PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Ohio Faircross Series

TimSr
07-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Its that time of year again when Ohio's county fairs begin, and many now have motocross. One specific race promoter, Patriot Promotions aka Faircross Promotions does the "Faircross Series", (as well as Summit Indoors) and they are very trike friendly. (Not all Fair races are part of the Faircross Series, and other have different rules and policies.) They are willing to give us a trike class wherever we are willing to make a showing. These races are CRA sanctioned, and the CRA is heavily involved so its hard for the promoter to get around requiring the CRA card at Fair races, even though the 3 wheeler class is not a sanctioned class. (Our class is not sanctioned due to lack of participants and NOT their unwillingness to sanction.) CRA card is $20 per year. Race cost is $20. Fair gate admission fee is usually $8-$10. Tether kill switch is required along with helmet, eye protection, and above ankle boots. This is for all trikes (w/suspension)and all skill levels and for the purpose of putting on a good show for the spectators. You dont have to be an MX superstar to be a part of this!

This is late notice, but 7/27 - tomorrow is Summit County Fair in Tallmadge, OH at the corner of Howe Rd. and SR91. They run a morning set of races and a separate afternoon set. They are treated as two events. All Faircross races are a one moto format. As it look snow, only TimJr and I will be running this one.

Morning signup at 8am, practice 9am, Races begin 10am.
Afternoon signup 3pm, practice 4pm, Race 5pm

Medina County Fair is Wednesday July 30th. Medina Fair has grown so much that they run bikes on Tuesday night, and give Quads (+trikes) a separate night. The track is decent for a fair track, and its setupo with quads in mind. Expect a few thousand spectators in the grandstand. Looks like we have a handful of riders at this one.

signup 4pm, practice 5pm, race 7pm

Others to be posted as they come.

TimSr
07-29-2008, 09:32 PM
http://home.neo.rr.com/timtim/SummitFair08prnt.jpg
Summit was a blast!
Medina is tomorrow. Looks like we have 4 definates, and a few maybe's for this one.

Next up is Richland Co. Fair in Mansfield, OH August 6 which we will run.

Cuyahoga is August 7 - but we usually dont go there.

Attica is August 8 - This one is awful far for us as well, but I think Derrick makes this one

TimSr
07-30-2008, 11:13 PM
We had a great time tonight! Garageboy and Flyin Brian gave us 4 racers, and Garageboys family, and the Moshman family all came out to support us. It made for some exciting racing. Mark got the holeshot, I think Jr was somewhere up there, I passed Jr tight on the hairpin, Brian passed me, but we got tangled, and I got brushed off on a tire and stalled it, Jr passed me as I was kickstarting, I got started and was trying to catch Jr, I finally got within reach of him on the big sweeper, and Jr does a complete spinout! Somewhere up ahead Brian managed to pass Mark. Everybody had a great time as always! The spectators numbered at least a couple thousand in the stands, and they got a real treat.

Next stop, Richland Co. Fair in Mansfield, OH. We hope some others will come and join us.

Howdy
07-31-2008, 05:24 PM
Tim, I really wished I could have made it, how ever I had other commitments that I had to attend too. The wife has my schedule full for the next few months ( house projects mainly ). arggggggggggggggggg
Howdy

3leggeddog
08-01-2008, 04:57 PM
glad to see you guys doing some of these fair races this year.I planned on attending the medina race,a recent knee injury has sidelined all racing.so jr is on a liquid r these days huh?awesome!

TimSr
08-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Tim, I really wished I could have made it, how ever I had other commitments that I had to attend too. The wife has my schedule full for the next few months ( house projects mainly ). arggggggggggggggggg
Howdy

I know how that goes. Thats a lot of travel on a weeknight anyways. Maybe you can hit the OTC Jamboree weekend. Its a little more laid back and relaxing, and you can simply be a guest and have no responsibilities other than a few laughs and good times with 20 or 30 of our closest friends! You know most of them, and we'd love to see you there.

TimSr
08-01-2008, 10:54 PM
glad to see you guys doing some of these fair races this year.I planned on attending the medina race,a recent knee injury has sidelined all racing.so jr is on a liquid r these days huh?awesome!

Jr melted his piston on the 82 250R at Smith Rd on the 4th, so Garageboy fixed us up with a very generous trade up deal. He's only run Summit x2 and Medina on it, and he's already giving me a good run, so Im expecting him to be moving into A class before '09 ends, and probably before it starts.

We really miss you at the races, and we have not forgotten how much you contributed to getting this whole Ohio racing thing going.

3leggeddog
08-05-2008, 09:06 AM
hey Tim,I simply seen your passion,and it moved me.I wanted to see the sport grow,and wow,did it ever.I still get people asking me where my trike is,and telling me how crazy I was to watch.nothing can ever take that away!I'm glad I spent the time on a trike,it was great training.Unfortunatly I have moved on,but you can gurantee a guest apperance evey now and again.

I miss you guys for sure.you don't get the same sense of family with all the other quad guys,it's every man for himself.

Well keep the rubber down old friend!

TimSr
08-07-2008, 11:10 PM
We had a great time in Mansfield, and we were glad to have Derrick join us to see that OTC was represented. The stands were full, and we gave the crowd a great show with some good back forth battling. As we were posing for this post-race photo, some guy walking by said "That was the best race of the night!".

http://home.neo.rr.com/timtim/RichlandFair08pst.jpg

Cuyahoga Co. was tonight, and Attica Co. is Friday night. I dont think we had any representation in Cuyahoga, but I believe Derrick was going to run Attica, probably in the Senior Quad class since he will likely be the only trike racer.

Auguts 14th is Holmes Co. and August 15th is Lake Co. , but there will proabbly be no trike riders at those due to Sandpuppi's ride that weekend, and the OTC Jamboree on that weekend with the August 17th race at Lightning Raceway.

TimSr
08-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Lorain Co. Fair is Sunday Aug 24th. They are not part of the Faircross Series and are through a different promoter, but they do allow trikes. Theyve never had enough for a trike class. As it looks right now, its just Garageboy, Flylin Brian and me so we'll probably just race Senior Quad Class. We can ask about a trike class if more are coming. Pre-registration form and more info on CRA webpage http://www.racecra.org/