PDA

View Full Version : It's nice to be back home............

Dirtcrasher
06-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Well, it's been a few days since I got home from TF08. And it was AWESOME and well worth the trip :w00t: But I must say that it's so nice to just be able to tinker again. That 200X project suked the life out of me for about 4 weeks. Every day I had to plan, make phone calls, beg, borrow and work crazy hours. It landed me in the hospital and I forgot quite a few crucial items to bring with me to TF08. The dam paint on the header was drying as my ride picked me up and they weren't happy that we left at 8PM instead of 6PM. Honestly though - FK EM!! These are guys I built motors for, machined parts, changed tires and welded crap for them too for free. Each time I wanted to give up on my build I would just reread the thread and see how far I got and how fast and it drove me more. I'll say it again that without DEEPA, it just would not have happened PERIOD! He's just one example of people on this board that turned out to be an awesome friend and riding together was just a bonus. I'm excited to build his 250R motor and get my hands into his Z's and the new Tecate - All machines I've never touched in my lifetime!!

Now, the 350X (which is very nice) looks like a piece of junk compared to the 86 200X :lol: . Which, of course will force me to powder coat that whole thing too. I do have spare powerplants that I can "expirement" with also so I hope to get started on that soon

I have to buy a crap load of jets and some race gas for the 200X and get that extra base gasket out of there, it didn't do crap but screw up the jetting so off it goes. Hopefully I can find race gas locally, Garageboy said I can buy 5G's on line and have it shipped, sounds crazyto me? If it weren't for him, I would have had a powerless 200X. I'm kinda glad the rain screwed up the drags because I was only at about 75% power with the jetting I had in there after hours and hours of messing around. I just wanted to RIDE! but I really wanted to get the 200X flying :naughty:

Anyhow, it's sooooo nice to get back home, be done with that crazy insane build, take my time and plan the next step with both machines.

How about you guys? Any projects or tuning your up to? It's so much better to take your time, but I'm happy to say that the cr5azy 200X 20 day build exceeded my expectations :cool: :beer :D

THREEWHEELERS RULE!!

honda250sx
06-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Now that your settled in I will start shipping broken CHIT to you. It's nice to have board member bro's to help you out :)

j/k on broken chit just slightly f'd up chit instead.

wait til we order the supertrapp goodness. You will be drueling for that box to come in the mail. I will update after the check comes in and the order is placed!!

J.D.
06-22-2008, 03:57 AM
Yeah dude your 200X was SWEET! Gotta say it was a pleasure meeting you too man, you gonna be there next year???

brrcuda
06-22-2008, 09:16 AM
There are two gas stations at the border of NH and MA that have race gas, where i used to get mine. It was $6/gallon last time i was there. CAM2 110. Look Haffner's Gas Station on the net for directions. One in haverhill and another in hudson......

Dont restore the 350x - you need that to ride this summer.......

Dirtcrasher
06-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Yeah dude your 200X was SWEET! Gotta say it was a pleasure meeting you too man, you gonna be there next year???

Thanks Goku!! And thanks so much for getting our stuff out of that hole! Still took me 4 hours to get out the rest of it but without your awesome truck, I was screwed :beer

There are two gas stations at the border of NH and MA that have race gas, where i used to get mine. It was $6/gallon last time i was there. CAM2 110. Look Haffner's Gas Station on the net for directions. One in haverhill and another in hudson......

Dont restore the 350x - you need that to ride this summer.......

Thanks bud, I guess I just have to shop around. I'm 5 miles from an MX track but they want 10$ just to let me in to BUY gas :rolleyes:

I'm putting the Barnett clutch in the 350X today and fixing the shift shaft. I may pop on the 400EX carb too. Don't worry, I won't entirely disassemble it just let :lol: I do have another frame and crate motor too though... Oh yeah, and an axle, 450R swinger and................... I better get crackin!!

I went on a nice night ride last nite, it was beautiful out!! Then something fell apart in the ass end so I headed home :naughty:

tanks350x
06-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Hey DC, there is a gas station not very far from me, Columbus Oil in Swansea Ma. They sell Cam 2, My neighbor works there, I'll find out what it costs per gal. If you want, I'll pick some up for the 12th?