PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about ATV pulling?

Yamatrike400
08-01-2008, 11:06 PM
I was at a demo derby today down in Washington county, and they said on sunday they will be having a atv pull where you can bring your atvs and challenge friends and stuff. The first thing that came to my mind was pulling with my R :D SO, does anyone have any experience with atv pulling? How do you think the r would do? I would probably have to add weights to get some traction. Any ideas/help would be great.

cody2
08-02-2008, 01:59 PM
You would probably have to add quite a bit of weight, a good place would be on the grab bar? But having a 250r you might want something else on the front end to keep that down too, im not sure how it would do but i know my kfx for example would barley pull anything. Good luck!

smokinwrench
08-02-2008, 03:03 PM
They have had them here a couple times. You will just destroy your R's clutch trying to pull with it and possibly melting a piston.

Here they have had different classes 2x4 and 4x4. 800 sportsmans with pipe and rev box always win the bigbore 4x4 class.

Yamatrike400
08-02-2008, 03:30 PM
I just thought it would be funny to see a 2 stroke 3 wheeler pull up against some quads, i probably wont go.

RoscoW
08-02-2008, 08:17 PM
I don't know, with the modifieds it's all about wheel speed and momentum, hooking up may be the challenge, It would be cool to try, might be suprised.....

Ross..

money89tractors
08-02-2008, 09:36 PM
I use to do garden tractor pulls. With the modified classes, it was all about wheel speed. I think with the R, if you get the weight right on the front and keep the wheels spinning, youll do ok.

Biggest thing i would be worried about with the 2 stroke would getting it very hot and melting down the piston.

Now if you had a 200X or 350X, it would be a different story.

-Phil

Yamatrike400
08-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Thats why i was thinkin about using the 400 yami, its got weight and power, but its kinda broken down right now and i dont know if the rear could handle the stress of pulling a sled.