PDA

View Full Version : Found my stolen Honda Pilot!!!

Twilight
06-24-2008, 02:04 AM
This is BS, i e-mailed the seller and he told me he has had it for a year, and the guy before him had it for 3 years... well thats when mine was stolen. So I asked him about the long travel front and said "is that a custom LT front?, he said it was and he has no info on it. So I asked if it was made using pieces from a VW suspension and of course it is! So my final question is if the white frame was spray bombed and had a lot of overspray under the left front fender, and what a surprise there is -_-;

So after that and pointing out every upgrade and even some bad welds I did on the suspension, what does the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* do?!? HE SELLS IT! Says it was legally his to sell, and he wouldnt even give me the new owners e-mail!

****! Thats the most BS I have ever heard in my life, it was stolen when I had it at my dads farm in Iowa, and now I finally find it again and the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* doesnt even bother to ask me for a chance to buy it!

Im contemplating to see if anyone can go out there and just get the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* thing back for me....

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/rvs/707704202.html

Nick_R_23
06-24-2008, 02:23 AM
Print that ad out and show it to the cops. That ad has the guys phone # in it, and those pics and the entire ad right there is PROOF that he had YOUR stolen property. Show up on his front door with the police and have him give you the guys address/phone # who bought it. From there you should be able to get it back, but make sure that you can prove it was yours and it was stolen. Good luck!!

BTW you can tell him it wasnt legally his to sell, technically he was in posession of stolen property and that can land him in jail.

-Nick :TrikesOwn

Twilight
06-24-2008, 02:30 AM
Only problem I see with that, is the VIN is scratched out in the pic he sent me, thats the only thing that linked it to me. Plus I live in Washington state now.

Maybe when my dad gets done with all the flood crap in Cedar Rapids, he can go up there.

Nick_R_23
06-24-2008, 03:19 AM
Whatever you do, just make sure you have a hard copy of that ad. Is the vin scratched out just in the pic or on the machine itself? If its on the machine, theres a trick, using acid I believe, to 'raise' the vin so you can read it again, Ive seen it done with handguns that have the vin filed off.

scooterroo
06-24-2008, 08:50 AM
you gotta laugh at how he says- steal it for 4500 , lol. come on now, thats funny!!!

brapp
06-24-2008, 10:10 AM
how can you stel a polot those thigns weigh a ton!!!!!

Brockey
06-24-2008, 10:24 AM
I guess if your deaf and blind and drunk and not home it could be robbed. :P
Sorry to hear your bad luck bud, I hope you gets it back.

Tecate250
06-24-2008, 10:36 AM
If the vin # is removed it is now stolen property. Was it regestered in your name or someone you know? If not you are #$%^ out of luck. If you have no record of owning it, you are screwed.

ugly200x
06-24-2008, 02:32 PM
the VIN is located on a few different places on honda made cars...we own 4

Twilight
06-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Ìts located on the back bar on a Pilot ATV, it is registered in my dads name in Cedar Rapids IA and before that was a Jeremy Camp in Ohio.

Called my dad, he called the cops up there and now we are waiting on that, they said unless the guy had it registered in his state, it should be my dads again, but if he had it registered, its out of there hands!?

I also called my friend and he told me he will steal it back for me if I really want it that bad.

I have another Pilot now, but still... its the damn principal of the matter!

brapp
06-24-2008, 09:11 PM
it just sucks hardcore

84honda200s
06-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Ėts located on the back bar on a Pilot ATV, it is registered in my dads name in Cedar Rapids IA and before that was a Jeremy Camp in Ohio.

Called my dad, he called the cops up there and now we are waiting on that, they said unless the guy had it registered in his state, it should be my dads again, but if he had it registered, its out of there hands!?

I also called my friend and he told me he will steal it back for me if I really want it that bad.

I have another Pilot now, but still... its the damn principal of the matter!

dude you ment he wont steel it back for ya ;) !!! dont go advertising he will when he said he wont. it might get him in deep crap if it comes up missing and you said on the net here that he said he would steel it when you met he wouldnt .

Twilight
06-24-2008, 10:52 PM
got the call, a police officer checked the VIN and did use something to uncover part of it, got my last 3 numbers that I gave and the first 4 that my dad gave him. Right now its looking good, BUT he does have registration... the officer said that it may take 1-3 years to get my pilot into my hands and could be a court battle.... ugh.

damn legal stuff.

Nick_R_23
06-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Sounds like its at least going in your favor so far. Not many people get a chance to get their stolen stuff back!!

Twilight
06-24-2008, 11:55 PM
A lot of my pilot-odyssey buddies are e-mailing in photos and links to when I posted it was stolen and pics of it, the officer called me a few minutes ago and told me this is all great evidence and its making it more than obvious its mine.

I listed every missing piece, every spray painted part, the decals that are missing, the leak in the exhaust port, the hole for my tachometer and how the wrist restraints are dog collars that I modded. Also was able to point out the broken fin on the very bottom of the cylinder.

Luckily nothing was changed on my ghetto pilot!

Eric250R
06-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Hope you get it back man, and I would seriously look into having the guy charged with recieving stolen property just because he was a dick about it. But, if you told him it was stolen, and he KNEW it was stolen, then sold it anyway, you could get him in some deep *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*.

petesatc
06-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Man i'd take a drive or flight up there and kick his head off ...

cody2
06-25-2008, 05:06 PM
you gotta laugh at how he says- steal it for 4500 , lol. come on now, thats funny!!!

I was just laughing at that, but really assholes like that sicken me. I think you should track down the s.o.b. and break his legs so he will never think of stealing anything off you again.

Twilight
07-06-2008, 10:33 PM
I cant believe this, but it has been with about 4 different owners and despite the VIN being scratched mostly off, me knowing every little detail and having the original title, they cannot return it to me because the VIN isnt on the machine and because of that it cannot be proven that it was once my machine. Im really ****ing pissed about this crap.

Jim mac
07-06-2008, 10:38 PM
isnt there a serial number on the motor? do you have a pic of that? at least they can match the motor to you. jim

Billy Golightly
07-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Isn't it reposessable with a tampered vin? And you filed a stolen vehicle report? And you identified it? That sounds crappy...I'd maybe see a lawyer.

Nuke Em
07-06-2008, 11:44 PM
The engines and trannys both have serial numbers. Twilight, did you have them written down or have pictures of them?

Also, did you want me to try a third time to mail those HRD clutch weights to you or have a different address to try?

Gary

Twilight
07-07-2008, 12:32 AM
Hey Gary, didnt know you were here also! I never did write down the engine number and never knew there was on the trans. I did have it filed as stolen but I guess in MN it doesnt matter because they cant read the VIN *rolls eyes*.

I was able to tell the officer of my "quick fix"of an oil leak with Red silicone thats still there, but supposedly "anyone could have known of these aspects through pictures and seeing the vehicle in person or having someone look at it for me"

I am hoping I can go more into it and get them to look at the bottom end, on the bottom of the case where the cylinder hooks up to the bottom end it has RMC engraved on it from the last guys that looked at it, I still have the receipt from them and the guy remembers my pilot very well.

Here hoping!!

tbirdscott
07-07-2008, 01:02 AM
Keep on trying buddy!

You have more patience than me. I'd be road tripping with some big buddies and a trailer if it were mine.

Scott

LonesomeTriZ
07-07-2008, 02:31 AM
Keep on trying buddy!

You have more patience than me. I'd be road tripping with some big buddies and a trailer if it were mine.

Scott

Amen. :twisted:

Twilight
07-07-2008, 02:34 AM
I have a backup plan... no worries there =)

Brockey
07-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Well dont wait too long for your backup plan, it could be gone again. First get a lawyer and see what they say. Otherwise I'd be going with my friends and taking back what is mine.

dizasterzrfun69
07-07-2008, 06:52 PM
an engraver and your name on the case somewhere can help out too.... it's not a bad habit to get into either.

Hope ya get it back.

Billy Golightly
07-07-2008, 09:43 PM
an engraver and your name on the case somewhere can help out too.... it's not a bad habit to get into either.

Hope ya get it back.

Yes...I reccomend everybody do this, and in multiple hidden locations with varying types of identification info, such as last name, phone #s, Last 4 of social security #s, etc. etc. etc. Let all of them be in different places and ALL be different numbers or whatever.