PDA

View Full Version : I think I got the switch-aroo done to me

Rookie
07-08-2008, 09:01 PM
I bid on a 2002 xr200r bottom end and won it. Payed for it as soon as I won it on June 13. Got the UPS e-mail saying he notified them of a package. A week goes by and no change in the status of the package, so I e-mail him to check on it. That was on the 20th. He said he would check it out. I e-mailed him again on the 24th because he still hadn't gotten back to me. He e-mailed me back on the 25th and said somebody put the tag on the bottom and he didn't see it and thought it wasn't payed for. He shipped it on the 24th. I got it on the 2nd of July and this is what I got.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff33/grins_06/IMG_0348.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff33/grins_06/IMG_0348.jpg

There Rotax cases. I got two of them. I e-mailed him and told him what I got . He asked for pics. He said he doesn't know what they are and that is not what he sent because he packed them himself. He says someone from UPS switched items becaue thats not the bow he packed it in. That was on the 2nd . I e-mailed him today to find out whats going on and no reply yet.

It looks like I got screwed. What do you think?

Buster Brown
07-10-2008, 11:47 AM
FYI. I've worked at UPS for over 13 years and that sounds bogus to me. Don't get me wrong weird things happen, but there is a very slim chance to none that a couple of ROTAX cases got mixed up with HONDA cases at a UPS facility. Some times packages rip open or shipping tape comes loose. Those packages are carefully re-wrapped or set aside until contents can be verified and the customer's information is matched up. If there is a question the sender is usually contacted to confirm the packages original contents. I would bet the seller messed up here, or is just confused and can't recall what he did. Sorry man! Good luck!! -Andy Seibel

scooterroo
07-10-2008, 01:11 PM
wow won and paid for a honda part, you get rotax? sounds like the guy is scamming you. he probably sent the xr200r parts to the guy that needed the rotax parts, and doesnt knwo what to do rto rectify the problem but blame it on someone else. if i was you i would ask for your money back, and then ship him back his rotax parts when you recieve your refund. i hate when this stuf fhappens, i know what you mean, i have had it happen to me before.

Rookie
07-10-2008, 07:19 PM
He e-mailed me today and said he filed a claim and neede my phone #. He said they will probably contact me. I'm gonna wait a few days to see what happens and then I may put them on e-bay and ask if these belong to anybody and if they got a bottom end by mistake. What do I have to loose ?