PDA

View Full Version : HILL CLIMB how many

tri-z me
06-03-2008, 02:55 PM
how many people usually enter the hill climb?

Billy Golightly
06-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Theres no real "entry" people just gather at the top of it and if you want to go down it and back up, ya do it and everyone will take pictures/video and try and cheer you on :)

Louis Mielke
06-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Basically whoever has any balls goes to the bottom and throws themself at the hill till they make it back to the top.

The devil's backbone isn't so much a hill as it is a craggy rocky incline thats a pain to climb when its dry and downright ugly to climb when its wet.

keister
06-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Really, there is no "entering." If you have the testicular fortitude to ride to the bottom of the backbone, you have entered the hillclimb.

There are the same 4-5 people that are able to climb it every year. Last year I remember 3Leg on 500R, TimSr on TriZ, Raffa on 350X, Brapp on 110, plus a handful of others on trikes (my apologies if I left you off).

You will also see a few dirt bikes and a couple of quads that make it. Most years, there are a few quads that try it and end up cartwheeling back to the bottom.

If I had to guess, I would say 10-12 people will make it from the bottom to the top (depending on weather).

The hardest part is the bottom of the hill - that is what makes or breaks people. It is washed out and there are boulders. There are lots of spotters standing in that area.

There are a few people who go halfway down and just climb the top part too. I have ofthen thought about doing this on the 200S, but lose my courage when I get back there. ATCTim did it the top half a few times on his Big Red and made it look easy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFZBlhFTVpw