PDA

View Full Version : 4-valve XR200 motor on X?

catfishwhisker
10-30-2002, 12:32 AM
Has anyone ever put one of the 4-valve motors on a 200X? How much more power do these motors have compared to the stock 2-valve X motor? Sure seems like there is some real performance potential there, if you can find any performance parts (cams,carbs,etc.). Of course you'd have to take the fenders off to crank it! I could live with that though. If anyone has any experience with this swap, give me a holler! It would be cool to have dual Mikuni's and somehow have dual Supertrapps! Makes me shiver just thinking about it!

NOS_350X
10-30-2002, 02:39 AM
i was lookin at that the other day my sister has a 99 xr200 and i was looking at how easy it would be to put that moter in my brothers 83 200x it looks like it might just bolt up or if not some minor mods

10-30-2002, 08:12 PM
I had an xr200 motor on my 200x, however it was an 1981, but the power was the same, they were basically the same motors, only that the 200x has a clip on the shift shaft on the right side (if your sittin on the trike) internally, atleast thats all i noticed. However i sold the xr because i was tired of rebuilding it, never had luck with it on my x. it was the 2 valve kind.