PDA

View Full Version : Need help selecting an MP3 player and FM transmitter

LonesomeTriZ
06-03-2008, 05:57 AM
I know NOTHING about these. I need some guidance in selecting an all inclusive kit. Below is a list of things I would like it to do. Please let me know if they can do it and where to get one. I will have to order it because the PX over is not electronic friendly.

A display that will allow me to sort though music folders and select specific music and not just let it shuffle on its own.

Something that will allow me to download pre-assembled play lists and edit them.

Some kind of kit that plugs into my power source in my truck WITHOUT any wires hanging.

I would like the FM transmitter to be easily removed from the MP3 player so I can leave the transmitter in my truck.

An MP3 player that will accept the music I download regardless of the program I use.

Rechargeable with the option of using regular batteries if need be.

Something fairly new to the market so it is not obsolete a week after I get it.

Well, is all this realistic? I also want to know what other features you all suggest. I have never owned any type of MP3 player before. So any advice is welcome.

Tri-ZNate
06-03-2008, 06:10 AM
Other than the battery part an Ipod is able to do it all. Pick up an FM transmitter at the Yall Mart for $20 (runs on AA batterys). I like the Ipods because they can do it all plus they are a great product.

LonesomeTriZ
06-03-2008, 09:36 AM
I saw some one over here using an Ipod with an FM transmitter he said came from some store back home and it was annoying. It had wires hanging out and gettin tangled up an everything.

Tri-ZNate
06-03-2008, 10:06 AM
the one I'm refering to only has 1 wire, and that plugs into your Ipod.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/250sx/transmiter.jpg

LonesomeTriZ
06-03-2008, 11:07 AM
That does look a lot simpler than the one he had.

The Goat
06-03-2008, 05:46 PM
sony ericson Walkman phone. I'm running the sony w810i. Holds up to two gigs of memory, though you may want more.

it'll run you about 60 bucks after rebate, if you have at&t and get a contract. but if you already have a cell phone with em, it's really no big deal to upgrade.

LonesomeTriZ
06-03-2008, 11:59 PM
The phone I have through Verision has that. I like it, but a phone is doing me no good over here in Iraq.

The Goat
06-04-2008, 09:45 AM
ah, gotcha...

I'm gonna be honest then, the ipods, are truly overrated. for the amount of money you spend on them, you can get a different player with loads more features from any of the big companies.

84honda200s
06-04-2008, 10:14 AM
ive got a sandisk e250 and it does good. it will take movies, songs, pics, its got a recorder on it to record voices or what ever, and a radio. its only a 2 gig though but it does have a micro card slot for extended memory. it only requires its own conversion program for video. music will go rite on as long as it is wmp file. i think it may also need conversion for pics too but i cant remember. (i use it for music only.) best part is they are about 80.00-100.00 bucks !!! allot cheaper than i spent on my i pod (ill never get one again. dropped it one time and it died) which was around 200.00 at the time.

ive dropped mine, kicked mine, and even thrown mine and it works great still.

oooo and if you end up getting a sandisk e250 series let me know if you want the converter for the video and photo. i have the installer still. its a free program but kinda tough to get a good clean (virus free) copy on line.

LonesomeTriZ
06-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks. That is something I have not heard. I will check into that now.