PDA

View Full Version : check this out!!!

freaksfix
10-29-2002, 05:39 PM
got a little board the other day this SH*T takes for ever!!!!

catfishwhisker
10-29-2002, 09:26 PM
Yep, it does take forever! I just got through doing everything on the 200X motor I'm building. I was wanting to do the cases too, but I gave up! That's just too much work!

Kingsnake
10-29-2002, 10:11 PM
Nice work, man!

Could you guys give me a run-down on how you do it and a materials list? I know you have to sand/wetsand with a bunch of different grits, and buff it with a wheel, but that's basically it. I would like to get a step by step procedure on this if you don't mind, since I'm planing on shining up a bunch of stuff on my X too! Any tips, tricks or advice would be most appreciate too! :-D

I was also considering doing my cases/covers - is it really that hard to do or just very time consuming?

freaksfix
10-29-2002, 10:38 PM
start with some thing small to get a feel of the extensive time consumpion noway i would even consider a case..(unless i had a broken leg and in a wheel chair due to a hill climb gone wrong!!) lol knock on wood..but any how im new to it also, i started with a wire wheel to knock off paint then some 220 then 320 then buff the hell outta it..and you have it a nice shinny piece of polished aluminam to take in the woods and get it all muddy and scraped up by tree branches...lol