PDA

View Full Version : NY decides to give back the money they stole!!!

scooterroo
06-18-2008, 04:31 PM
saw it on the news a few minutes ago. the state will be reimbursing the state snowmobile fund for the funds they took when they werent supposed to. the funds that help groom the trails and such. well while watching this broadcast on capital news 9 they interviewed some guy that sells polaris's, and he was talking about how the state makes you (the citizen's and purchasers) pay tax on them when you buy them, also the make you spend cash to register them and also you have to insure them. which all these funds that you pay out, are supposed to go to this fund to help pay for developement and care taking of the ny state trail system. i kinda got a bit peeved about it, becasue us atv'ers and trikers have to pay the same exact fees, and yet there is no state wide trail system here in ny for us atver's. we have to pay the taxes when registering, we have to have them insured. whhen winter comes, the snowmobile trails are off limits to atv, or better yet, the signs say any and all wheeled vehicles. what a crock of sh!t. why should us atvers have to pay these taxes, which goes into the snowmobile trailsystem fund, and not be able to a.) ride the trails, and b.) have designated riding parks. you can go upto tug hill, sure, but i dont feel like driving three hours one way to go riding for a few hours. and the first time i go off my property and ride on trails around here, i get the cops at my door wanting to harrass my *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* cuz i'm destroying the land and my bike is to loud!!! god i am getting so sick of new york state.

hrc200x
06-18-2008, 11:33 PM
If your thinking of moving don't come to Minnesota, its the exact same way, maybe a bit worse. The snowmobile funds have doubled recently, not only do we need a registration, but also need what they call a trail sticker so we can ride the state trail. What exactly was the registration covering? There is also a 100 mile paved bike trail complete with big bridges along the whole shore of Lake superior. I have a suspicion that the sled fees are helping pay for that. TO make matters worse you still see bikers riding on the 1 foot wide shoulder of the road when a brand new bike path is 30 feet away.

brapp
06-18-2008, 11:52 PM
hey scooteroo come on down and lete ride for a weekend check otu the pennsyltucky thread in the rides section

tbirdscott
06-21-2008, 01:09 PM
No funds, no registration, no trail passes, just gotta pay for gas and I can ride wherever, whenever. :)

Too bad the B.C. government is making it the worst province to live in though...

Scott