PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Fuel Tank!!!!!!!!!

300rman
06-09-2008, 05:32 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tiger-250-gas-tank-Atc-250R-3-wheeler-tecate-tri-z_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43965QQihZ003QQitemZ1 30229416431QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

blue27
06-09-2008, 06:58 PM
ssssshhhhh!!!!!!!

lol

200x newby
06-09-2008, 07:33 PM
EXACTLY the reason why I hate the ebay forum!

oldtime3wheeler
06-09-2008, 09:56 PM
He has a bunch of Tiger parts available.

300rman
06-09-2008, 11:13 PM
i noticed that too.

Brockey
06-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Wow I bet thats the most parts for a Tiger ever on ebay at one time. Nice find for someone.

200x newby
06-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Nice find for someone.

To find on their own...

Brockey
06-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Agree with ya totally. Things like this are not suppose to be shared. Now watch the prices fly.

mike from long island
06-10-2008, 06:32 PM
I dont think anyone looking for Tiger parts would have missed it.He has Tri-Z and 250r in the title.Plus any Die-hard Tiger member will have seen these long before this post was made.

blue27
06-10-2008, 08:23 PM
I agree with the above feelings of the eBAy forum to a point, and yes I had them in my watch list before this post,lol and to agree with Mike,If I want it or I need it I am always searching for it on eBay

Now can I afford it and how many are really needing Tiger parts? lol

iowarotax
06-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Well. Im in dire need of a rear fender, cause I have none at all!! Also the front disc is all I need for my 200. Maybe I'll get lucky.........

Brockey
06-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Well I think some of you guys are going to talk to each other just to make sure ye dont be bidding on the same item and driving each others prices. But there will always be someone who do. If it was a packaged deal I would be bidding. But I have no parts so its still not a great start so no bidding here. Good luck hope you gets your fenders and rotor.

Trikeaholic
06-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Too bad, MikeFTlaud was the FIRST guy on the old school forums to find a tiger. look here, his is on the bottom of the page when he found it.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/tiger250.shtml

scooterroo
06-13-2008, 12:38 PM
just a shame to see it parted in my opinion. something as rare as tigers should be kept as complete as possible. even though his was far from done, just to have a roller like he has/had would be the cream in my corn!

Brockey
06-13-2008, 01:22 PM
The rear fender is up too $179 now, I'd say they will double before the end. But from looking at them, they are easy to reproduce. Any fibreglass shop should be able to make a mould and then you could reproduce these bad boys.

skippy
06-13-2008, 02:33 PM
this is true.. but you need 1 to start with.. and no one has stepped up to make rears

blue27
06-13-2008, 03:19 PM
most of the rears are PVC , so the question is who wants to let a mold maker work with there only set of plastic (25 year old brittle) fenders????

BUT , I do know someone working on this:naughty: :naughty:

mike from long island
06-13-2008, 04:46 PM
just a shame to see it parted in my opinion. something as rare as tigers should be kept as complete as possible. even though his was far from done, just to have a roller like he has/had would be the cream in my corn!

I gotta say,just like any nice/mint/rideable atc we see parted out.It is a shame.But that one bike probable gets many back up and running again.Now for a Tiger to be parted.We might see some more come out of the woods.It is a shame but again ask anyone who is going to bid.They are more then happy to see a roller being sacrificed for them!! :w00t:

iowarotax
06-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Im pretty excited about the chance of getting a fender. Im not getting my hopes up too high. I know ebay is hit and miss. My friend restores older Vettes and Ski-Natique boats. He thinks he can reproduce them. Hopefully some more Tiger fenders will be available in the next 6 months.

iowarotax
06-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Im not excited any more. Im out!!

skippy
06-14-2008, 12:00 PM
I attempted to work for a few people in regards to the rear fender.. I NEED one to finish/repair my trike.. So if it goes high.. I will be all over it..

I wanted to have someone reproduce them and I would have not started bidding, but no luck.. :(

Bigbore
06-14-2008, 03:13 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I was going to go to $600. I know a guy that would build a mold for $650 ready to start reproducing the rears, But $800+ is insane!:rolleyes:

All I can say is Mike is feeling the love:lol: :lol: :lol:

dirtface
06-14-2008, 03:16 PM
I am with Bigbore, hang on guys looks like a wild ride ahead. Then again, we have seen NOS 350x fenders go for over $2000.

skippy
06-14-2008, 03:24 PM
well you figure there is probaly 5-10 of us at the most that "need" tiger fenders.. i thought we could work together to get them made.. if I win the auction, I will do what I can to have them made.. I promise..

Brockey
06-14-2008, 06:15 PM
I was gonna jump on the wagon when it was around 375 or something. Was gonna get a local boat building company to reproduce them to sell too you guys in need. Then I could fund building a Tiger too, maybe trade fenders for parts,lol . But I decided to stay away from driving the price and then it went nuts and I cant afford to go that high right now. Hopefully one of you guys gets it.

Orangecnty250r
06-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Reproductions are great when there are no other options (very likely for tiger folk) but its like a maier to an OEM....hardcore collectors want the "real thing" ! I had the front produced but I need to contact who did it because I have an order for 5 more and havent heard back in a while....a long while, I have been busy and I am sure he has been as well but the mold is made!!! I lost a perfect original PVC front because the release agent wouldnt release proper on the PVC....having a mold made from PVC on a rear is a risk I just wont ever take after my experience.

HondaHarry
06-14-2008, 07:16 PM
I just said Holy Sh!t out loud when I saw the auction. been watching, but didnt place a bid, there are others who need fenders worse than I do. Im OUT. I really need a front fender though. I will buy a reproduction, but I guess if OC is having trouble getting them, then where do I stand? Same with Decals, whats the story with those? I understand the efforts involved in getting parts made for these machines, and applaud those who have taken these projects to completion! Hope I dont come across as annoying or impatient, just wondering if I got into the game a little late, I feel I am making great progress with the restore, it will have some unrestored parts on it (tank and shroud, they cleaned up great) just waiting on a few minor parts as far as hardware is concerned, after that it is mainly the tiger specific stuff, (front fender and decals) and its about as complete as I can get it. sorry if I got off track guys. HH:beer

blue27
06-14-2008, 07:35 PM
OK in the next week I will be talking to my guy again, He was up and said no problem on the fenders and will make them( I talked to 2 moldmakers and they both said they can do it). I will get a price, but orginals are better for some people. I do not need a fender but would like some to toss on to ride around the yard. I will post when I get more info. I have NOS unmounted scoop, two rear fenders, and one front fender to make repos of. I can not gurentee a rear fender will be availble soon but I have been in contact and He sais hes ready for me.

iowarotax
06-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Im in for a couple of sets. I would be happy with reproductions. Hopefully Bill will come up with the fronts. On the decals for Harry, I looked for the link to S&S graphics, but cant find it. Maybe Bill can give the info.

Bigbore
06-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Reproductions are great when there are no other options (very likely for tiger folk) but its like a maier to an OEM....hardcore collectors want the "real thing" ! I had the front produced but I need to contact who did it because I have an order for 5 more and haven’t heard back in a while....a long while, I have been busy and I am sure he has been as well but the mold is made!!! I lost a perfect original PVC front because the release agent wouldn’t release proper on the PVC....having a mold made from PVC on a rear is a risk I just wont ever take after my experience.

I've had an order in for 2 with the same guy also with no update, as well as 3 glass '82 250R seat pans and a glass '82 185S seat pan:wondering :wondering

My PVC rears to my Tiger are O.K. and could be used for a mold but like you said the PVC and doesn't release well with just carnauba wax and I didn't want to lose them.

Put me down to 2 sets of rears!

OC - Did you get with Maier about the Cagiva red plastic sets yet?

300rman
06-15-2008, 12:39 AM
looks like the tank will go relatively cheap.

Brockey
06-15-2008, 09:45 AM
they are gone back to $400 again. ???

iowarotax
06-15-2008, 09:56 AM
I saw that too. WTF? The $820.00 bid disapeared last night.

Bigbore
06-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Last night when I posted it went down from $820 to $740. Then all the way down to $400 now back up to $580.... Something STINKS!

ATC70DUDE
06-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Something definatly smells fish with that! Be careful guys.............

Brockey
06-16-2008, 08:53 AM
$760 it went for after. And the tank $153.50. All too the same buyer. Hes a happy man.

Orangecnty250r
06-16-2008, 11:12 AM
I was second bidder on both of those :( ...Those are the VERY early model tiger rear fenders and tank....Both are slightly different than almost all of us have!!!

Trikeaholic
06-16-2008, 03:53 PM
"Reproductions are great when there are no other options (very likely for tiger folk) but its like a maier to an OEM....hardcore collectors want the "real thing" !"

Sorry,I gotta disagree with that statement. the Tiger fender is so simple, and there is nothing molded into it, like a honda,(warnings, etc) and where it mounts is perfectly flat,so a repo WILL fit perfectly, and the few Tigers I have owned , each fender looked different, so the repo-vs-original does not hold up with these machines, especially being hand made. The only way anyone could tell a repo from an original, is that the original would be yellowed and brittle, ie, look like crapola,
just my.02

Brockey
06-16-2008, 04:15 PM
I agree with Trikeaholic 100%. Any good shop can make them identical to the old thing. Even your busted fenders. I know this because I have seen it done first hand. As well my 250r's front fender was FibreGlass when I got her. And Tigers were hand made and all a bit different so I figures repo's would be sweet. And imagine you could ride your Tiger and not worry about busting the fenders. Just get a new one if you do.

Tecate250
06-16-2008, 04:30 PM
PVC what is this? Why not get ahold of dc plastic and he could make you plastic ones.

Orangecnty250r
06-16-2008, 06:04 PM
You guys are TOTALLY missing the point of the repros...The front repro I had done looks better than any of my other fronts....gorgeous....BUT its a repro. The repro rears will look great if done proper !!!!! but I would MUCH rather have an all original bike with materials that date back to the time it was produced.(just like in car collector world)........ (thats what separates the men from the boys in collectors is the pursuit of ORIGINAL and authentic equipment that came from a specific era..In collector world that feels better and is worth much more.

Brockey
06-16-2008, 07:06 PM
I see your point aswell, but it sure would be nice to see some Tigers on the move and not worrying about fenders.

Orangecnty250r
06-16-2008, 07:12 PM
I see your point aswell, but it sure would be nice to see some Tigers on the move and not worrying about fenders.

Absolutely!!!! and I can see the push for them, I was just trying to point out why some people would spend more onions on the real thing from that era.

mikeftlaud
06-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Ok my account was just activated a day after my TIGER auction ended. I have been away from 3WW awhile and have a new email address so I had to reregister and it took a week to be able to post. Well I guess by now everybody saw I deceided to sell the Tiger. I have had it a while and it was just to incomplete and in bad shape for me to want to rebuild. The tail section of the frame rusted away. Any way I know you do not throw away Tiger parts. I had people wanting me to end the auction and sell them all the parts. I did not want to do that. I have been around 3WW for a looong time and knew that my bike would help you guys that need individual parts. All my friends and even my girlfriend always wondered why I still have that rusted old bike with no motor. And I would always have to say That is the AMERICAN MADE TIGER. There were only so many of them ever made. Anyway I deceided it was time to let some guys get some parts they need. That is why I wanted these parts to go to good homes. Enjoy them and cherish these rare parts as i know you will. Just you guys remember as Trikeaholic said I was the FIRST one to post pictures of the Tiger when most did not have a picture to visualize what they looked like. I am happy to read all the Tiger pages now. I still have the restored 250R, The original short cylinder 200R, and a '85 Big Red. I was into my boats for a while but now I am going to start to give that 200R some attention.

iowarotax
06-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks alot for making the parts available to us!! I needed that rotor for my 200. I wish I could of spent more $$ on the fender, but hopefully some repos will be made in the future. Thanks again.

blue27
06-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey Mike,

Thanks for letting the parts go, I know it was a tough decision, but it will help my Tiger 200 project. All I need now is 2 Rotors. Now lets see some more details on that 200R!!!!

edog
06-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Very nice collection!!!!!!!!!

Bigbore
06-17-2008, 11:38 PM
So who bought the fenders and the tank!

Was it someone here?

Brockey
06-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Well welcome back. And fill us up with some pics of your machines.

mikeftlaud
06-19-2008, 10:00 PM
pages 9 and 22 of readers rigs. Those pictures are a few years old. I have done a lot to them since then. The 200R has had some cleaning up and the 250R has a port job, Bill's pipe, all original Dunlop tires and some polishing work