PDA

View Full Version : Need Car clutch help

Brockey
07-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Ok guys it is a Honda Civic, 1991 with a cable clutch. Its a Honda atleast eh by. Anyways the cable is adjusted down all the way. The clutch does not slip at all, but the clutch padel does nothing. I have to shut her off at the lights, start her up and shes moving in first gear!! Power shift thru the gears all the way home. I've been driving this around for a few days and it seems to have got worst. The clutch padel when it was touching the floor use to work but now it does nothing, the padel is only there for looks. I just noticed I spelled pedal wrong a whole bunch. Any ideas???

84honda200s
07-01-2008, 09:36 PM
you sure it isnt a throw out bearing ? also make sure the cable is adjusted in the rite direction (i made that mistake before) . just throwing some ideas out there man.

Brockey
07-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Well I am only guessing on the adjustment. Thats the way my buddy adjusted it first and it helped. Could very well be wrong tho. I dunno about the throwout bearing. But I have to drive a standard without using the clutch is all I know. Not very fun either. Thxs for for ideas too.

J.D.
07-04-2008, 04:26 AM
Is it possible the cable is broke? The throwout bearing won't stop it from working....probably and adjustment issue.

300rman
07-04-2008, 07:12 AM
cable is probably old and stretched, or the linkage came apart. check the linkages and make sure its pulling the cable.

also, have someone watch the arm, or whatever it is the cable pulls on the tranny as you push the pedal. if you push the pedal and it operates the disengagement arm or whatever on the trans, it is probably no longer a simple fix.