PDA

View Full Version : obama wants your kids to learn spanish!

factoryX
07-09-2008, 07:58 PM
spanish bill boards here we come...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZprtPat1Vk

scooterroo
07-09-2008, 08:49 PM
he's a jacka$$, kinda lookslike one too, guess thats why he is a democrat. should become the democratic poster boy!!!

factoryX
07-10-2008, 01:32 AM
:shiftyeyes:

Kilborg
07-18-2008, 06:20 PM
while he is most certainley a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited*, he does bring up a valid point....

It is a pretty useful skill to learn other languagues...especially if its started at a young age. speaking bits and peices of several languages has certainley helped me over the years, and im not really fluent in anything (though i can read german to some degree)...the better basis of understanding a young mind has will only improve it in later years.

But hes still a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited*.

300rman
07-18-2008, 06:51 PM
yes....learning a different language can be useful. but that isnt why he wants people to learn it.......

herdfandave
07-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Tell us why he wants our children to learn it then please?

Kilborg
07-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Typical political move....Great way to secure votes... especially minority votes. Moves like this will also make others notice....kids education is a big deal and alot of people listen. Is he actually going to make a difference or is this simply a ploy to gain support?

Probably both.

herdfandave
07-19-2008, 02:00 PM
"typical political move".. yes education is a big deal, but i think learnin a 2nd language would be a good move, especially at a young age.. Can you honestly not see the benefits?

ATC-Eric
07-19-2008, 02:32 PM
I wish I spoke another language...........

The Goat
07-19-2008, 05:26 PM
exactly eric...i hate the guy. but every kid in america needs to grow up at least bilingual.

the average belgium citizen speaks 4...fluently.

idk, i think we should just aspire to be more.

factoryX
07-19-2008, 06:06 PM
he's gaining mexican voters, and why spanish? why not french? german?

it should be A good reason for some one to learn spanish,french,german, but it is because of the increase of immagrants from diarea land....

ATC-Eric
07-19-2008, 08:24 PM
I wont argue about not liking the guy, he's a freakin tool shed!

But I can shed some light right here

and why spanish? why not french? german?

If you learn German, when are you going to get the chance to use it? I would like to learn german for the hell of it, but in all reality if your going to learn another language, make it something you can use once in a while.

With the way the country is filling up with mexicans, it makes sense to say learn spanish over french.

300rman
07-20-2008, 09:39 AM
press 1 for english........go piss off it should automatically be english and give the option for spanish at the very end of the options menu.

200x newby
07-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Why make our kids learn Spanish? How bout make the Mexicans learn English? They came to OUR country to change THEIR lives for the BETTER! Not to change OUR'S for the WORSE!

3Razors
07-20-2008, 05:24 PM
I 2nd that! We speak english here! You wanna come to americe then you learn english, if you feel the need to move to mexico for some reason then learn spanish.

The Goat
07-20-2008, 10:38 PM
....and that's just one more reason american citizens are hated globally.

I'm not saying out entire country should speak spanish...i'm saying every child in our country should learn another language. it's stupidly easy when you are little...and much harder when older.

sadly all I can do is understand french if I hear it when someone is speaking...even then I can just get the gist of it.

cody2
07-21-2008, 02:46 PM
I don't think you guys have it that bad, New Brunswick Canada you NEED French to get a job, its almost 50/50 with the English. I'm English myself but i do know enough French to get me by, i think its a good skill to have for sure but i don't really like being forced to learn another launangue, and yeah i see what your saying with the typical political move, theres a lot of that going on up here too giving it all to the french, example : the french school has around 100 kids where i live and its very nice, a bunch of us went there to there auditorium for a concert, and the high school i went to hasn't changed in 20 years. This school even has a pool table and lounge chairs and stuff, its all so nice.

Tri-Z 250
07-21-2008, 05:03 PM
When the great USA was voting on a national language German lost by 1 vote. I think a second language is going to be the rule in 2020. Spanish, although not great for trade, you'll need it to tell your employees in the hard labor forces what is expected of them.

Nuke Em
07-22-2008, 07:20 AM
Spanish, although not great for trade, you'll need it to tell your employees in the hard labor forces what is expected of them.

Maybe I am way out of line but I think any "LEGAL" US citizen should already speak english, especially if they want to be employed in the USA. If they can't speak english, don't hire them! Maybe then they may have a little desire to learn english in the first place, just like it was setup when they immigrated to this country.

It still baffles me that the entire county should have to learn another language. If its needed or wanted for your career, fine, have a nut, but don't force it on the entire country.

Off my soap box, rant off. lol

Gary

3Razors
07-22-2008, 07:45 PM
In mexico do they make there kids learn english? NO! Europe is a different situation with language learning. I can understand how the need for multiple languages to be spoken since most are seperate small countries each with a diff language. It would be a similiar situation here in the US if different states didn't all speak english.

The Goat
07-23-2008, 04:51 AM
how many of the people posting against learning a second language...speak a second language? just out of curiosity.

at lsu...nearly every degree program includes nearly 14 hours of a foreign language...I'm forced to learn a second language...and it's not that big of a deal to be honest with you.

Nuke Em
07-23-2008, 07:29 AM
I am not fluent in another language, but I do know some German, Spanish, and Chinese. I have had no real use for what I learned. My beef with all this is that knob boy is telling the country that we all should learn a certian language(spanish) just to try and get more latino votes. I am not against learning more languages, hell I encourage it, but forcing it on 2nd graders is BS. They do that in Cheyenne Wy by the way. Lots of hispanics here, a lot are illegal and thier kids do not speak english so maybe I am just getting tired of having to use spanish to comunicate with these idiots. If you want to live in this country, do it the legal way and learn the language. That is my point.

I don't want to sound like a cranky old *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* but I am sick and tired of this country bending over backwards to appease every freeking squeeky wheel group that doesn't like the way America is. We are losing our freedoms and liberties every day, one little chunk at a time, and the news(ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN) wants to glorify it. Got me ranting again, sorry.

Hope this answers your question,
Gary