PDA

View Full Version : global warming snow! In june!

factoryX
06-11-2008, 03:56 AM
It snowed today around La Grand, Oregon. in almost the middle of june.

also, Global cooling!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080609124551.htm

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_061008_news_snow_mountains.1a9c9ecb.html

LonesomeTriZ
06-11-2008, 05:33 AM
I think I want to live there.

SYKO
06-11-2008, 08:29 AM
well that just put that theory to rest! hahahahhaa, actually right now in ga it hasnt been near as hot as its been in the years past so far.

400exguy
06-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Not so sure I believe in the whole global warming thing myself...but it all really depeneds where you are. When I see the weather I notice places that are typically warm are a bit cooler and places that are usually tolerable this time of the near (north east) is hotter then all hell. Noticed similar things in the winter. North east (atleast not in PA where I live) doesnt get hit as hard anymore but other places get pounded constantly

Bigbore
06-11-2008, 10:06 AM
The whole idea the "WE" have the ability to affect the global climate is BULLSHIT!

Take everyone off of the planet (cars, people, cows, etc) and the CO2 emissions would only be reduced 1/2% off of the current levels. The majority of CO2 comes from the ocean. I remember as a kid the when we were going someplace the exhaust fumes from all of the cars was really bad. There was always a bluish haze from the cars and trucks. Colorado passed an clean air smog testing program. You had to take your car in to have the emissions tested for CO (carbon monoxide), having cats on the cars turned the CO into CO2. That was a good thing. Now CO2 is the bad thing! WTF! We exhale CO2.... Now they (the government) want to impose a tax to reduce CO2 emissions. Now we'll get taxed for the air we breath?

It's all about the money! The taxes will go to other countries, distributed through the UN. Also Al Gore is a major owner in the "Carbon Off-set Credits" program:wondering . Push a book and make a movie about a polar bear and then magically have the answer for the problem.

The air is cleaner today than 30 years ago in the US. If everyone wants clears air get India and China to clean up and reduce emissions. I'm not willing to sacrifice ANYTHING from my way of living when there are 5.5 billion other people outside the US that don't play by the same rules.

I'll walk over all of them to keep my way of life, besides the air should be cleaner a little higher up!:lol:

84honda200s
06-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Not so sure I believe in the whole global warming thing myself...but it all really depeneds where you are. When I see the weather I notice places that are typically warm are a bit cooler and places that are usually tolerable this time of the near (north east) is hotter then all hell. Noticed similar things in the winter. North east (atleast not in PA where I live) doesnt get hit as hard anymore but other places get pounded constantly

your telling me man. im in western ny and last fri. it got up to 90 in the shade where i live. i wish i lived near the lake but i dont so now i get to but up with the heat instead of the nice breeze coming off the lake.

Tri-Z 250
06-11-2008, 01:51 PM
The Smokey Mountians....ever wonder why the name rings true? Pine trees give off more pollutants than a Mack Truck over a life time. They clean 0% fo the air and give off no O2. You thought it was the Coal burning under ground...not the case. So the next time some one hands you a pine tree for Earth Day. Snap the sapling in two and tell them to get a real education.

Tecate250
06-11-2008, 02:03 PM
You know the problem with global warming. The ice cap is melting. How do you fix this? Ill tell you. Lots of jobs here will be made. BUILD 3 huge osmosis machine and fit 2 of them with "snowmakers. Put those 2 in the artic and anartic and start drainning the oceans. The last on put in africa and shut those people up about clean safe drinking water. make the desert into lakes. Ity will take awhile but you wil see the difference the first day I think.

firehart
06-11-2008, 02:33 PM
We got snow up in the high country here in Idaho last night too. Down in the valley it just rained.

factoryX
06-12-2008, 05:01 AM
idk, But this winter sucked, it was cold as hell, it stayed around 40-26 degrees, and it snowed once, tipical portland oregon winter, but it was not normal... I am laughing at the idea of the another ice age, al gore giving a speach about global warming in washington middle of july and it being 30 degrees and snowing outside...

400exguy
06-12-2008, 12:47 PM
I dont remember if i saw it on here or a different site or what but somone had some really good logic. Even though the melting of ice caps is bad...do a project. Take a glass of water fill it up put some ice cubes in it. When the ymelt the water wont over flow or if it does only a little. I dont think the world will be flooded like they say. Not sure if its true or not but it makes sense to me

factoryX
06-12-2008, 10:19 PM
they are not melting!!! in the northern hemasphere.... sure it may be melting a little, but they make it out to be the end of the world....