PDA

View Full Version : ATV's banned in S.Fla heres the newspaper article

mikeftlaud
06-29-2008, 01:39 AM
This is the front page of our newspaper. This was the last riding area around. They have shut down every other spot. As of July 1'st all we can do is keep them in the garage or travel to one of the "mudhole parks" which do not allow 3 wheelers. Or drive 4 hours to the ocala national forest or Croom ATV Park. The penalty for riding in this 700,000 acre area is $61.00 for the first offense and second time is a $500.00 fine and up to 60 days in jail or both..BEND OVER WHILE THEY STICK IT IN AND BREAK IT OFF. Now the bikes I seldom ride have become the bikes I can't ride. I guess they should go on eBay and use the money to buy a street bike so I can go out on the highway and get killed by some old fart in a Cadilliac.

Erics350x
06-29-2008, 09:09 AM
from what i heard, you wont be goin to Ocala either

LonesomeTriZ
06-29-2008, 09:36 AM
There are still places to go in Ocala, but they are on the other side of the state. Every time I consider moving back to Florida, something like this reminds me of one of the reasons I left.

atctim
06-29-2008, 11:18 AM
ATVers in FLA to need to come together and lobby for some riding areas. That is BS man - totally sux bad. Tree hugging A-Holes need to get a hobby!

firehart
06-29-2008, 11:39 AM
You are welcome to out here to Idaho. We have hundreds of miles of trails only 20 miles from my house.

Dirtcrasher
06-29-2008, 01:00 PM
What bothers me the most is - what about the kids? Not us adults still trying to be kids, but the actual youth.

WTF do they want them to do at this point? The towns never seem to have enough money for sports, or band, or automotive or any other friggin programs. So, they have Sunday with mom and dad to do something every single kid loves to do - ride ATV's!

It's all a bunch of BS, happens up here too. The day will come that there is little or no riding anywhere and hopefully I'll be dead by then........

Sorry to hear about your situation.......

SYKO
06-29-2008, 01:28 PM
ATVers in FLA to need to come together and lobby for some riding areas. That is BS man - totally sux bad. Tree hugging A-Holes need to get a hobby!

they did and it was a terrible mess! what made things worse was the lack of news response to the whole event, and on top of that they were holding a event to promote off road vehicles and I was told I couldnt bring my trike even through the gates! (F! the insurace!) Im from out of state and even was going to make the treck to show my suport, FL can get F'ed for all I care! croom is expensive, ocala is fine and rule crazy and there isnt really anywhere else to ride, unless you want to pick up a rich geriatric b!tch and ride her! cuz thats all FL is becoming!

Brockey
06-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Well guys, that suxs. I guess those tree hungers wins another one. Oh and wait, you say what about the kids. Well the government must have some profits off crack because thats the route they are pushing them all too.
Instead of party all the time growing up, I would buy bike parts and gas to go riding.
But I guess the best I could do for my kids is sell my bikes and become a drug dealer so my kids will have the inside scoop. I guess I'll have to discuss in private how much of my profit the government wants.

LonesomeTriZ
06-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Yeah I remeber that "big" event. It did nothing.

SYKO
06-30-2008, 01:12 AM
fl sucks! you got to pay a million freaking dollars a year to register your machine to ride on near non existant riding areas! GA works out better for me!

LonesomeTriZ
06-30-2008, 02:53 AM
GA has its own issues as well. But at least there are not a bunch of liberal yankees moving there making it worse.

firehart
06-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Our group of riders in constantly doing volunteer work for the local governments to try to stay on their good side. But it only takes a few
a--holes who litter and tear up stuff to ruin in for everyone.

scooterroo
06-30-2008, 11:41 AM
florida sucks, another reason i am glad i moved from there. but new york is just as bad if not worse!!!

SYKO
06-30-2008, 12:09 PM
GA has its own issues as well. But at least there are not a bunch of liberal yankees moving there making it worse.

the only problem with GA is the lack of riding areas, most are up in the northern parts of the state, but as you know louis, its getting better down here, we got trike freindly parks to ride in and freindly land owners that let us ride as well, no registering fees for out machines and cheap riding fees where we ride, not to bad in my book.

Dammit!
06-30-2008, 12:17 PM
All I can say is, head West young man! Head west!

undeadanger
06-30-2008, 12:22 PM
i love liven in my woods in mississippi , i own about 100 arcers of land and can ride some 500 arcers of land that GP has next to me . sounds like to me some folks in fl need to get a big stick and start whiping some azz down there ,

LonesomeTriZ
06-30-2008, 12:50 PM
One of the big problems in Florida was the shift to democrat representatives. Too bad ole Jebb left office. I remember when Florida was far from a liberal state. But now you would be hard pressed to find true Floridians down there. Most of us moved away because we were being pushed out. These northerners move down and change things to the way they feel it should be done instead of leaving our way of life alone. I know a lot of you northerners are not liberal, so do not take this the wrong way. I am telling you what I experience and witnessed first hand.

Mr. Clean
07-02-2008, 05:13 PM
All I can say is, head West young man! Head west!

This BS is the REASON I moved to AZ...

elcamino12sec
07-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Im in Florida, send me a petition and I will sign it.

SYKO
07-02-2008, 11:09 PM
no amount of petition will ever do any good in fl

Dammit!
07-02-2008, 11:46 PM
This BS is the REASON I moved to AZ...

I just lol'd at your location. :lol: Nice. :beer

LonesomeTriZ
07-03-2008, 12:58 AM
no amount of petition will ever do any good in fl

Man you hit that one dead on. No amount of fighting back will do anything. The riders are simply out numbered.

Tres Amigo
07-03-2008, 02:57 PM
The Liberals are surrounding us as well.

Banage
07-03-2008, 04:37 PM
I hate to say this, for fear of stepping on toes, but its MY OPINION. all the guys and gals, who are out to see how much mud they can spary, and be the first person to lay tracks on that guys yard he never looks at has caused this. I love to ride, I love to ride fast. But im not going to destroy anyones yard for my own excitment. The closest place I have to ride is over an hour away. In May they shut down the place I had, with miles of riding trails, ONE BLOCK AWAY. The point, there is a place for destroying land. Please dont do it unless its yours. We are losing every place we have to ride.

WLL
07-03-2008, 05:37 PM
well that sux fer florida, soon they gonna ban anyone under 65.

LonesomeTriZ
07-04-2008, 12:56 AM
I hate to say this, for fear of stepping on toes, but its MY OPINION. all the guys and gals, who are out to see how much mud they can spary, and be the first person to lay tracks on that guys yard he never looks at has caused this. I love to ride, I love to ride fast. But im not going to destroy anyones yard for my own excitment. The closest place I have to ride is over an hour away. In May they shut down the place I had, with miles of riding trails, ONE BLOCK AWAY. The point, there is a place for destroying land. Please dont do it unless its yours. We are losing every place we have to ride.

I seriously doubt there are many here that are like that. I know what you are saying and I agree. But with a few exceptions every one here is respectful and WANT to see riders portrayed in a good light. The prick young punk kids that caused the negative stereo type we all suffer from will just move on to a different destructive hobby once ATVs are really banned. :mad: