PDA

View Full Version : How do I track down production numbers for old Dodge pick ups?

LonesomeTriZ
07-20-2008, 10:49 AM
I have a 72 D200 that my grandfather bought brand new. It has a very rare option combination and I was told by a Dodge “expert” that it is a true one of one truck. However, I have not had any luck verifying this claim. Also, there is another specific late 70’s Dodge truck I want to locate. But first I want to know how many of them they made, and if the options package I want was even produced. How can I track down this information?

Dustin87R
07-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Have you checked and asked around the mopar forums some of them have production numbers listed. Mopar built alot of one of one cars and trucks back in the late 60's and early 70's. I have a 79 Pontiac Grand Prix that was built with a 4 speed manual it was a 1 year only option, I've had this car for 3 years and still haven't found the production numbers on it so good luck with your search!

200xman
07-20-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm a member here. Seem like some pretty knowledgeable guys.

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/forums/index.php

LonesomeTriZ
07-21-2008, 12:47 AM
Thanks guys.

That link does look as though it will help me. I was kind of resisting the idea of joining another forum. But, they are great tools in these matters.