PDA

View Full Version : Need help !! With pics !

Big red 200es
08-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Today I remove the reed valve on my blaster to put v-force and whent I unsrew a bolt she doesn`t turn at all she just broke here.

So do you any tips to remove this bolt I try with vise grip but no succes.

Thanks Nick

SYKO
08-03-2008, 11:10 AM
your not going to like this...... remove the motor (complete) stuff soem rags into the intake and you will have to drill and tap or drill and helicoil the hole. First grind the protruding bolt flat (make sure you dont over grind!!) then get the right size bit (most helicoil kits have bits) and procede to drill it out and fix... I have in years past used only oposing bolts to hold the reedcage/intake on, with alot of good ol sealant to seal it up! lol I dont sugest that rought though.

Big red 200es
08-03-2008, 11:18 AM
ok I will look at this.

But what is helicoil ?

Thanks Nick

Big red 200es
08-03-2008, 11:24 AM
ok now I know what is helicoil.

But can I helicoil to run the stock bolt and I just need to remove the engine out of the frame not to remove my top end.

Thanks

chris200x
08-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Best thing to do is take the same size bolt with you to your local auto parts place. They should be able to match you up with the proper size you'll need.

A helicoil looks like a little spring that once you drill out the old bolt you'll insert a new coil that will hold the new bolt in place. they work real good. Its just gonna be a PITA to fix properly.