PDA

View Full Version : whats up with this???

Psyonyde
06-17-2003, 03:47 PM
on every other post, i see people with the rebel flag as their avatar....I know it is your right as an american to express yourself as you wish, but i mean come on, why would you wish to represent your self with something that stood for useless, and groundless hate, discrimination, and overall stupidness......
That was my 2 cents..you didn't ask for it, but you got it

cb67rs1
06-17-2003, 04:10 PM
how do you know what that flag means to them. maybe its a symbol to them and they would like to display it. do you get mad when you see other nationalitys ride around in america with the other countrys flag hanging from the rear veiw? its there choice. if you dont like it them dont look at it. why be so thin skinned. its a flag. maybe they just like the looks of it and like it there. dont hate it its their choice.

Psyonyde
06-17-2003, 04:33 PM
it does not anger me, i just find it stupid. yes, it may be a symbol for them, as my avatar is a symbol for me, but look what the old south, who used that symbol stood for, and like i said "that is My opinion". i am sure that many of you dissagree with me, and i am pretty sure i am going to lose this battle, so i'm gonna drop it now....
My 2 cents, with interest on top

Jeb
06-17-2003, 04:50 PM
your entitled to your opinion. Your new to the board what a way to start. that isn't going to go over well.

your gonna get ripped and I'll enjoy reading it. :D :D :D

The South stood for allot more than just slavery. It was called State's Rights. Slavery, which I do not agree with, nor am I racist, was just an unfortunate part because of the period in history that it all took place. People can't see past it to the FREEDOM that the South really stood for. Unfortunately, some of the WRONG groups have chosen to display it as an icon and that's what's sad and a disgrace because people such as yourself can't & won't see past the slavery & hate issues.

Heritage, not Hate. Believe it or not, and this may come as a shock to you, but some people fly the stars 'n bars for the RIGHT reasons.

Another thing. From the start of this great nation in 1776 until after the civil war and in colonial times prior and all the way back through history and still today in some parts of the world, people have enslaved other peoples. We all have our history in slavery, not just the "old south".

just my 2 cents.

Kilborg
06-17-2003, 05:30 PM
Yo psyonda

You a juggalo? I listen to the clowns some and i got some friends that live for them. I'm not really into the bling aspect of it all but I do like the music and violent jay comes up with some cool rants.

84250r
06-17-2003, 05:39 PM
JB you just need more clown love. :D

ATC crazy
06-17-2003, 05:40 PM
LONG LIVE THE SOUTH!

Heritage not hate...We don't agree with slavery or being racist. It was a part of our Nations history. We fly the flag with respect for those who died for it.

i just find it stupid

What if I said flying the American flag was stupid :?: :?:

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:uxm1v24ZoXEC:www.freedomforum.org/graphics

Kilborg
06-17-2003, 05:54 PM
I respect the confederate flag. It's not really my thing, but I do respect it. I know what it stands for. Some of the 'rebs methods were certainley questionable, but it was what....nearly 160 years ago now? It's somewhat dismissable in that context. What DOES bother me is some of the good old boys flying it around and not knowing what it actually stands for.

J.D.
06-17-2003, 06:03 PM
Psyqchoquen or whatever your name is(sorry it's too weird for me to remember), would you call the black people who fought, died, and were buried with the Confederate flag racist? There were many black people who defended that flag, and still to this day do.

Kilborg
06-17-2003, 07:01 PM
JB you just need more clown love. :D

The Wicked clowns will never die!

Trikeaholic
06-17-2003, 08:36 PM
Jeb, thanks for trying to educate the young 'uns. But unfortunatley, in present day America, the public school system does not teach the truth. You are wasting your breath, I hate to say.

2strokepwer
06-17-2003, 09:02 PM
like atc crazy said heritage not hate and long live the south. i'm not racist but i do respect the confederate flag and my forefathers. i do not live in the past, i just look forward to tomorrow. [/quote]

Billy Golightly
06-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Jeb, thanks for trying to educate the young 'uns. But unfortunatley, in present day America, the public school system does not teach the truth. You are wasting your breath, I hate to say.

Some of us are edumacated with a little more the liberal based history books that 99.99% of the time reflect the politicly correct way, not the true historic way.

Anyways, I have no problem with the Rebel flag being shown, as long as its being shown for the right way which would be its historic significance to this country and with the respect of our ancestors-the 100's of thousands of people who died.

Psyonyde
06-17-2003, 11:25 PM
arrgh...wherever i go, this always happens...i guess i'll just keep my opinions to myself, and keep it to what these boards are supposed to be about....ATV's.....and also, sorry if i am mis-informed, i live in canada, and the only thing i ever learned about the south in the civil war was the racism, and i learned that basically the south were only fighting to keep their slaves..sorry to everyone that I P*$$ed off.
oh, and To all the juggalos out there, MUCH CLOWN LOVE!!!

Billy Golightly
06-17-2003, 11:37 PM
The slavery actually wasn't even an issue when the war was started, it kind of became incorporated after the fact though with some other things which included how Washington was taxing the cotton farmers, and the whole whiskey/moonshine/home made brew deal was quite a big thing too.

The rebel flag more or less is a symbol of rebellion against something. 200+ years ago it was the symbol of what the South felt was an oppressive Governement, and they broke away. The Rebel flag could be used as a symbol of rebellion today against "The Flow", what every one else does. I think alot of the threewheeler guys like the Rebel flag because it symbolises and rebellion against the flow of all the dirtbikes, quad riders. The trikers are the outcasts more or less.

HemiChallenger71
06-17-2003, 11:38 PM
History teachers like to skew things. The south fought for it's way of life, to own its slaves and to keep it's land. Had the south won I think this country would be much better off right now. By the way the poor man mostly fought fought for the south, the big land owners with slaves sat abck and watched.

J.D.
06-17-2003, 11:52 PM
THat post is so true Hemi.....

wanta250r
06-18-2003, 12:34 AM
Yah the civil war wasn't even over slavery, the north just started using it as propoganda. Why would one of the biggest country's in the world go through years of civil war over a few thousand slaves. ?

Psyonyde
06-18-2003, 09:35 AM
thank you everyone, for edumacating me

Jeb
06-18-2003, 12:36 PM
"Cyanide", here's a little of your own history.

http://www.bccns.com/history_slavery.html

Holic, I know it's wasted breath. I just get tired of hearing foreigners insult, judge and question us when they come from countries who in history were some of the most blood thirsty people of all time. Who persecuted, tortured and murdered millions of their own peoples in the name of religion or a throne. Not to mention fighting with their neighbors. But hey, even if they don't teach it the way it was to their kids in their schools, it's still history. I know Canada doesn't really fall into that backgroud, except, like us, they came from Europe. That's all I'm going to say because I love the fact that this board brings in people from all over the world. And I'm not trying to offend any of them. History is just that,,, History. I'm just suggesting to take a step back and look at your own past before you judge ours.

And I don't even fly the Rebel Flag! :shock:

In the immortal and timeless words of Bartles & James.... "Thank you for your support"!

:-D :rolleyes:

Kilborg
06-18-2003, 05:03 PM
Hey not a problem....I absolutely love history and my backround especially has some VERY interesting characters...

I'm a direct descendant of Robert the Bruce (very important scottsman). Maria fitzherbert, who was the mistress of an english king that couldnt get married due to religion (where i got my middle name...family tradition). Also I am german-hungarian. It's a little cloudy here, but if you go back enough supposedly i am a descendant of one of the commanders that served under the infamous vlad the impaler (he was a pretty bad dude).

So....lets hear some other guys family history...I find it really cool to be able to find out who some of your family generations ago was.

J.D.
06-18-2003, 05:51 PM
We really don't know much about our family, but I can trace my moms side of the family back to coming to North Carolina in 1790...that's as far back as I can find anything.

ATC crazy
06-18-2003, 06:10 PM
Uhhhhhhh....All I know is that I'm 1/2 German and 1/2 Sweedish :rolleyes:

I've never really researched our family, Just what I've been told

Psyonyde
06-18-2003, 10:11 PM
1/4 german, 1/4 scottish, and half native (Iroquis Tribe). I also have a jamaican Step-mother.

Coty
06-18-2003, 11:06 PM
i am glad to see how many supporters there is of the confederate flag....

HemiChallenger71
06-18-2003, 11:44 PM
I consider myself redneck/hillbilly American or European American.