PDA

View Full Version : A REMINDER to all ebay bidders from OC!!!!

Orangecnty250r
07-31-2008, 08:48 AM
A general reminder of the ebay rules and collector courtesy....to maybe save someone from the headaches

People seem to forget sometimes

I have listed a few rare parts recently with "buy it nows" ....While at work I checked my emails and saw a few sold...all the black tri Z parts. Emails were sent by a potential buyer (a member here) if I would cut a deal on the package...because at work I didnt see them....the buyer then bought it all with buy it nows without my response...he then sent another email asking if I could cut a deal..I have never heard of such a request....hit buy it nows and renegotiate:crazy:

Well I thought about it decided I would be nice because he was a member here and offer free shipping (the buyer is in the UK so it will be at least 70 bucks out of my pocket....the buyer seemed cool with that but then does the I'm away and i'll pay you next week thing...I am still cool with that and box it all up and I am a taping maniac.

Now for the kicker....I get an email last night saying he was given a nice tri Z airbox cover and asked how nice is the one he bought off me...I replied nice..he thought his new one might be nicer...I replied well now you have 2 nice ones. He mentioned if his was nicer he wouldnt need the one he bought off me....

Now i'm losing my cool.....:twisted:
1. I offered free shipping overseas (didnt have to)
2. Boxed it all up
3. Still waiting for payment
4. Payed listing and FINAL VALUE fee on the amount he bought it for
5. Now he wants me to unbox what ive done and I wont do it!!!!!

THE REMINDER
1. A purchase on ebay is a legally binding contract.
2. THINK before you hit the buy it now
3. IF you buy it now you cant change your mind...we have all had second thoughts but once the button is hit ....its YOURS
4. No negotiating after a commitment is made

Lets show some courtesy and etiquite when dealing on the NET whether its buying here on the boards or off ebay!!!!!!

dreadhed
07-31-2008, 09:29 AM
Ya that would have me a little pissed too. Seems like some BS to me. I had something similar happen with a member here, then he got on here & tired saying I was ripping his dumb ass off.

longbedGTs
07-31-2008, 11:03 AM
Thats another reason I quit selling on eBay. Too many stupid people that like to bid first, then read the details of the auction.
I had a $5 CDI listed with no worldwide shipping clearly stated. After the auction ends, I get an email from the guy saying he didnt see my shipping terms, but asked if Id ship to the UK anyway. Sorry bro, it doesnt work like that. I asked him for an address in the USA so he got me one. Shipped it, came back "undeliverable address didnt exist". I told him, and never heard back from him. I did however, get my ONLY negative feedback for going out of my way to help the guy out.
Id rather give away my parts here, than sell on eBay to the illiterate asstards.

200x Basket
07-31-2008, 12:02 PM
i would tell the guy to kiss off and be done with him.

88 Turbo Coupe
07-31-2008, 02:54 PM
So now what are you going to do?? You have a legal contract. What steps will you now take to get your money, and how long do you believe it will take?

Orangecnty250r
07-31-2008, 03:32 PM
This thread was not meant to attack him. I will deal with that through emails and ebay. This thread was meant to attack an egocentric way of thinking which is not on par with mine. The general attitude thats its all about one person and what works for them. Any deal should be fair and equitable for both parties.

the tecate kid
07-31-2008, 04:11 PM
He bought it. PERIOD.

blue27
07-31-2008, 04:18 PM
The local auto junk yard had a sign thats says,

"if what you bought is not what you need...

you now have a spare."

scooterroo
07-31-2008, 05:34 PM
simple, read the auction FULLY and dont bid if you dont agree to the sellers terms. some people are jsut idiots that way and it sad to see some of the cockamimi stories some people use to get out of having to pay for something they bought by hitting the buy it now. i have had this happen to me a few times! you hit buy it now, its yours! pay up sucka!!!!

Orangecnty250r
07-31-2008, 06:35 PM
The fact that I have to take my time answer emails and report this if he doesnt pay within the next 12 hrs also aggravates me....I could be doing plenty of other things with my precious time!!!

mike from long island
07-31-2008, 09:11 PM
It must be your BAD luck with the 666 ebay feedback score.It has got to really be aggravating you.For someone has generous as you.To have to make a point,trying to advise people to think before they bid.It is very costly now a days on ebay to sell items.You were doing a huge favor for a member.And to get treated like this burns alot of us.I guess you will have to follow ebays rules and get your final value fees back at least.The insertion fees are gone.

This might be a calling to put the parts back in the closet..I think you are going to find a nice 85 1/2 Z that only needs a few OC style parts to be mint!!!!!!!!

Orangecnty250r
07-31-2008, 09:27 PM
I want him to complete his deal

mike from long island
07-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Fair enough...

Bigbore
07-31-2008, 10:42 PM
If you buy something on e-bay, live up to ALL the terms of the auction! AND Pay when its due!

I feel for you. That would piss me off.:mad:

Dirtcrasher
08-03-2008, 02:40 PM
I don't know who this member is, but he obviously doesn't seem to familiar with how Ebay works. Esp the "binding contract" part.... The other stunts he tried to pull are just continued ignorance. The fact that you were willing to go above and beyond must be even more frustrating to you......

I've gotten stuff in terrible shape listed as "great", I've gotten stuff 40 days AFTER I paid for it and I've had people go through Paypal to keep there item for free and use a false "return receipt" to get themselves a refund.

All and all, it is a done deal once you hit the "confirm bid" button and this buyer whoever he may be, needs to just take care of his obligation and receive the appropriate feedback when all has been completed.

fabiodriven
08-03-2008, 03:40 PM
I've done OK for the most part with Ebay, but when I skrew up, on the buying end or selling end, I bite the bullitt. This dude is obviously outta line.

Orangecnty250r
08-10-2008, 10:08 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290248248286&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

Well he has been still been jerking me around. This is one of 5 items WAD DAMAGIO from the UK bought from me and has not paid for off ebay so all ebayers here on the boards may want to block him and I would be very careful of him on the boards....so I will be leaving him negative feedbacks and contacting the ebay number If I do not hear from him in 24 hrs (just sent him that email) since he has stuck me with 1050 in final value fees and has been nothing but a headache!!!!! Since he has multiple unpaid strikes he may get his ebay account suspended. Wad all you had or have to do is pay bud

edog
08-10-2008, 10:25 AM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=84216

Dirtcrasher
08-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Wow, he's a WAD alright.....

firehart
08-10-2008, 03:12 PM
I've been on both sides before. I've paid and never received and I've also sent people the wrong item and sent them refunds and told them to keep the wrong item. All in all, I'd say most people try to be fair. Its just a few bad apples who spoil the bunch. I learned the hard way about reading all the fine print before bidding.

scooterroo
08-10-2008, 05:31 PM
i didnt want to say his name, but for some reason i knew it had to be WAD. he had the post edog put up on here, and i even believe he has one over on planet trike asking for black z plastics. that sucks he would do this to fellow member, or anyone for that matter. hunt him down, make sure you get his name out there so no one else has to fall for his tricks. not to much respect for people that could sh!t on a fellow board member thats trying to give him a break and a deal!!!

Orangecnty250r
08-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Here is his response...he seems to think this is my problem

Sorry dude but the guy who was building my Z is now not doing it so i don have a trike to put them on,

Sorry dude but without the trike they are useless, im moving to norway in 7 weeks time so finding a trike now is not top of my list,

Sorry to let you down dude but ive not done this before and ive brought many things from the USA.

Once again im sorry but if you send me a mutual ill agree it so you dont have the final fees.

Words cant describe what I think of this guy ...this is after stringing me along that the money has to clear for 2 entire weeks!!!!!!!!

mike from long island
08-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Dude.........................

DUDE????????????????????????

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!

Orangecnty250r
08-10-2008, 08:54 PM
I talked to ebay and after 6 more days and all the unpaid strikes his account WILL be suspended....no excuse trike or no trike....a purchase is a purchase...he can dress his wife up with it for all I care. I have been screwed!!!!

Tri-ZNate
08-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Well maybe now atleast you'll get your parts sold, you did more than was fair.

Dudical

Dammit!
08-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Does ebay refund the fees for something like this?

scooterroo
08-10-2008, 10:28 PM
dude..... wheres my trike?

Orangecnty250r
08-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Does ebay refund the fees for something like this?

final value fees only

wad
08-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi guys,

Im the guy who you are all talking about, First off i have to say im very very sorry but the guy who was building the trike for me is no longer doing it, This is not bulshite he isnt doing it for me now, So without the trike the plastics are useless to me,
I know this is my fook up not anyone elses but i simply dont need plastics when i dont have a trike to put them on, I have brought lots of things from the USA check my feedback and ive brought things from members off here too with no problems,
Im not a messer who does this all the time this is a 1 off but its out my hands,
Trikes over here in the UK are hard to find as it is and trying to find another 86 trike now wont happen, im moving to Norway in 7 weeks time so finding a trike now ive been let down is not my top of the list on things to do.
Im happy to ok a mutual agreement so you dont get any final value fees and ill paypal you $100 for you troubles if you close the disputes but thats the best i can do,

Once again im sorry but i dont have a trike to put these on now.

scooterroo
08-11-2008, 12:18 PM
well in my honest opinion, you should still pay up for the plastics, and when you recieve them, if you still dont have a z to put them on, turn around and sell them yourself for the same price. and seeing is how these are so hard to come by over in the u.k. you should have no troubles selling them. probably for even more then you paid.

wad
08-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Well i have just been given 5 strikes, Im sure we could have worked something out but oh well,

Orangecnty250r
08-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Well i have just been given 5 strikes, Im sure we could have worked something out but oh well,

This is the problem with the way of thinking I am trying to generalize to ALL EBAY BUYERS....A thought that you are owed a chance to work something out.

I listed.........you hit the buy it now

THEN :eek:

this is what I have to hear from you when usually funds from buyers show in my account.

1. "Can you cut me a deal since I bought it all"? :crazy:

2. "How nice is the air box cover someone gave me one I think is nicer I wont need it" :rolleyes:

3. "I can put money in the bank in 5 days" :confused:

4. 5 days later ....."the funds have to clear in five more days":crazy:

5. then you dont respond until I file a claim:cool:

6. then you say the "dude isnt building your trike you dont need them" :(

7. I am out 1050 in a sales plus listing fees. :mad:
I offer free shipping to the UK which is very pricey to ya!!!Then you come on here saying we could of worked something out. Trike or no trike you bought them and should have paid...You would have had great parts that you could have sold if you didnt need them. All this crap the last 2 weeks involved me getting irritated and sending and typing emails...looks like all the above should have been 7 strikes. I was told the 5 strikes will catch up and your account will be suspended..:banned: ..as it should:welcome: I owe you nothing for what you pulled with me.

Now BACK to the POINT of this thread....all ebayers here on the boards should take ebay seriously....its not a game, a purchase is a purchase and if you screw with that you can lose your ebay account!!!!

wad
08-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Oh well, happy days

atctim
08-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Oh well, happy days

With a reply like this it is obvious you don't care about screwing someone. Do you have any morals at all? You burnt a valuable member of these boards - if I had any say at all - you would be banned from here, .ORG, and every other trike board known to the Net.

What are you - like 12 years old? "Oh well" ?????? WTF

Sorry to hear about your misfortune OC.

The Trike Community unites!

Mosh
08-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Official grade from the Mosh.

F for does not pay attention in class.
F for does not participate well with others.
D- for failure to read instructions.
F for economics.
Over all grade is FAIL
Sorry to hear about the failure.Ebay has not been great with me sometimes either,but never that bad.

scooterroo
08-12-2008, 07:50 PM
http://www.clubatc.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=478&st=0&gopid=4185&#entry4185

wads reply on his forum.... this guys a dillhole! he seems to think it was no big deal, and says he tryed to work with oc, but oc wouldnt budge.

scooterroo
08-12-2008, 08:02 PM
and you got to like how he removes any negative posts towards him off the site. this guys a joke.

Orangecnty250r
08-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks guys!! I cant log on and if thats his site I never will. all the facts are laid out above and if he thinks I should even consider trying to work with that garbage it just highlights the ignorance of some who breathe the air of this world

Dammit!
08-12-2008, 09:02 PM
I vote ban. I have no patience for people like that.

wad
08-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Guys this is getting out of hand,
I didnt mean anything by my comment it simply ment there aint much i can do now anyway, I have got the strikes and yes its my own fault but lets not let this get out of hand,
I have also brought many other things from the USA without any problems so please bear in mind this is a first, i brought things from other members on here.
So dont think i make a habit of this cos i dont.
Come on folks i fooked up and ive got the strikes for it and im sorry but i dont want the plastics now,
Ive said sorry

bliss
08-13-2008, 07:49 AM
please note there are some good guys in england

scooterroo
08-13-2008, 08:24 AM
never said there wasnt any good people from england. my ex-wife, who i am great friends with still, is from liverpool. i have been there twice and can only say good things about the country and its people. this has nothing to do with origin or anything like that. wad seems to think its no big deal on that clubatc forum that he screwed a fellow 3ww member over and only wanted to give the guy 50 lousy pounds for his "troubles"!!! saying he "tryed" to work with OC but OC wouldnt budge!! OC is out more then just 50 pounds! its the fact that if he would do this to one person, and joke about it on his site, that he wouldnt hesitate to do it to anybody else, regardless of where he comes from. usa, great britian, norway, etc...

and yeah, i went on that clubatc forum, read what he had to say, and replied. love how he removed my response not even two minutes after i posted it. he doesnt want his friends from that board knowing the truth to the matter. afraid of his reputation on there being damaged. what a jerkoff!

sorry doesnt put the cash in OC pocket, you shouldnt of hit buy it now!! the tri-z was listed as for sale on the 22nd of june, as per "clubatc"!

Dammit!
08-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Guys this is getting out of hand,
I didnt mean anything by my comment it simply ment there aint much i can do now anyway, I have got the strikes and yes its my own fault but lets not let this get out of hand,

Nothing you can do? How about paying OC the insertion fees that ebay won't refund? Oh wait you won't do that because you got the strikes that you completely deserved right? Pay him anyway. That's the absolute LEAST you could do in a situation like this. If you won't do that you should be bounced right the hell out of here.

Orangecnty250r
08-13-2008, 09:49 AM
The other part to show what kind of person I am is that I didnt go on an immediate witch hunt, I was irritated and did this general thread to ebayers based on his behavior...and I wouldnt use his name. I gave him plenty of time to make good before I had finally had it....Hmm the z was for sale on the 22and and he bought my ebay items the 24th....

the part that sucks for me is that I made other committments with the money I was expecting from this sale....that is what happens when people dont do what they say.

He said he was sorry, and everybody makes mistakes but this was pretty big one in my book!!!!!!!

Oh I love the censorship part on club no pay...I think am done with this thread you can:lock: it up if you want :D :D :beer

Bigbore
08-13-2008, 09:52 AM
This a copy of the PM I sent him last night, while he was on the board

"Hey I heard what happened with OC. You are in the wrong by not taking care of the situation.

Our word is the one and only thing that we have that defines us as a person. When you break your word, as in this case buying something knowing the terms of the deal and change the terms as time passes, is not the type of person that people will do business with.

You should contact OC, and if some legitimate reason has arisen were you can't pay, you should talk to him. This would put you in a better position than you’re in now.

Mario"

Although I was trying to be nice... The fact is it doesn't matter about the guy building him a Tri-Z isn't going to do it anymore, or what ever! If you bought something regardless of what happens between the time you won the auction and the time you pay....YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU BOUGHT! What do people not understand about the little box on E-Bay the says "commit to buy" and what that means!

He should pay for it and then resale it if that's what it takes to make it right! "Sorry" just doesn't cut it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orangecnty250r
08-13-2008, 10:38 AM
This a copy of the PM I sent him last night, while he was on the board

"Hey I heard what happened with OC. You are in the wrong by not taking care of the situation.

Our word is the one and only thing that we have that defines us as a person. When you break your word, as in this case buying something knowing the terms of the deal and change the terms as time passes, is not the type of person that people will do business with.

You should contact OC, and if some legitimate reason has arisen were you can't pay, you should talk to him. This would put you in a better position than you’re in now.

Mario"

Although I was trying to be nice... The fact is it doesn't matter about the guy building him a Tri-Z isn't going to do it anymore, or what ever! If you bought something regardless of what happens between the time you won the auction and the time you pay....YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU BOUGHT! What do people not understand about the little box on E-Bay the says "commit to buy" and what that means!

He should pay for it and then resale it if that's what it takes to make it right! "Sorry" just doesn't cut it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ProCarbine2k1
08-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Its hard for me to understand how some people have the stomach to pull the crap that they do.
Ive been fortunate on ebay for the most part, but I did sell something on here for a posted amount once, only to have the buyer paypal me another amount- other than what we agreed upon. I didnt let the goof get away with it, and OC I hope this guy doesnt get away with this.

When someone does something like this, without reason, excuse, or attempt to make right...... throw their name out there. I think its good publicity :lol: :lol:.

mazz
08-18-2008, 06:33 PM
For us in the uk the site is great for parts and stuff regardless of which plonker set it up it is however under new management and as been bought by a decent bloke:beer

Orangecnty250r
08-18-2008, 10:28 PM
I just posted on the UK site....thanks to all who stood up for me in dealing with this nightmare buyer.

Jason T
08-20-2008, 05:18 PM
I assume Wad is talking about me when he says the guy isn't building the Z anymore:confused:
And to be honest I don't like being used as an excuse!!
I never had any agreement with Wad to build the Tri-Z for him, there were no dates discussed. He asked if he could buy it when it was done and I said he should wait and see how it turns out.
When he started asking if i could get it done for a certain time I said no becuase I have my wedding coming up and I have no spare time to do it. He hassled me for a bit longer about it and I had to keep giving him the same answer because I really have no time:eek:
I guess that is when he realised it wouldn't be done for him to take with him.
Anyway, he can stop blaming me for not paying up for the plastics!!! :welcome:
I hope you guys don't think all of us from ClubATC are the same:TrikesOwn

Jason

Orangecnty250r
08-21-2008, 05:16 PM
I assume Wad is talking about me when he says the guy isn't building the Z anymore:confused:
And to be honest I don't like being used as an excuse!!
I never had any agreement with Wad to build the Tri-Z for him, there were no dates discussed. He asked if he could buy it when it was done and I said he should wait and see how it turns out.
When he started asking if i could get it done for a certain time I said no becuase I have my wedding coming up and I have no spare time to do it. He hassled me for a bit longer about it and I had to keep giving him the same answer because I really have no time:eek:
I guess that is when he realised it wouldn't be done for him to take with him.
Anyway, he can stop blaming me for not paying up for the plastics!!! :welcome:
I hope you guys don't think all of us from ClubATC are the same:TrikesOwn

Jason

Hi Jason....I thank you and your "wife to be" for your responses. I received hers as well....I appreciate it.....by the way...your are one lucky guy!!!

raerae
08-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah, you tell him OC...he seems to think I'm the lucky one! Haha!

scooterroo
08-26-2008, 01:26 PM
well i have been a member over there on clubatc for like 2 weeks or so. i like the site, and i like the few people i have talked,chatted, posted with so far. definately no animosity or hostilities towards anyone on that site. wad on the other hand, i have no respect for.