PDA

View Full Version : Its time for a Hurricane Party!!!!!

Macs
08-04-2008, 04:46 PM
It looks as if we will get a Hurricane tomorrow morning. It should be intresting. Of course the gas stations are starting to run out of fuel, food is all gone off the shelfs, etc etc. I have to go home and secure the trikes a bit and tie down a few items. It looks as if it will be just a category one but it is better to be prepared cause they tend to flare up pretty quickly. I figure my new house will likely flood. They have the drainage so screwed up right now. But thats all right. I will post back whenever it has gone through. Probly Wednesday afternoon.

The Goat
08-04-2008, 05:36 PM
I thought yall were getting the wind, and we were getting the rain side?

must have switched paths on us

Macs
08-04-2008, 07:58 PM
we will get the wind and the rain. the eye is suppose to pass right west of us. i mean RIGHT to the west

scooterroo
08-04-2008, 09:38 PM
well batten down the hatches and hold on then guys, pray it doesnt get to bad!

threewheelin-feelin
08-05-2008, 02:35 AM
yeah man dont let them fool you...we had a very week cat 2 come thrue here in 03 and it was very bad...good luck to yall down there

The Goat
08-05-2008, 09:57 AM
how about this...during hurricane andrew...i was riding that red 70 we have.

Yamahondaman
08-05-2008, 10:07 AM
HA HA ... All them people prolly thought you were NUTS !! :lol: ...
I'm just waiting for one to hit the Tampa Bay area this year.. my SHACK will float away !! :beer ...
Hay Barry .. post some pics when you can and take care over there !!!

firehart
08-05-2008, 10:30 AM
We never get anything fun here in Idaho.

cybrman
08-05-2008, 03:26 PM
I used to think they were fun....
Until Charlie took my roof off.
That was some fun repairing all the damage.

Now I take them a bit more seriously.

Hope things work out ok for alll you "Gulfers"

The Goat
08-05-2008, 06:44 PM
well...in louisiana...there's an attitude of you must make the best of everything. it's apparent in everything.

unless you're on the coastlines, you really don't see a bad storm here. usually 100mph winds, and torrential rain. nothing big really if you've seen it before.

some of my greatest memories happened during a hurricane.

threewheelin-feelin
08-06-2008, 02:38 AM
haha we were riding during hurricane isabel intill all the trees started up rooting lmao then we desided to head for cover lol

Macs
08-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Everything turned out well. My house didnt flood ( there goes new furniture ) But everyone was flooded around me. It looked like i was on an island. I lost the twig in my front yard. Going to try to replant it this afternoon. Also my storage door came unhinged. Thats an easy fix. My rain gauge tops out at 5". It was overflowing after 3 hours of rain. It rained a total of 9 hours. 7 of them being extremly hard. If i was to guess, i would say about 12" of rain in that 9 hour period. Yesterday was my daughters third birthday. So we spent the day opening presents, etc etc. Of course she got a bunch of toys that took batteries. I went everywhere after the storm had cleared and of course they were sold out everywhere.

Yamahondaman
08-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Looks like it's my Turn ... Sup. tuesday 8-19-08 we are gonna be HAMMER'D ! i'll try and GIT some pics....:beer

firehart
08-17-2008, 06:31 PM
We could use some water out here. Send some over.

fla 2-stroke
08-17-2008, 10:29 PM
I bought 50 gallons of gas today.looks like it might turn into the gulf more.good luck ronnie.

Yamahondaman
08-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Ya i'm buttoning down stuff today.. you guys over your way has had enough..i guess it's my turn