PDA

View Full Version : removeing paint

Xowner
06-12-2003, 06:14 PM
whats the easy way to remove paint from my side case without a sandblaster !?

Thanks

Bill X_R
06-12-2003, 06:17 PM
whats the easy way to remove paint from my side case without a sandblaster !?

Thanks

You can poor brake fluid all over it, and it will bubble off in 24 hrs

Kilborg
06-12-2003, 06:24 PM
Brake fluid is about the best paint remover there is, that stuff works like a charm. Usually i do this and take a wire brush or wire wheel to it and it comes off like nothing.

Xowner
06-12-2003, 06:28 PM
lmao 24 hours!!!! any body know anything quicker?

Bill X_R
06-12-2003, 06:47 PM
lmao 24 hours!!!! any body know anything quicker?

I'm tellin ya bro...that’s the way to go!

Just curious why you want to remove the paint anyway? If your re-painting then just paint over the stuff that’s on there. If your looking to polish the cover, then use the brake fluid..It will get in all those nooks for ya! If you wire wheel it, it will leave all kinds of scratches you'll have to sand out later.

Xowner
06-12-2003, 06:52 PM
yah im polishing it ! ight i try tyhe brake fuild!

TimSr
06-12-2003, 10:20 PM
Brake fluid works, but has no one else ever used paint stripper? It just might be crazy enough to work!

Bill X_R
06-12-2003, 10:31 PM
but has no one else ever used paint stripper? It just might be crazy enough to work!

LOL...Yea but honestly I think the brake fluid works better.

jenndnn3
06-13-2003, 11:36 AM
K-3 premium jelly, Paint stripper, recommend GLOVES....works very fast, no oil to wash, MEK (methyl ethyl ketone) again gloves recommended, Depending on paint slow or fast, Acetone Dont waste your time this stuff sucks in my humble opinion, Mineral spirits, great for accidental overspray general cleanup, should be be applied right away, while paint still not set. also wont kill what you want to keep, unless you get carried away...I alos use this to wash my hands after painting, however it will dry out your hands get the lotion ready.....

smokinwrench
06-13-2003, 01:29 PM
Goto your local John Deere store and buy a can of paint and decal remover it is the best made, even auto body shops use it. It will make you fingers and skin tingle it is so powerful. It is about $5 a can.

Josh

jeswinehart
06-13-2003, 07:04 PM
easy off works pretty good for your delicates,,,, (wire looms - plastics)
leave it set for overnight + brush off w/water and repeat as needed.

hints from martha sterwart

250rAL
06-13-2003, 09:44 PM
A 7" angle grinder w/a knotted wire wheel is my weapon of choice. LOL It might be a tad aggressive on your aluminum though :-D