PDA

View Full Version : Smith Road Raceway - Medina, Ohio.. July 4th

Derrick Adams
06-17-2008, 10:37 AM
The next big 3 wheeler race will be held on Independance day at Smith Road Raceway. Do a search and look at all the action! Gates open at 6am and practice starts at 8am sharp!

This is an old school MX track with no real jumps (you wont kill yourself) so dont be afraid to come out and enjoy the fun!

atctim
06-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Giddy Up - I'll see all you trike heads there!

Kintore
06-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Werd to that brother, booked off work today!

Louis Mielke
06-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Oh me and my orange monster will be there. Gonna get some tweakin done by then too. Can't wait!

seadoo650
06-17-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm in there like swim wear. 250r's apart and found it needs some new rings and a piston. No carnage. Just wore. I ride the hell outta this thing ya know. I'll be ready by the 4th.

ditchmud
06-20-2008, 12:31 AM
we ran into some problems during the mx at trikefest. we had the wrong tires (spider tracs) and my son couldn't turn well. what do you recommend he runs at this place?

Derrick Adams
06-20-2008, 10:38 AM
We generally try to run a set of 18" tires on the rear. Turf Tamers are the most popular and cheapest to get. Anything in that size will work, but try to stay away from Holeshot style tires. They simply grip too much for a trike when turning.

Fast Trekkers are the best (in my opinion) but they are no longer made, so you have to get lucky on ebay to get a set.

Also, don't over look lawnmower tires in 18". Alot of times those can be bought used for next to nothing and work GREAT on most trikes (350X, 200X, 250R).

SEE YOU THERE! Get ready for the most fun you've ever had!

keister
06-20-2008, 11:43 AM
I was recently eyeing up my neighbor's riding mower tires. He may come home find it up on blocks prior to the Labor Day race.

ditchmud
06-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Is there a web site for this track? I did a websearch and didn't really come up with anything by the track. I am looking to see what other classes will be running that day to see if we can maybe race the quads also. Also would like to know track rules like do you need a tether kill switch or what type of safety equiptment is required. Thanks Rich

keister
06-26-2008, 12:50 PM
I don't know about a web site, the place is pretty old school.
They have many different classes of quads racing there too.
I think there were 28 classes on Memorial Day (mostly bikes, many quad classes, pitbikes, vintage bikes, trikes...)
Tethers are required.