PDA

View Full Version : Worst theft you've experianced?

cody2
08-03-2008, 01:55 PM
I left my outlaw under the step at my house (have a garage thing) with my sportsman there and a bicycle on either side, i went outside this morning to go four wheeling and it wasnt there, tracks across the yard. Brand new outlaw 525 stolen, yet my harley wasnt touched however the lock is missing, and they made no attempt to steal anything else. Im beyond pissed, the cops are involved and what not. This happen to any of you guys here on the forum? I have theft insurance, and im just thanking god i made sure i had insurance on it before i brought it home. Doesnt even have 2 hours on the motor!

AJZ_200X
08-03-2008, 06:18 PM
That sucks man..hopefully they, or you, find the guy and kick his jaw through the back of his throat. We had our dune buggy stolen a while back. Police were idiots - didnt want to search or take the time to look for it. We have since taken matters into our own hands to find our machine...

Aka_am
08-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Oh that sucks man, at least you have insurance!

ATC-Eric
08-03-2008, 06:52 PM
GOOD FOR YOU with having insurance on a new machine. It really sucks, but at least your bases are covered.

In 2005 I had 2 quads stolen with my trailer. They were 2 2004 250ex's with my new 10 ft trailer. Someone just backed up, cut the lock, and pulled the whole thing away.

I had insurance, and consider it to be not a bad thing, those bikes were pretty ragged out anyways.

Good luck man.

fabiodriven
08-03-2008, 07:38 PM
When I was like 16 or 17 I had my 2 buddy's bikes outside my house, an 86 KX250 and a newer CR125. My two buddy's had my ATC 110 and my other buddy's 200S. We had done a little swap for a week or so. Well, we were done ridng for the moment and I was in the house "entertaining myself" with a "video". I hear a dirtbike in the distance start, and stall... start, and stall... As soon as I could say "what the" I realized what was happening. I immediately cut my activities short and ran outside and across the street to the field. The KX was lying on it's side (the kickstarter used to "miss") and two thugs were doubled up on the CR starting it and stalling it. I yelled and ran after them just as they got rolling. They took off in first or second gear and never shifted. They went RAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa into the distance. I yelled to a neighbor to call the cops and jumped on the KX. I rode it up and down the streets, right through the center of town looking for the CR. Then a cop waved me over. He was kind enough to tow the KX I was riding and give me a ticket. The CR was never heard from again.

350Xhilaration
08-03-2008, 07:58 PM
I've never had any bikes stolen, but in the early '90s I was into car audio. I had a sub box with two 12" Orion XTRs, an Alpine 4 channel amp, Alphasonic 2 channel amp, an electronic crossover, and the rear package tray with 6" Kicker woofers stolen.

I found out if there is no additional insurance on "non-standard" equipment, too bad so sad.

I was out about $1,100 and haven't had any decent stereo equipment in a car since. :mad:

Hope they never recover the quad and you get fully reimbursed so you can buy a new one and don't have to take the hammered Outlaw back.

brapp
08-03-2008, 08:06 PM
i had my 05 450r stolen when it had abotu 5 tanks of ful trough it but i got it back abotu 3 hours after it was stolen and a170 miles away

Dirtcrasher
08-03-2008, 10:47 PM
i had my 05 450r stolen when it had abotu 5 tanks of ful trough it but i got it back abotu 3 hours after it was stolen and a170 miles away

How the hell did you find it so fast??, I can only guess it was a friend of a friend - I hope not though....

DeePa
08-03-2008, 11:01 PM
cause hes brapp and hes *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* insane and owns ak;s

cody2
08-04-2008, 02:38 AM
Thats almost sickening to think that those bastards are out there with our bikes, i know a lad i went to school with recently got his ass kicked by one of my buddys, attempted to steal a kx 125 and his girlfreinds cr 85, the cops wont do anything either i have no help here. I had 5 people come to me saying they saw my bike 15 min up the road, so i took my sportsman there drove around and an older man picking blue berrys told me a guy with no helmet was driving a fourwheeler spinning up donuts his only decription was dark hair on a red and white fourwheeler (could be , could not be it) but it would be cool to get this thing back before anythings seriously damaged !

fla 2-stroke
08-04-2008, 12:21 PM
In 1985 my 1984 yamaha 225 was stolen out of the garage,some people found it in a local gravel pit and I got it back after a couple days.6 years ago someone stole my uninsured like new zx6r out of my garage when I was at work.the police were useless and could not give a care.I was calling to try to make them stay on top of it and they finally told me "look we have people that are missing"they made it clear to me to quit bothering them.the bike was never seen again.I hate crooks more than anything.good luck.

RedRider_AK
08-04-2008, 02:24 PM
My three-wheeler was once stolen, it was an older ATC110 that didn't need a key. A "friend" who knew that fact got drunk and took it at 3 am, basically let half the town drive it and then kindly left it across town, next to a street sign, with the frame and most of everything else broken. Needless to say, he stopped being my "friend" after that.

Also, my BMX bike was stolen a few times but recovered every time but the very last, I just couldn't really give a care about it and couldn't be bothered to go look for it again.

My junker StarLite 250 sled was "stolen" by a pair of friends for an hour while I was inside the garage working on someone else's snowmobile, they ended up hitting a broken pole or something and putting a big hole in the tub, but they fixed it themselves and even put gas in it, I didn't care too much considering it was free.

tanks350x
08-04-2008, 03:22 PM
I haven't had any bikes stolen or anything but, I went to a local mall once to pick up a couple of soldering tips for my gun, which cost close to $2 ,, I wasn't in there more than 5 minutes, when I got back to my car, the door lock was punched out, the stereo was gone, all my CD's,(about$2,000 worth), a half carton of smokes, and a chinsey tool set from a flea market.. imagine that, $2,500 worth of stuff gone over a $2 soldering tip:eek: :eek: shens I also had a 8 foot picnic table get robbed right out of my back yard, that I made in school, in broad day light:crazy:

brapp
08-04-2008, 03:37 PM
the only reason i found my 450 so quick is i just took it form wher ei live now down to my parents on a wed and i wa splannign on racign on friday and the kid that is datign my cousin rented a u haul truck and backed right up to my grand parents garage and i seen his car sittign at u haul and then called my sister who lives up wher ei do now and she seen him out puttign gas in it at the station she worked at and he was showign it off.lol talk abotu dumb luck!

brapp
08-04-2008, 03:38 PM
got everythgin back but the key got a search warant for the key and they found 1/2 lb of pot in his car i callit poetic justice

johnny's X
08-04-2008, 04:31 PM
When I was 4 or 5 I got a new spider man bike for my birthday. I rode it all day on my birthday and brought it in the house with me at night but my dad made me take it out on the porch and when i woke up it was gone. I was so mad at him. We never found that bike, but the old man went a few days later and bought me the same bike. It stayed in the house for a bit

Twilight
08-04-2008, 11:17 PM
My brand new mountain bike was stolen in front of a movie theatre, which is also across from a police station... Yeah, they cut 4 locks off and it was all on video. I was going to take the bus back when I saw it with its new... owner..., I had a anger tantrum and kinda grabbed it by the back wheel and grabbed his hair and slammed him into the concrete on the sidewalk, then I threw him into a parked car and finally when I was about to ride off, he was going to hit me, but i just picked the bike up and smashed him with it to knock him down and then another 2 times when he hit the ground.

If anyone saw my Honda Pilot thread. I got it back thanks to my friends stealing it from the guy and sending it back to me. Took about 5 years, but still got it.

fabiodriven
08-04-2008, 11:23 PM
One time I traded a sweet GT performer for a moped, then one of my buddys stole the GT from the kid I traded it to. I felt so bad that I stole the GT back from my buddy and brought it to the kid's house in hte middle of the night. My buddy knew it was me, he was a little older and wanted to kick my ass. He grilled me and grilled me, but I never told him I did it. That was like 12 or so years ago, and I still haven't told him!;)

RedRider_AK
08-05-2008, 01:09 AM
My brand new mountain bike was stolen in front of a movie theatre, which is also across from a police station... Yeah, they cut 4 locks off and it was all on video. I was going to take the bus back when I saw it with its new... owner..., I had a anger tantrum and kinda grabbed it by the back wheel and grabbed his hair and slammed him into the concrete on the sidewalk, then I threw him into a parked car and finally when I was about to ride off, he was going to hit me, but i just picked the bike up and smashed him with it to knock him down and then another 2 times when he hit the ground.

Was it a sweet MTB or a Walmart bike? :p

Twilight
08-05-2008, 01:22 AM
It was a Trek Session, upgraded everything I could... thus the 4 locks. lol

Trikeaholic
08-06-2008, 11:18 AM
in 96 my wife bought me a brand new ATK 250 liquid cooled. It was all decked out in enduro race gear. I loved that bike. I was going to get it out of my barn for my first race (I had some buddies at the time that I used to ride with and we were going to start running enduros and hare scrambles) So I go out to the barn and its GONE. Saw some tracks through my yard and through a field. About a week later the cops found it in another town trashed to hell. Turns out The thief's mother turned him in AFTER he started stealing from her! Never mind the fact that her kid burglarized other people, but when he stole from her, she called the cops. Nice huh? I had my dealer total the bike and got another ATK from him, a 605 dual sport. Its long gone now, wish I still had both.

LonesomeTriZ
08-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Worst theft you've experianced?

My youth...

cody2
08-06-2008, 02:24 PM
I remember as a kid someone stole my little bike, i believe it was green with training wheels, dad got me a new one but i dont ever remember liking the new one as much.

atctim
08-06-2008, 02:26 PM
in 1996 I had my CBR600 stolen from the parking garage at work - no sec. cams at that time. I only owned it for 70 days and owed alot of $ on it. I was young and foolish and took out a personal loan so I would not have to pay BIG insurance premiums for full coverage. Lesson learned there!

I feel for you buddy - at least you have insurance.

honda_atc200es
08-06-2008, 04:16 PM
At one point there was 3 quads a trike and 4 dirtbikes in my grandmothers barn, a suzuki 400 (sorry dont know the model but it was fasttttt) a suzuki quadzilla, big bear 350, then my old big red, 2 pitbikes a ds80 and a kx250. one night my drunk cousin, my uncle and his friends decided to leave the barn unlocked, his suzuki 400 was stolen (worth about 7 grand with all the engine work and suspension on it) and 2 of my spare trike tires were stolen, the theifs werent that bright i guess. but i count myself lucky none of my stuff was taken, got a gigantic chain to wrap around my bikes after that

scooterroo
08-08-2008, 04:01 PM
never had anything stolen, yet. and if they do i hope they smile pretty cuz i have two security cams. and plus they would need to get past my dog. and he doesnt like strangers to much. not only that but i have family to left and right of me, and they are so damn nosey they would notice if something fishy was going on.

honda_atc200es
08-28-2008, 07:53 PM
well, ive been stolen from. went to my grandmothers barn to check on my bikes and lo and behold my dirtbike, and my $200 hemets were stolen, my brothers bike was tipped over (was on a crate, no backwheel) and some other misc. stuff was taken. all because i forgot to chain up my stuff, luckily the dirtbike was a peice of crap, but still ive been stolen from. those of you who know middletown know the kindy people that live there steal all the time. so my dad is trailering his quad and my brothers dirtbike back to my house. its so messed up, i padlock the garage, the side door, and yet the bring the bike down the steep concrete stairs in pitch black through a hole in the barn, boy i hope i find them so i can run em over or shoot them. i hate thiefs, and im sure u all agree

cody2
08-28-2008, 07:56 PM
I have a pretty heavy duty security system and insurance on all my bikes so i am safe now, but i left the key in the outlaw when they took it, lucky fucks. I have a system where you plug in the fourwheeler into this thing and if you pull it out without turning it off (the switch is in my bedroom) the alarm will go off and notify the police, theres motion sensors inside and outside the door, and cameras all around, i felt like leaving my door open just to see who would try and steal from me but i doubt insurance will get me 2 bikes back to back.

Oh, by the way im waiting for my outlaw 450 getting a nice deal on a 08 leftover gonna put some nerfs and upgrade the bumper.

300rman
08-28-2008, 11:23 PM
I have a pretty heavy duty security system and insurance on all my bikes so i am safe now, but i left the key in the outlaw when they took it, lucky fucks. I have a system where you plug in the fourwheeler into this thing and if you pull it out without turning it off (the switch is in my bedroom) the alarm will go off and notify the police, theres motion sensors inside and outside the door, and cameras all around, i felt like leaving my door open just to see who would try and steal from me but i doubt insurance will get me 2 bikes back to back.

Oh, by the way im waiting for my outlaw 450 getting a nice deal on a 08 leftover gonna put some nerfs and upgrade the bumper.

too bad you cant put a little tracer on the bike. that would be funny, just follow the assclown to his house, steal your bike back, and burn his house down.

250rAL
08-29-2008, 11:41 PM
As long as it has a battery, is there any reason you couldn't put LoJac on it?

Andrew_250R
08-30-2008, 02:24 AM
Dang you guys are scaring me with all this talk about ATV/ATC's being stolen. Have to start storing the trikes in the spare bedroom.