weak ass tree root, that even my gf didnt have no problems with!:welcome:

I some how blocked that from my memory. :wondering I still think the tree thing was funnier.

SYKO
05-25-2008, 10:51 AM
blocked from your memory? wtf? hahahahhaa remember we used a peice of old water hose to tie the front end of the warrior back together and it got towed back to the truck like that! dee da dee.

LonesomeTriZ
05-25-2008, 11:06 AM
blocked from your memory? wtf? hahahahhaa remember we used a peice of old water hose to tie the front end of the warrior back together and it got towed back to the truck like that! dee da dee.

Um, nope. That wasn't me.:wondering It must have been the other guy.:lol:

longbedGTs
05-25-2008, 04:25 PM
dude...jason...when I saw that you posted I knew right then and there that is what you were going to say! lol!! good times man....how about your spill at the motoplex?

Eh, the motoplex crash wasnt embarrasing. It was a pretty good sized jump IMO. Now if I wrecked on the kiddie track, then THAT would have been embarrasing! :eek:

erectordale
05-25-2008, 08:08 PM
500 crash at trike fest in 06 drag racing poor plastics