PDA

View Full Version : Got robbed over the weekend

Macs
07-07-2008, 08:58 AM
I was coming home from a church function friday night and passed a trailer full of dirt bikes and atv's. On the back of the trailer i noticed an old bull frog. I almost turned around to chase the guy down to see if he wanted to sale it since i was fixing to start restoring one. I decided against it since it was so late the guy might think i am a psyco or something. The next morning my wife told me the back gate was open. This happens occasionally cause i did a sorry job of building it. So around noon i decided to go out there. When i walked around to the gate i saw that my shop door was wide open and almost empty. They took every machine i had except for the three wheelers ( i guess they thought they were worthless ) They took the Arctic Cat 700, XR80, XR400, Bull Frog, TRX90 and my brother in laws KX125, YZ250. Now i wished i would have chased the guy down or at least gotten a license plate number. Yesterday my buddies found my Arctic Cat 700 out at Crosby. It was spray bombed. I do not know yet if the guy riding it had anything to do with the theft but yesterday he was in police custoday so i will find out more today. I am hoping he knows where the rest of my stuff is. I am still unsure when the are going to release the Arctic Cat to me.

Eric250R
07-07-2008, 09:18 AM
It's a horrible feeling man, been there. I certaintly hope you get the rest of your stuff back and those douche bags get what they deserve.

Macs
07-07-2008, 09:29 AM
When some buddies found the four wheeler, he called and ask me what my vin# was. When i told him he said" yep, thats it. Do you want us to beat the snot out of him or call the cops" I told him to call the cops just in case he knows where the rest of my stuff is. I wasnt worried about the four wheeler since i have insurance. But the rest of the stuff i do not have titles for so it would be hard to claim them on the insurance.

I am sure the guy knows it was stolen. He claimed he has had it for a year. I wonder how long they will hold my atv?

LonesomeTriZ
07-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Robbed means your person was robbed. You cannot rob a house or dwelling. You can only rob people. Homes or structures are burglarized. So your shop was actually burglarized. Just a tip for future reference.

Macs
07-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Robbed means your person was robbed. You cannot rob a house or dwelling. You can only rob people. Homes or structures are burglarized. So your shop was actually burglarized. Just a tip for future reference.

I have to disagree. It might not have been the best word to use but still works.

Robbed= Rifle= 1. to ransack and rob (a place, receptacle, etc.). 4. to steal or take away

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rifle
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/robbed

Brockey
07-07-2008, 11:09 AM
That suxs man. I hope you get it all back in the same condition or better.

Macs
07-07-2008, 11:20 AM
When i went and looked at the arctic cat yesterday, they had just spray bombed it. It was quite muddy and they just painted over the mud. A pressure washer should take it off. They also removed the backseat/ cargo box. It was broke any way so i am not concerned. I does have a full tank of gas though. Another thing that i just thought of is the keys to the atv has my house keys on them and i didnt think i saw them on there when i went to look at it.

brapp
07-07-2008, 12:00 PM
make them pay damages and depereciation

Macs
07-07-2008, 12:21 PM
I plan on it. I am suppose to call the Detective this afternoon.

fla 2-stroke
07-07-2008, 01:24 PM
that stinks.I hope this joker will lead you to rest of your stuff.I had a almost new zx6r that was stolen years ago.It was not insured and my local police could give a care.seems like the cops are on this one,just stay on them.good luck.

LonesomeTriZ
07-07-2008, 03:11 PM
I have to disagree. It might not have been the best word to use but still works.

Robbed= Rifle= 1. to ransack and rob (a place, receptacle, etc.). 4. to steal or take away

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rifle
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/robbed

Okay, I was trying to lighten the mood. I can prove what I said, but it is not necessary. I am sorry for your loss.

scooterroo
07-07-2008, 03:47 PM
that down right sucks man. i know what its like to have one bike stolen from you, but a whole garage full, and then seeing it go down the road past you? that truely sucks. well you can bet your bottom dollar the punk riding your quad knwos where the rest of them are hiding, who took them, if not himself with some help, and he is probably dropping a load into his pants right now. well hope you get em back, theres alot of times, people have them stolen and never see them again. good luck man/.

ATC-Eric
07-07-2008, 04:31 PM
That really sucks that you watched them drive away with your sht!

Hope you come out okay.

400exguy
07-07-2008, 11:37 PM
If I were you and had even a thought that your keys could be in the hands of the robber I would change my locks ASAP. They stole your bikes just think what they could get out of the house! If they really wanted to get in changing the locks doesnt matter but alteast they cant just walk up and unlock the door with the keys.

Macs
07-08-2008, 10:17 AM
If I were you and had even a thought that your keys could be in the hands of the robber I would change my locks ASAP. They stole your bikes just think what they could get out of the house! If they really wanted to get in changing the locks doesnt matter but alteast they cant just walk up and unlock the door with the keys.

I went and picked up the Arctic Cat yesterday and my house keys where still on the key ring. So i am not worried.

I have 3 police that live on my street and one detective. The detective has taken over the case. He is making this a priority since this happened two houses down from his own home. The kid that had my quad was released yesterday afternoon. He said he didnt have anything to do with the theft, but knows who did and gave that info up. They are unsure if they are going to persue him or not, but they know exactly where to find him if needed. Yesterday i contacted every track, salvage yard, parts house etc etc in about a 50 mile raduis so they could be on the lookout. Today they are going to get the final paper work finished so they can go after the thiefs. Hopefully i will get some good news by the end of the day.

Tri-Z 250
07-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Thats great! I just don't get the reasoning behind getting cought red handed bike in garage, to: it wasn't me, have a nice day... Did little Johnny learn anything besides tell on your buddies go home to Momma? This kid should be washing cop cars for the rest of summer be named in the local paper as the person cought with the goods. He should for sure replace the plastic from his crappy paint job...JMO

SYKO
07-08-2008, 07:06 PM
any news..........?

johnny's X
07-09-2008, 03:03 PM
dirt bag pricks.. that is all that has to be said

tbirdscott
07-10-2008, 03:13 AM
They are unsure if they are going to persue him or not, but they know exactly where to find him if needed.

YOU need to pursue it and press possession charges at least, dont let the little *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* get away with it. You know damn well he knew it was stolen and wasnt planning on returning it.

If the spraypaint is fairly fresh brake cleaner will remove it but might harm your decals if you rub it into them.

Hope you get back most of not all your toys, and the crooks as well.

Scott

WaimakRydah
07-10-2008, 05:36 AM
u said u saw a bullfrog on the back of the trailer and u lost urs... do u rekon it was the same one i know i would be 100% certain if they saw my 200S on the back of someone elses trailer.

Macs
07-10-2008, 09:54 AM
They found them!!!!!! Well not all of them. It looks as if i am missing one, i am not sure which one yet. I am leaving work right now. I will post an update when i get back.

Billy Golightly
07-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Congrats man hopefully their not trashed.

Macs
07-10-2008, 12:54 PM
They are trashed. It looks as if they were thrown out of a moving truck. the only one missing is my brother in laws yz. The bikes were recovered yesterday and this morning they think they apprehended the thief. It is who the guy that had my four wheeler said it was. Come to find out he had sold some stolen stuff to a motorcycle salvage yard across town. It was some bikes that had been reported stolen about a month ago. There has been alot of thefts in the area for the last 6 months. So they are now investigating how much he sold to salvage yards. The bad part is there is nothing to link him to my stuff except for the statement from the other guy. The detective said that he probly got wind that they were on him and that is why my stuff was just dropped off like that. i called my brother in law and he is going to hit some salvage yards and see if he comes up with his yz. i will keep yall posted.

Brockey
07-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Glad to hear you found most of them, sad to hear they are trashed tho. Hopefully the yz gets found too.

Russell 350X
07-11-2008, 07:31 PM
That sucks you stuff was stolen. At least you got most of it back. Are they fixable or are they totaled?