PDA

View Full Version : My Bad Boy AIRBOAT ,why I've been away from my ATC's

mikeftlaud
06-29-2008, 12:18 AM
This is why I have been away from the ATC's for a while. This is what I do. This is what I built for a show boat. It is 12' long by 8' wide. The motor is a 540 cubic inch supercharged 6 cylinder Lycoming aircraft engine. It produces about 400hp. It has a 125hp shot of nitrous on it also. Custom paint with gold leaf stripes. The cylinder heads have been polished and diamond cut like the top motorcycles are done. The propeller is a carbon fiber 3 blade. This boat is what the others measure up to..... Look closely at the fur on the close up of the wolf head on the deck. See any ladies???????? There are ladies hidden in every corner of this boat.

Xowner
06-29-2008, 12:22 AM
better pics of the engine!

mikeftlaud
06-29-2008, 12:33 AM
How's this

ATC-Eric
06-29-2008, 12:53 AM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: That is pure TITS!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Good for you man, that thing is awesome!

tanks350x
06-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Nice boat!,, I was very suprised to see that it runs on a Holly 4bbl carb.. never would've thought that at all:wondering

WLL
06-29-2008, 10:03 PM
very very nice!!!

Dirtcrasher
06-30-2008, 12:20 AM
That thing is pure NASTINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SYKO
06-30-2008, 12:48 AM
omg.... I puked alittle.....that thing is SIC!

Kilborg
06-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Not a bad tradeoff in hobbies mike.... those lycoming motors (aircraft motors in general really) are definently cool. Some real nice work on the paint too. Any specs you can drop on this thing...weight, cruising speed, etc?

mikeftlaud
07-04-2008, 07:08 PM
The hull is built from .100 thick 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum. The decks are .063 2024-T3. It has a 28 gallon fuel tank. The seat and engine cage are made from EMT conduit. All guages are Livorsi Marine with Tach,oil press,oil temp,volt, and GPS Speedometer. Seats are custom upholstered with a wolf logo stitched in. The cage is all powdercoated with a hammer tone finish. The paint work was done by my friend Chris"Bones" Tolsen who is the painted for Eddie Trotta's Thunder Cycle Designs in Fort Lauderdale. He won painter of the year for the winning bike on the Biker Build Off show on TV. The paint has several wolf murals with naked ladies hidden in the fur. The paint also has true verigated gold leaf tribal designs as well as the FL numbers and Lone Wolf name. The gold leaf squares are 4"x4" so it took a lot to do this boat. The motor is 380hp in it's stock form, but who leaves them stock. I am guessing it is about 425hp. I had all the complete rotating assembly balanced including the crank,rods,pistons,piston pins and caps and flywheel. I put a little higher compression piston that has been ceramic coated on the top and moly coated on the sides. That is better for the Ntrous, which is now a 125 shot but is adjustable up to 250. It does not need 250, or even the 125 for that fact. The nitrious bottle hangs below the drivers foot platform. I put the aluminum side panels on the cage to hide the bottle and oil tank. You can just see the bottom of the bottle hanging below the panels. the panals are also another spot to paint a wolf. The supercharger is ratioed to make more boost than normal. The propeller is a Sensenich 72" 3 blade carbon fiber high speed type. The boat probably weighs 1000 - 1200 pounds. As far as top sped I dont know. I have gotten it to 94 on GPS and that took a little bit of balls. It will go faster but I watched my best friend blow one over and kill himself so that is always in my thoughts as I run at high speeds. The front grass rakes are usually full aluminum skin to push the grass down. I built this one from aluminum tube and kept it open to reduce lift. I built it so I could put the aluminum side panals on to give it the look of a solid rake and to be able to continue the paint theme. I came up with the name of Lone Wolf because I usually just take off by myself and I knew this boat would lead the pack when there are others around. I build these for a living and this one was built to show off what I can do.

J.D.
07-04-2008, 09:50 PM
That thing is bad ass!! Looks like you have a fun job!

The Goat
07-10-2008, 06:00 AM
nothing scarier than being on an airboat at speed...even a 350 small block is scary, but you...that just sick. insane.