PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to do a thru-hull bearing on a jet ski?

VenomRS4
06-10-2008, 05:23 PM
As stated in title. Im thinking about getting a jet ski that needs a thru-hull bearing. What is involved in this job?

MTS
06-10-2008, 05:42 PM
What make and model? some are a real PITA some not so bad, if it needs the driveshaft bearings, i would be looking real hard at the jet pump too..

TravEX
06-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Exactly what MTS said. I just got our 96 Polaris SLT 780 ski back from the shop last week. It is now JUNK. The jet bearing went and destroyed everything from the motor back. Would be more $ to fis it than it is worth.

But, to address your question. Depending on the model, you'll probably need to remove the jet pump housing and other things. Like MTS said, if you do get it, while you're in there replace every bearing and seal ya can. They are cheap, but when they go, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Ours is now just another thing for me to mow around in the yard!

Erics350x
06-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Most arent that bad, but you have to llok for damage to the hull where the bearing sits. If its a Polaris try greenhulk.net all others pwctoday.com

MTS
06-11-2008, 01:26 AM
you would be suprised how many of them pile of junk sltx's i still have to work on...haha, the kawie's are worse tho