PDA

View Full Version : Pics from todays BADAZZ LAND ride

Bill X_R
06-14-2003, 10:58 PM
Well... I'm hooked! It was a great time. Joel was a super cool Dude, and his cousin and friends were great too! Tired as heck (Left @ 5:30 am got home @ 10:30 pm) We rode all day. It's not really sand out there, but more pea gravel than anything else...Still it Rocked!

Enjoy the pics!

Bill X_R
06-14-2003, 11:05 PM
Couple More

Billy Golightly
06-14-2003, 11:28 PM
Wow...Someones gonna have their hide nailed to the wall for the rest of their natural life, ouch.

Bill X_R
06-14-2003, 11:38 PM
Yea No doubt!!! If the kid was smart (obviously he's not) he would have somehow managed to get it home! No insurance adjuster in the world would cover something that happened off road like that!

Howdy
06-15-2003, 01:04 AM
Well... I'm hooked! It was a great time. Joel was a super cool Dude, and his cousin and friends were great too! Tired as heck (Left @ 5:30 am got home @ 10:30 pm) We rode all day. It's not really sand out there, but more pea gravel than anything else...Still it Rocked!

Enjoy the pics!

I knew you would be hooked. Glad to hear you had fun.
Howdy

als250
06-15-2003, 01:32 AM
:shock: :shock: HOLY CRAP!! Is that MUD on Joel's "X"!! :shock: :shock:

Bill, am familiar with that line outside the gate! :D Badlands is excellent place to ride! Anyone I know who's been there loves it. Knew you'd like Joel too,great guy.

Al

Trikeaholic
06-15-2003, 09:02 AM
WOW, was it really that super crowded??? Not sure I like that aspect. Holic doesn't like to ^$%^*(^ wait in any @#&!# lines, mother @#*^%$! :D :D

Bill X_R
06-15-2003, 11:35 AM
WOW, was it really that super crowded???

Well there was only two people in front of me, So I got in pretty quick. For an overnight thing it would not be bad at all. You buy your pass in advance and were you camp is right outside the gate. When the gate opens you can bypass the office and go right in. So you don't need to wait in that long #$@%@#$%@#%^&^@# mother #$%@#%^%^@ Line :D :D

My only problem with it, is that it's not open 24/7!

Trikeaholic
06-15-2003, 12:01 PM
thats cool %$@#*&. I was hoping that $*&@! wasn't some sort of #&$%^%@# zoo.

ATC crazy
06-15-2003, 05:50 PM
Someone had some &^%* fun in that Liberty huh?

Sounds like you had some fun too Bill...&^%#* yeah. ;)

als250
06-15-2003, 10:32 PM
holic, that's the Sat./Sun. 9:00 a.m. line. Everybody wants in when it opens! :twisted: Show up about 10:00 or so and pretty much get right in. Has been our experience. ;) Go through the week and you can get right in at 9!

Bill, what time did you get there to be 3rd in line? :shock:

Al

Bill X_R
06-15-2003, 10:59 PM
I forgot about the time change going west...I got there an hour early Good thing!

I got there at like 5 after 8....The picture was taken about 1/4 after 8. Some guy said two weeks ago he was there @ 8:00 and was so far back he was on the road into town :shock: So I guess I just got lucky...I think thew weather and maybe the fact it was fathers day weekend kept some people away. Same guy said a couple of weeks ago there was over 2000 people in the park....WOW! what a cash cow!

Joel85350X
06-16-2003, 09:42 AM
Bill is a great guy as well. Had lots of fun, more than should be allowed. Al, yes that is mud on my X. Luckily, I build it bulletproof and had about 2.4 gallons of armor all on it (lol Tri-Z Jim) and it all washed off. I don't know who's idea it was, but we ended up in the back of the woods and since we got 3 inches of rain on Friday, it was a little...wet. Sure was nice out, though. I think it peaked at about 83 degrees!

I didn't even get out of bed that morning before 8:05. :) Took the 10 minute drive down there, and was in line by 8:45. Line was shorter than normal, I agree that the holiday may have slowed some people up.

The Badlands is now open until 6PM! Yeah, 1 more hour of riding!

Joel85350X
06-16-2003, 09:45 AM
Almost forgot, as we were pulling up to the truck from our last ride I guess I threw some gravel at the edge of the parking lot in the direction of one of the Badlands patrolmen. :twisted: He pulled up to our parking spot and proceeded to give me a lecture about how it is not his truck, but if it was he'd be really pissed, and how I should be more careful (because I didn't realize that I roosted him). :rolleyes: Quite frankly, I think he just made it up because he thought my X looked too fast for it's own good! :-D

We got to see some HOT HOT chickeez, too. :-P