PDA

View Full Version : Inherited Bike No Title Advice

phreakboy
07-10-2008, 07:31 PM
I am wondering if by any chance someone here may have dealt with a situation like this. Quite a few years ago I inherited a older Yamaha Enduro bike from my grandfathers death. This bike is in very good condition and ran good and he was the original owner of this bike. Now when it came time for all of the possessions to be dealt with the state gave the option of whether or not to pay inheritance tax on the vehicles, if you didn't pay it than there would be no title transferred. So unfortunately at the time they ended up doing that due to tight times and not being able to pay the taxes. Now my question is, is it possible to get a title for this bike? I would really love to as it is a very fun to ride and in such good condition that I would just love to be able to truly enjoy it.

brapp
07-10-2008, 08:33 PM
her ein pa when his belongigngs were goign to who they were suposed to you can get a title transfered into your name with a copy of the deth certificate. i am still goign trough this sort of stuff with a few things of my dads.

brapp
07-10-2008, 08:35 PM
and what kinda bike is it i might also be able to help possibly if it is a lil dt125 i have a title layign around for one and i am shure the frame still sits up at my uncles farm

phreakboy
07-10-2008, 10:09 PM
It is a 125, I am not sure off hand what year it was but I just may be interested in what you have.

brapp
07-11-2008, 12:04 PM
i'll run up to the barn and se eif the frame is still up there and i am shure its a dt125 or a dt175 but i think they interchange.

phreakboy
07-11-2008, 07:25 PM
I would definetly appreciate it, also if you can find out what year it is. Thanks

brapp
07-11-2008, 09:28 PM
i belive it is a 78 dt175. but the frame is abotu worthelss it is totaLY RUSTED TROUGH ALLOVER ON THE BOTTOM AND LEFT SID EOF THE CRADLE

xd 200x
07-12-2008, 09:22 AM
I would just go to your local bmv and ask them they usually have a check list of things you need to do

jason 32
07-13-2008, 02:32 AM
try the dmv it should'nt be a problem since you know its not stolen, and the history of it
what are they going to do hes passed

Twilight
07-13-2008, 02:59 AM
Find someone in Michigan to title it for you... if it has a clean VIN they can take it to the secretary of state and get one.

tbirdscott
07-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Easiest and best thing to do is check with the DMV

There they can look up the last registration, see it was in your grandfathers name, and with a copy of his death certificate and the executor of the estate present it should be a simple transfer to your name.

Scott