PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used HHO for your car?

Macs
06-30-2008, 04:05 PM
I have been reading some websites about installing HHO on my car. It seems like it would work. I have seen reports of up to 71% increase in fuel economy. Most people getting between 30% and 50%. Supposedly the kits are really easy to make. I thought it was just a gimick until i saw 2 coomercials over the weekend about new cars comming out with HHO installed. So that makes me think that it is real and that it works. I dont know anyone that has one of these kits so i have no way of getting an honest answer if it works.

Tri-ZNate
06-30-2008, 05:44 PM
yep it works. we did it to our VW jetta and saw 40% increase. With a diesel you'll see a larger jump since it will burn more of the HHO than with a gasser

Macs
07-01-2008, 10:51 AM
did you build your on kit or did you buy one? I was looking at building my own, but for $100 i am kinda leary. One of those, cant see until you buy deals.

Dammit!
07-01-2008, 11:12 AM
I never even heard about this until just now. I think I want one. :D

Macs
07-01-2008, 01:08 PM
info is really hard to find but it is a good concept. Will someone be willing to split the instructions with me?

Dammit!
07-01-2008, 01:12 PM
There has to be a reputable site out there that has put this to the test. I'm not wasting any time or money on it until I can get some verification from a reliable source. Only thing I've found so far are sites that are selling the manuals. Can't take their word for it.

SYKO
07-01-2008, 01:13 PM
wtf are we talking about?

undeadanger
07-01-2008, 01:18 PM
yes pls explain it to the redneck over here or post a link lol

ATC-Eric
07-01-2008, 02:35 PM
3rds, Im lost.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n73/ericbs200/thread%20bombs/niethan.jpg

3Razors
07-01-2008, 05:23 PM
I have been studying this for a few months now. Actually had another thread on the open forum but didnt have many replys. Dont bother buying those manuals on the net, waste of money. Get or make a generator that uses pvc and 304 stainless plates NOT bolts, wire, mason jars, ect. On ebay there is some pretty good ones forsale. On a 96 or newer vehicle you will need a map sensor controler and 1 or 2 o2 sensor extenders. On my 2.3 liter Ford Ranger I was getting 25mpg but and now getting 37 so I'm pretty happy with the results. Very limited gains are found on big v8's though from what I've seen. Get/make a generator that will produce at least 1 liter of HHO per minute.

ATC-Eric
07-01-2008, 06:24 PM
I have been studying this for a few months now. Actually had another thread on the open forum but didnt have many replys. Dont bother buying those manuals on the net, waste of money. Get or make a generator that uses pvc and 304 stainless plates NOT bolts, wire, mason jars, ect. On ebay there is some pretty good ones forsale. On a 96 or newer vehicle you will need a map sensor controler and 1 or 2 o2 sensor extenders. On my 2.3 liter Ford Ranger I was getting 25mpg but and now getting 37 so I'm pretty happy with the results. Very limited gains are found on big v8's though from what I've seen. Get/make a generator that will produce at least 1 liter of HHO per minute.

Hey thanks for clearin that up :confused: :wondering

Dammit!
07-01-2008, 07:22 PM
http://www.wptv.com/content/specialreports/story.aspx?content_id=74b15465-2ebb-49e0-acb1-939c4bb13a28

You know you guys could just google "HHO" and all your questions would be answered. ;)

Here's a How-To I found.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2262517_hho-brown-s-gas-electrolyser.html

SYKO
07-01-2008, 09:11 PM
you know what? screw you dammit!! and your google master mind! lol!! werd!

300rman
07-02-2008, 12:13 AM
yep it works. we did it to our VW jetta and saw 40% increase. With a diesel you'll see a larger jump since it will burn more of the HHO than with a gasser

where did you get the instructions/kit??????? easy/hard?

LonesomeTriZ
07-02-2008, 12:41 AM
This same subject has also been debated an a deisel forum I am a member on. From what I have read so far not many guys have had much luck getting it to work on diesel powered trucks. But then again they are bigger and may work differently than a Jetta or small gas engine.

300rman
07-02-2008, 01:07 AM
well, i just placed a bid on one of the 300 dollar complete kits that comes with a MAF sensor tweaker and everything else ill need. it is a 19 plate model, that is claimed to produce around 2 liters per minute.

so if i win, i will be installing, and i will let all know my results!

pickleweasel_00
07-02-2008, 01:41 AM
let us know, and how about a link :beer

LonesomeTriZ
07-02-2008, 05:02 AM
Thanks for being the guinea pig, er I mean trying it out.

undeadanger
07-02-2008, 08:11 AM
from what i have read from the google search provided by Dammit it seems easy to make but i would have to see it work first hand to belive it would give that much of a gain in fuel mpg i may be just in the dark on this .

300rman
07-02-2008, 11:40 AM
well, all the plans i have seen, you need access to machine shop equipment to make a few of the components.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150265872313&rd=1

comes with everything needed, including the MAF mod, so we'll will see soon enough.

i mean, whats 300 bucks? right now, its 3-4 tanks of gas for me.

LonesomeTriZ
07-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Well, it certainly looks home made. It reminds me of the “time machine” from Napoleon Dynamite.

undeadanger
07-02-2008, 03:22 PM
if it works as good as they say i might put one on my honda goldwing ,,,,,

Trikeaholic
07-03-2008, 10:15 AM
I really want to try this too. Please give an update when you do it.

Tri-ZNate
07-03-2008, 10:34 AM
If you want a step by step process watch and study this guys videos. Go to the oldest ones since they are when he was making his reactor.

http://youtube.com/user/ZeroFossilFuel

This same subject has also been debated an a deisel forum I am a member on. From what I have read so far not many guys have had much luck getting it to work on diesel powered trucks. But then again they are bigger and may work differently than a Jetta or small gas engine.

They probably need a much larger reactor to see the same results, you figure our jetta is a 1.6l and the reactor only holds maybe 1/2 gallon of water. Now step that up to a 7.3l and you'll need some more HHO obviously. IF you get 40% on a 12mpg truck its a 4.8mpg increase, on a 40mpg Jetta diesel 40% equates to a 16 mpg increase.

Macs
07-08-2008, 10:23 AM
i have started building my hho system. I was going to install it in my work car, but i am really having a hard time finding a place to fit it. So i think i will install it on my wifes expo and start driving it to work. One thing i have found about building one of these kits, is that most supply houses has a minium order. I was going to build a 6 cell system. I ordered all of the parts online that i couldnt pick up locally. I only needed to buy like $18 worth of parts. But because of the minium order and shipping charges it has cost about $120. So i have enough parts now to build 3 map enhancers and 27 1/2 cells. I think i could have found all of this stuff locally but it would have taken alot of effort and time.

J.D.
07-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Ok they keep talking about MAP sensor, what about MAF sensor?? I'm pretty sure my truck doesn't work off the MAP unless my MAF goes out, so what good would it do for me to tweak my MAP if the system is working normally??? I've got a 2000 Chevy Silverado 5.3. Anybody installed these kits on one of these Chevys?

Macs
07-09-2008, 09:12 AM
you should have a MAP sensor. You can enhance this and everything will fall into line. You are definatley lucky. I have a 2008 altima and 2006 expedition. Both of the use only Digital MAF sensor. It looks like i am screwed. To make it work i am going to have to spend an extra couple of hundred per vehicle and get only miniamal results. So if you have a digital MAF and thats it, at this time it isnt worth it. Until someone comes out with a solution. I am pretty electrcialy inclined so i am going to go ahead and do it. Maybe i could find the answer

Trikeaholic
07-09-2008, 09:40 AM
i want to do something for my camper 86 4v 460 ford. It needs it!!

Macs
07-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Does it have a carb or is it fuel injected? Either way this system will work very well on it. Let me know, i can build you a kit for the price of parts and shipping.

scooterroo
07-09-2008, 09:00 PM
wasnt this just tested on myth busters and the final result being busted?

Macs
07-09-2008, 09:33 PM
yes it was but they didnt do it properly. you cant just hook up a hho generator and run it. on carb cars you have to rejet, on efi you have to install enhancers otherwise you will either have little gains or negetive gains. If it doesnt work then why is bmw coming out with an hho car? this system is still experimental as far as the layman use but everyday it comes a little further. before i bought into it i had many lenghty discussions with numerous average joes that have installed this. about 10% didnt see any gains. most of them didnt use an enhancer or used the wrong one. 90% got a result. 1/4 of them were under 10% increase but was still adjusting and fooling with it. 1/2 were between 30% and 55% increase. the rest where upto 100% increase. i have heard of alot more but to me those people have something to gain so i am not taking it seriously ( selling the system or parts). hho takes alot of tuning and debugging to work for your car, condition, climate, etc etc. this is why i dont trust the ebay prebuilt kits. there is to much tuning and there isnt a standard. so you need to completly understand them.

sorry my typing is so bad, my daughter ripped the keys off my keyboard

Macs
07-09-2008, 09:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydEkV-E0mP8

I found this. it has been a while since i have seen that episode but youtube was right. you have to have a catalyst. also notice when they put the pure hydrogen to the carb for the first time. as soon as they removed the car died. where they trying to run it purely by water? that defeinatley would not work

scooterroo
07-09-2008, 10:42 PM
cool barry, thanks for the youtube link. this does seem like a good idea. i think i will wait a bit longer to try this though, and see what other kinks are ironed out of it. very cool info though.

Dirtcrasher
07-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Hey guys, this is some great stuff!!

I know that if I drove my vehicle more I would definitely give this a shot.....

Can't wait to see how you make out, I gotta spend some time reading about this.

Billy Golightly
07-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Are there any websites that explain how this work and details how to build a kit in detail? The youtube videos are painful, I need something where I can sit down and read and see pictures at my own pace.

Yamada
07-10-2008, 09:43 AM
It is very easy to produce hydrogen. In high school, in the physic class we used to make hydrogen explosion. All you need is water, acid and two electrod made of graphite i think, and a power source. You need the acid to make the water conductive (?). On one of the electrodes there will be oxygen produce around it, and on this other, hydrogen.

Macs
07-10-2008, 09:53 AM
What i have been doing to entertain the kids is take a balloon, hook it to the output of my generator. When filled tie a fuse in it then tie it to a helium balloon. It will go up about 100' then boom!!!!!!!!!! it will creat a huge fireball in the sky. The generator is similiar to what you talked about on the last post ( mason jar, ss wire as electrode, 12v battery and water w/ baking soda. Will fill a baloon in about a minute).

mapyang
07-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Hey Bill try this website its a easy read and easy to build HHo kit.
www.smacksboosters.110mb.com
Drew

Macs
07-11-2008, 08:43 AM
That system uses more power than any other one i have seen. But it also puts out quite a bit out of i single cell. 1.7 lpm is quite a bit. The cells on water for gas use about 2 - 5 amps a piece and put out about 1 lpm

Trikeaholic
07-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Does it have a carb or is it fuel injected? Either way this system will work very well on it. Let me know, i can build you a kit for the price of parts and shipping.

I cant wait to see your results. My rig is carbed. we are not really using it much due to the price of gas, notice i wasnt at TF for the last couple times!

Dammit!
07-11-2008, 12:24 PM
What are people supposed to do with these kits during the winter?

Macs
07-11-2008, 03:03 PM
during the winter you would add in rubbing alchol to keep from freezing. people even use antifreeze. neither will be sucked into the motor. only the sepersted hydrogen and oxygen

The Goat
07-11-2008, 05:55 PM
I don't think alcohol would work...it would lower the boiling temperature considerably.

distilled water seems to be the only way to go.

if you check a few posts up, the owner/builder of one of those sites states that he just takes his off, he's got quick disconnects apparently.

Damnit...what are you worried for? lol, it's hotter than all hell where you live.

Macs
07-11-2008, 07:09 PM
you dont get hho by boiling the water. Actually if you water boils you are going to have problems. the water seperates by a magnetic field between the two poles. the one i built gets warm but you can still hold it. The alchol does not affect this reaction and actually helps cause it keeps the catalyst from building up. KHO is also used to prevent freezing. of course i will never have to worry about that

Name Brand
07-12-2008, 12:58 AM
My neigbor was working on this. He's got an older Toyota with a 22-R. He's just starting to drive it around with the HHO.

He wasn't having much luck making cells with plates of stainless steel. He used safety wire (if you're in aviation you know what this is...) rolled evenly around a small plastic tube with heavy fishing line to keep the wraps seperated. (lots of surface area!) The whole thing is only about six inches long and an inch in diameter. On 12 volts he was only drawing about a fifth of an amp to run it. He has four of these inside a plastic container (about a seven inch cube; Mmm, chocolate covered raisins come in 'em...) with a few wires and hoses. Very simple really, some math to do to figure out if he needs more cells and what the MPG is.

Glycol would work to keep it from freezing but would really hurt the efficiency of the cells. (less water to stainless contact) We were thinking some high proof alcohol might be the answer. Just have enough in there to keep it from freezing. Alcohol burns too.

It wouldn't be hard at all to wrap the system with a battery blanket or stick a block heater on it. You could even insulate the cell. Run the power wires into a common plug with your regular block heater and plug it in at night when it's cold out. If you live here in Alaska (and a few other cold states or my eastern niegbor; Canada) you'd be plugging in anyway.

300rman
07-16-2008, 04:59 PM
oh GOd DA*$& M'er F*&KER.
well turns out they guy selling the kit i bought on ebay was....a SCAM.
ebay cancelled all his transactions, and sent messages out to immediately file playpal claims if you already paid.......

so it looks like i get to shop around some more IF i get my money back.

SONS A EFFIN BI*$&ES

The Goat
07-16-2008, 05:39 PM
friend of mine's dad just started building these...he's got everything but the 02 sensor...when he gets it one is going on his son's v8 silverado...and the other on his maverick.

here's a question though, wouldn't this cause the same conditions over time that a lean condition would?

300rman
07-16-2008, 07:52 PM
friend of mine's dad just started building these...he's got everything but the 02 sensor...when he gets it one is going on his son's v8 silverado...and the other on his maverick.

here's a question though, wouldn't this cause the same conditions over time that a lean condition would?

i plan to watch the temperature gauge closely and see.
i would think that since the HHO makes the gas burn more efficiently, less gas= same result. we will soon see.

Macs
07-17-2008, 09:18 AM
It makes the engine run alot cooler, thus letting you run it lean.

sorry to hear about the scam 300rman. I still havnt completed my kit. I keep getting side tracked on the weekends. The only thing i am lacking is building more cells and installing. I still have to do some tinkering with the OBII and i need to build an EFIE for the O2 sensor. When i do get it complete, i can build you one if you want.

Trikeaholic
07-17-2008, 09:34 AM
I want one too! dont forget to let me know.

Macs
07-17-2008, 11:35 AM
hgckhtgckhgckhg

Macs
07-17-2008, 11:53 AM
khvkjhgvkvklg