PDA

View Full Version : Bush Lifts Ban on U.S. Offshore Oil, Gas Drilling

factoryX
07-15-2008, 02:31 AM
woot!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a362RHmsy71s&refer=worldwide

84honda200s
07-15-2008, 09:45 AM
still has to go threw congress doesnt it ?

LonesomeTriZ
07-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Yep. I saw an interview this morning with a Dem congressman and he siad they are not going to sign off on it.

84honda200s
07-15-2008, 11:13 AM
im starting to really think more and more our congressmen are being paid off by the non us oil companies :lol: . i mean every single time someone comes up with some kind of solution to our gas prices/oil prices it gets shot down by the snobs on capital hill :rolleyes: .

LonesomeTriZ
07-15-2008, 11:18 AM
I have a better word than snob.

ScottZJ
07-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Well think about it, the government is getting fat dumb and happy with the oil prices. They are getting richer by the minute. Bush is all for this, since it will soon be out of office and a civilian. Once that happens, he will rake in the cash since he has tons of land in Tx that will make money off oil.
Its all about money, unfortunately that is what the world is all about.........sad.

84honda200s
07-15-2008, 12:17 PM
I have a better word than snob.

me too but i didnt wanna be a total A hole about it :lol: .

yes scott i agree with you 100% its a danm shame the world id revolved around green back. well now days plastic :lol: . yea bush will be pretty set after he is out of office.

factoryX
07-15-2008, 01:20 PM
evan if he doe's make a profit it would still benifit us...

Banage
07-15-2008, 04:15 PM
My opinion, make them pay for gas. no more tax money should go into a gas tank. Then they will feel our pain

SWIGIN
07-15-2008, 04:18 PM
whay in the hell are you guys bush bashing when its out liberal congress that will shoot this down and has stoped any progress in the matter for the past decade or 2

84honda200s
07-15-2008, 04:24 PM
whay in the hell are you guys bush bashing when its out liberal congress that will shoot this down and has stoped any progress in the matter for the past decade or 2

im not shooting him down. i know its the other morons that are shooting it down. :lol: why would i i say its bush when he is the one trying to lift the ban :wondering ?

scooterroo
07-15-2008, 08:55 PM
its all a conspiracy man.....

Billy Golightly
07-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Well think about it, the government is getting fat dumb and happy with the oil prices. They are getting richer by the minute. Bush is all for this, since it will soon be out of office and a civilian. Once that happens, he will rake in the cash since he has tons of land in Tx that will make money off oil.
Its all about money, unfortunately that is what the world is all about.........sad.

Scott, common now man, how is Bush authorizing offshore drilling going to benefit his property in Texas? You know there is nothing preventing domestic on shore drilling on private property and there hasn't ever been as far as I know...

84honda200s
07-15-2008, 09:17 PM
its all a conspiracy man.....

:lol: howd i know someone would say something along them lines ? thats all the us is full of anyway.

hancadam
07-15-2008, 09:40 PM
I am gonna sit this one out. Seems there has been a lot of misinformation lately.

Howdy
07-15-2008, 11:07 PM
It was Clinton that stopped drilling in Anwar ( sp? ) about 10 years ago. There is reportedly enough oil there alone to supply the US for 20-30 years or more. But Clinton said 'No". And yet people say Bush / Republicans are bad? Had Clinton not band drilling there we wouldn't have the oil prices we have now. And so many "THINK" Clinton was a good president? I don't see it and never did. I'm not saying Bush is great either, but at least he is trying to do something and I'm hoping the Dems will follow his lead.
Howdy

factoryX
07-16-2008, 01:43 AM
more hope!

http://kudlow.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NjMyNDljNTQ5MThjNWE3YTAzYWYzMmZmNDVmMjA0ZWY=

LonesomeTriZ
07-16-2008, 05:11 AM
Very cool.

84honda200s
07-16-2008, 06:16 AM
very cool indeed. it would be nice if the lifted it. our prices would drop just because the other companies want to compete with the us drilled off shore oil. i say as the write of that page you posted " drill, drill, drill" !

ScottZJ
07-16-2008, 07:00 AM
I vote for RUSH to take over office! HAHAHA:lol: :D

factoryX
07-16-2008, 07:03 AM
I don't want that drugie for office, Savage all the way...

Billy Golightly
07-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Maybe theres hope for this country getting its head out of its ass after all.

factoryX
07-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Maybe theres hope for this country getting its head out of its ass after all.

I don't know about that.

Billy Golightly
07-16-2008, 07:00 PM
I dont know it either :lol: but actually getting off of our asses and starting to drill domestically is a nice start.

The Goat
07-17-2008, 11:42 PM
I vote for RUSH to take over office! HAHAHA:lol: :D

if you honestly think rush is actually the conservative hard ass he comes off as for entertainment purposes...perhaps you should check out who some of his friends are.

He has been seen on more than one occasion dining with the creators of family guy and futurama. Family guy creators are your uneducated liberals...and futurama creators are your hyper educated liberals (Futurama had more phd's than any other tv show).

Seth Macfarlene and Matt Groening have both used him as a guest voice for their shows...and both are quick to defend him saying he isn't the ignorant pillhead fool he comes across as. It's an act...nothing more. A gimmick to maintain ratings.

As for oil, I'm just waiting and hoping they drill on our land.

Tri-ZNate
07-18-2008, 12:56 AM
My cousin made the comment today, "Yeah Bush only did that because he wants to make some big money from the oil companies" i said, "I dont really care how much he makes as long as I pay less."

Drill away

84honda200s
07-18-2008, 11:32 AM
My cousin made the comment today, "Yeah Bush only did that because he wants to make some big money from the oil companies" i said, "I dont really care how much he makes as long as I pay less."

Drill away

ditto than man. i could care or less if anyone in the us made a killing just as long as we dont gotta pay up the arse to get fuel. ...... or food !!!!

just think if fuel prices go down so will the cost of food and other stuff.

Dammit!
07-18-2008, 11:52 AM
There's so much stupidity going on in our government on this issue that it's really frightening. All these politicians are so hard line about everything. All of them have their one direction "solution" that they parrot. It's not a simple matter of lets drill now OR look at alternative energy that might be of some use 20 years from now. Do both! Drill now AND lets start building the infrastructure we need for alternative energy. We absolutely should be going after alternative energy in a big way but to say we shouldn't be drilling in the meantime is ridiculous. As is saying lets drill and ignore alternative energy.

It's not about who has the best idea. It's about doing EVERYTHING in our power to end our dependance on foreign oil. Drilling, wind energy, solar, ALL OF IT.

hancadam
07-18-2008, 05:26 PM
There's so much stupidity going on in our government on this issue that it's really frightening. All these politicians are so hard line about everything. All of them have their one direction "solution" that they parrot. It's not a simple matter of lets drill now OR look at alternative energy that might be of some use 20 years from now. Do both! Drill now AND lets start building the infrastructure we need for alternative energy. We absolutely should be going after alternative energy in a big way but to say we shouldn't be drilling in the meantime is ridiculous. As is saying lets drill and ignore alternative energy.

It's not about who has the best idea. It's about doing EVERYTHING in our power to end our dependance on foreign oil. Drilling, wind energy, solar, ALL OF IT.

Thank you so much!