PDA

View Full Version : car= 10 bikers=0

factoryX
06-04-2008, 02:22 AM
I hate people that ride in groups of 20 on road bikes, sure it is a gas saver to ride bicycles, but 5 wide in the middle of the road?

o-well, I saw this and Felt sorry for the people because it was a race, but in the middle of a freeway?....

This happen either this week, or last week.

a little on the graphic side but does not show any thing.
http://images.onset.freedom.com/brownsville/k1vdgf-0603a1ciclistas2copy.jpg

TwoHundredEx
06-04-2008, 02:55 AM
Did you know that the driver was drunk, and fell asleep at the wheel?
Kind of an important part to leave out... lol.

factoryX
06-04-2008, 03:12 AM
gee, I wonder what he was thinking when it happen?

factoryX
06-04-2008, 03:46 AM
this is what they should have.

http://journal.davidbyrne.com/images/2007/07/03/06_20_07_a_bike_path.jpg

thefox
06-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Gee and I hate it when big trucks are on the hi-way, they should outlaw that as well. :rolleyes:

There are just a bunch of inconsiderate pricks driving on the roadway, I hope your not one of them. And yes I speak from experience; I feel I am fortunate to have only been hit by a car once while on a bike. I run literally thousands of miles each year on the road and I have witnessed some very close calls because people are not paying attention or just don’t care.

factoryX
06-04-2008, 09:05 AM
do you ride in front of cars when there is a 50mph speed limit and you are only going 23mph? I like biking to, I think it is fun to hawl ass down some trail and hit jumps and over clearing them 10 feet...

edog
06-04-2008, 09:21 AM
They have a rite to be there.If they want to be azzes then there gonna pay.

factoryX
06-04-2008, 09:37 AM
actually they are supposed to be single line on the side of the road, a cop arested8 people in denver for being 4 wide on a free way.... it is illeagle to be in packs.

thefox
06-04-2008, 09:42 AM
do you ride in front of cars when there is a 50mph speed limit and you are only going 23mph?

If it's an organized even like a race then you bet I would.

I'm not saying that bikers should be "5 wide in the middle of the road" on a normal training ride. Even when riding or running single file lots of people don't leave room, even just sliding over a little in their lane would be something but you would be surprised how many people don't do that.

I rarely bike because of cars, I have had to jump a curb to keep from getting hit by morons while I was running, I can't do that on a bike.

thefox
06-04-2008, 09:43 AM
They have a rite to be there.If they want to be azzes then there gonna pay.

You want to explain that eDoggy.....

factoryX
06-04-2008, 09:51 AM
I have rode in the middle of the road only to get pulled over for 10mph over the speed limit.lol, I barly ride on the street, I mainly go sidewalk riding and little j-walk here and there but I hate it here! oregon is full democratic idoits who ride in the middle of the road on purpose, my mom got flipped off because she got tired of waiting behind several bikers so she sped past them and one of them has the balls to flip off my mother. idk it just gets annoying after a while.

factoryX
06-04-2008, 09:53 AM
also I am all for bike racing, It is fun to watch le tour de france, epspeically when people hit the gaurd rails at 45mph and fly down a cliff... fun to watch.

brapp
06-04-2008, 06:13 PM
her ein pa if your on a bicycle in the middle fo the road you deserve everyhtign you get. i just abotu totaled my truck once on a mountain road they call red rock isnt the nicest roa dint he world and expecialy towig 22.000 lbs between truck trailer and excavator it is a 12% grade for 2 and 1/2 miles and verry verry hard to stop and the idiots on the damn bikes are goign liek 35 down this hill and i have all 4 wheels locked up slidign down the roadway tryign everythgin i can not ot jackknife the trailer next time i am just gonan lay on the horn and pray they move.

factoryX
06-04-2008, 06:41 PM
What is funny is that people know the danger, and that the bike lanes where put there on purpose to make people slow down, or make driving hard because people hate cars becasue they some how "destroy enviroment".

factoryX
06-05-2008, 01:20 AM
1."Mow down a crowd of bikers, AND still be able to slice right through a tomato; the all new Ginzu Merc!"

2."Not your father's hit-and-run-mobile!"

3."Don't drink and drive, you might spill your drink!"

4."Smokey the Bear says: Only you can stamp out bicyclists"

5."Mom, have you ever woke up with that 'not-so-sure-I-remember-plowing-through-a-crowd-of-bicyclists' feeling in the morning?"

6."Buy any case of Coors, and we will throw in a new roll of 'Crime Scene Tape', free of charge!"

7."You can now mow over anything with the All-New " Speeding Mercury Edition" John Deere Lawn Tractor!"

Two cases of really cheap beer: $50
Worn out Mercury Grand Marquis 4-door: $500
Legal fees not covered by the court-appointed lawyer: $5,000

Wondering what kind of 'OH SHET' look you had on your face when you woke up in your speeding car, right at the point you hit the bicyclists: priceless

scooterroo
06-05-2008, 10:39 PM
is this fo rreal or is that a fake photo? if not then dammmmmmmmmm, someone must of been blind or dumb, or both. or one of the guys stole the drivers schwin and this is how he pays them back?

factoryX
06-06-2008, 02:15 AM
there was a race in idk where, and the guy was drunk and high at the same time and aparently did not know what happened.

edog
06-06-2008, 03:16 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/edog_02/12125.jpg

factoryX
06-06-2008, 08:21 PM
idk exactly to say to that....