PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki LT80 Clutch Help

kdagenais
06-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Hello,
I am working on a Suzuki LT80 and have a clutch problem. It doesn't have any stall at all from a dead stop and causes the engine to be overloaded at first. Not sure which clutch is the culpirt and what to look for once it is identified. Any help will be appreciated.

smokinwrench
06-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Remove the front clutch, I'm sure you have rollers that have turned sideways causing the problem. If you want some awesome performance only install 4 rollers when you put it back together.

blue27
06-21-2008, 09:36 PM
On mine the front rollers wwere worn into a square,lol. Replace them like wrench said and only 4 will engage faster that way.

kdagenais
06-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Remove the front clutch, I'm sure you have rollers that have turned sideways causing the problem. If you want some awesome performance only install 4 rollers when you put it back together.

Thank you! That is exactly the info I was looking for. Hopefully this will fix it!

kdagenais
06-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Well that was the problem for sure. What a difference that makes and hopefully they don't get turned again anytime soon. Also went with the 4 rollers as mentioned but with me on it (190lbs) it kinda seems like it slips a little. Will let it ride for a while and see how it does. Anyway Thank you for the help@