PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Red Wings Win the CUP Again !!!

sandpuppi101
06-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Well like the Title say's last night the Red Wings beat the Pittsburg Penguins to bring the Stanley Cup back home to Detroit for the 4th time in 11 year's.I don't know if you's are really into hockey in your part of the world,but in NHL standard's ,were also known as HockeyTown !! I think Pittsburg put on a great battle in this series and should also be congradulated ,But we brought it Home !!!:beer :beer :w00t: :beer

keister
06-05-2008, 11:12 AM
We eat and sleep hockey in this part of the world. Pretty gloomy mood around the office today.
Hopefully a bunch of these Red Wings will be retiring soon, so the cup can spend some time in Pittsburgh over the next few years.
As a die-hard Pens fans, it was painfully obvious that Detroit was the better team. Congrats to your team.

hublake
06-05-2008, 11:34 AM
My heart almost stopped there at the end, but they made it. I have been a Red Wing fan for years. Can remember listening to it on the radio back in the 50's. They had some dry spells for a few years but it is nice to see them win again.

MotorCity
06-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Awesome, Awesome hockey team. From Zetterburg, to Datsyuk to "The Second Coming of Konstantinov (ie, Niklas Kronwall), the Wings are incredible. The better team won. Though the penalty calling was once again a bit ridiculous. I freaking can't stand Gary Betteman, I know it was his call to tell the refs "to call the game a certain way". That was mentioned on WJR radio this morning. Like the 5 on 3 call in the 1st, they gave Drake a "charging" call, he never even left his feet!! They they changed it to "roughing". That wussy call on Hudler in the last two minutes resulting in a power play goal was a joke, and the calls the last few games were a joke.

Whatever, we proved we have the best hockey team in the NHL.

Go Wings!!!!!!!!!

Ryan.
06-05-2008, 02:20 PM
wooo go wings, yay for michigan!

MotorCity
06-05-2008, 02:32 PM
In my last post I meant "his feet never left the ice" regarding the charging call.

SeaBass8
06-05-2008, 09:50 PM
The Red Wings have great defensemen. Lidstrom is phenominal. Makes it look so easy. I'm a big hockey fan but the B's havent been good in a long time. Mostly due to horrible management of the team. I play pickup hockey every Saturday night and build a rink in the yard in the winter.

Cagrats to all the Detroit fans.

SeaBass8 :beer

400exguy
06-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Plain and simple even when they won in the finals series, the pens looked out played. Pittsburgh fan but cant hide from the truth. I think they need a better conditioning trainer...some young guys looked pretty tired! Congrats to the Wings:beer

MotorCity
06-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Seabass, that is one sweet rink!! Very cool!

SeaBass8
06-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks MotorCity. I know lots of people build them out your way.

SeaBass8

edog
06-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Detroit rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

factoryX
06-06-2008, 08:19 PM
what was cool about the final game was that it was almost identical from the game 2 days before... I wanted to see the red wings lose...

MotorCity
06-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Sorry Factory X, there isn't a team that could have beat the Red Wings this year for the Cup.

350Xhilaration
06-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Congrats to the Red Wings from another PA resident.

I haven't watched hockey since the Pens won the cup in 91-92. I only caught the series winner against Philly and the last 4 games on Network TV.

Good series.

It was entertaining at least, even if Detroit won.

MotorCity
06-09-2008, 04:14 PM
I do give the Penguins a LOT of credit, they were in the cellar only a couple years back, and they made a HUGE improvement quickly. Sid Crosby has a great future ahead of him in the NHL. I actually love Pittsburgh teams (I especially loved the Steel Curtain Steelers from the late 70s), as my dad was born and grew up in Pittsburgh, he worked for the Heinz factory and also for Bethlehem Steel as a welder. But it was tough talking to him, as we were both rooting for home teams (he lived in Detroit area for 39 years, but has since moved back to Pennsylvania).