PDA

View Full Version : YES!! 1st day of the rest of my life...

MyMistress86R
07-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Well kiddies...

My divorce was finalized yesterday. It's time to move the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* on.

Everything came out about as good as I could have expected. I got to keep my house, my car, my trike and even got custody of one of my kids. Even better, they weren't able to stick me with any of her outstanding debt. It could have been MUCH worse, so I feel satisfied with the results.

SYKO
07-18-2008, 04:25 PM
how long did it take? mine took 4 years and over 75k to reach a divorce, and im still fighting her!

300rman
07-18-2008, 06:50 PM
how long did it take? mine took 4 years and over 75k to reach a divorce, and im still fighting her!

and to think.......$.50 cents coulda solved the problem in about 5 seconds :twisted:

you definitely came out of that one pretty good. imagine you owned the house before you met her? if not, you are lucky.

girlsride2
07-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Congrats Todd! Glad to hear all is well and done. No better feeling than holding your head up high to push forward to a better life that is just waiting for you. Go get it, you deserve it!

SYKO
07-18-2008, 08:05 PM
and to think.......$.50 cents coulda solved the problem in about 5 seconds :twisted:

you definitely came out of that one pretty good. imagine you owned the house before you met her? if not, you are lucky.

I did own a house! F'n peice of sh1t!!! lost it!

Eric250R
07-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Well kiddies...

My divorce was finalized yesterday. It's time to move the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* on.

Everything came out about as good as I could have expected. I got to keep my house, my car, my trike and even got custody of one of my kids. Even better, they weren't able to stick me with any of her outstanding debt. It could have been MUCH worse, so I feel satisfied with the results.

Good to hear man. I hear alot of horror stories from friends. But I got really lucky with my divorce too. Got to keep everything;)

300rman
07-18-2008, 09:29 PM
I did own a house! F'n peice of sh1t!!! lost it!
the second half of my message was directed to the thread owner lol.

but like i said.....$.50...........

MyMistress86R
07-20-2008, 01:19 PM
To answer a few quick questions...

Syko...We were separated for a year before she filed just this past Februaru, so 6 months and just under $4k for me.

300rman...nope, it was actually our first house together on a joint loan.

Thanx for all the support guys, from those closest to me, especially. You know how hairy this has been for me, so it's good to finally have it wrapped up and be free to move on.

scooterroo
07-20-2008, 04:54 PM
well congrats man, glad the outcome made you happy man. i have seen some really rough divorces, and seen some good people get dragged thru some bad stuff and only to lose all. and the best part about all of this is that you still have your head held high and have a positive attitude. you my friend deserve a :beer .

Aka_am
07-20-2008, 05:36 PM
I'm glad, I'm not married, and still 21 :D woot!

Sounds like you did pretty good in the deal.

MyMistress86R
07-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Thanx scoot...lol I had several of those that night to celebrate after I got home and I think they were the best I've ever tasted.

Dirtcrasher
07-21-2008, 10:32 AM
It's a great thing if you no longer have any feelings for her. But, if you still give a crap about her, It can be a horrible time in your life.

Mine cost 275$ for a mediator and I got the house for 10K. I was very fortunate....

Anyhow, enjoy your new found freedom :beer