PDA

View Full Version : yfz kicker?

super90
06-07-2008, 11:55 PM
I got a 04 yfz a few weeks ago and love it! its just the battery seems to drain after 10 or so hours of riding. I think it could just be the battery but im not exactly sure. But It died in the middle of a valley which force me to push it up a big hill and bump start it. Are the kicker kits worth it? they look like they kick backwards from pics ive seen. And how hard would it be to kick compared to a 450r? Ive only seen a couple on ebay, also I dont want to spend a fortune on something I can live without. Thanks

Kintore
06-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Do you have headlights on it? IF you take them off and dont install a resistor kit the battery will die on you.

And yes the kickers go backwards, same as a 450r assuming the engine mods are the same.

You dont NEED it but, the 04/05 have had alota electrical problems, I know a few guys including myself just run a on/off and thats it, nothing else electrical, Bare Bones as they say

super90
06-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Yes theres headlights on it now. Where would I install the resistor at? Also if I were to do the barbones setup, is there a page with full diagrams?

1 more question, which one is the air/fuel screw? I cant find this thing for the life of me:
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/yamaha-atv-yfz450s-yfz450-2004/o/m8741

twgranger
06-21-2008, 07:07 AM
on the 04/05 model you have to ride with the lights on for the battery to charge enless you fix the problem like stated above.