PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly being green is not cool any more

factoryX
08-08-2008, 05:44 AM
:lol: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article4474202.ece

LonesomeTriZ
08-08-2008, 07:17 AM
I never thought it was cool to begin with. It was just a fad that simpletons used as an excuse to get out of all the things they have not done to help the environment. I am a strong believer in recycling and so on. But this green crap sure is getting old.

factoryX
08-08-2008, 07:26 AM
idk, It has been the same thing for the last 8 years. Middleschool, now last year in high school, it is old. What I thought was anoyying was in 8th grade, I had to watch the "unforgiving truth" or what ever it is called 8 times. plus, it is really sexy when pull into the high school parking lot with a prius and park next to somebody's ss camro.

LonesomeTriZ
08-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Pirus = fagcar.

Tri-Z 250
08-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Pirus = fagcar.

You can put a few other cars on that list as well:
VW BUG - I don't care what yr it is
Scion - Box Van I see too many metro/ men with small square glasses in this van
chevy - Citation
ford - Pinto, Farmont
AMC - Pacer
Dodge - Omni If you are coming to pick me up to go drinking:beer
Just pass my driveway up cause I'm not riding in any of them rides!

SWIGIN
08-08-2008, 02:17 PM
im with you guys.....if it was cool then i guess i was a nerd for driving a big block bronco for the past 11 years and a mustang gt

cody2
08-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Pirus = fagcar.

The toyota prius is probably the most emasculating car to ever be. Just driving one makes 1. everybody question your sexuality, 2. your legs hurt from how cramped they are, hate those homely things. I could never understand the green fad, i was unaware it was ever cool? Im tired of listening to a bunch of enviro-queers go on about the environment over and over telling us how we need to conserve, sorry but id rather not wear hemp clothes and eat organic foods, its just not reasonable. Maybe now i wont have to put up with any of this environmental bullcrap.

ATC-Eric
08-08-2008, 02:31 PM
St. Louis has gone green, everyone in the county was given huge recycling bins. Now we are all getting charged for recycling weither we do or dont. My brother and I started, cause if we're getting charged we may as well. Where I use to put large amounts of trash out once a week, I dont put garbage out but once every 3 weeks now. You would really be suprised how much is wasted, and how much is recycleable.

I am however looking at compact cars in a new light. Where last year I scoffed at the idea of driving a Honda Civic, right now Id kill for 40 mpg just to help my wallet.

I still have the Tahoe, chuggin along at 12 mpg, Id just like to have something on the side to shot around town in. It just hurts to think that it costs me $4 to drive to my moms house and back, (I go there a lot).

factoryX
08-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Well, I find it funny how are USA Dollar is now back up with Canada's dollar, matter of fact, $1 in the usa is now worth $1.05 in canada. I don't know why took so long to do so again but I find it interesting how democrats/republican alike are trying to do off-shore drilling but the media has made it there goal to make it out to be the worst thing since 9/11.

tecat-z
08-08-2008, 08:08 PM
St. Louis has gone green, everyone in the county was given huge recycling bins. Now we are all getting charged for recycling weither we do or dont. My brother and I started, cause if we're getting charged we may as well. Where I use to put large amounts of trash out once a week, I dont put garbage out but once every 3 weeks now. You would really be suprised how much is wasted, and how much is recycleable.

I am however looking at compact cars in a new light. Where last year I scoffed at the idea of driving a Honda Civic, right now Id kill for 40 mpg just to help my wallet.

I still have the Tahoe, chuggin along at 12 mpg, Id just like to have something on the side to shot around town in. It just hurts to think that it costs me $4 to drive to my moms house and back, (I go there a lot).

Hey Eric, all those beer cans you once threw away,:naughty: are now makin' the recycle companies rich! Charged for recycling, what a hoax. I say go green, Team Green.:beer And enjoy riding while we still can.

ATC-Eric
08-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey Eric, all those beer cans you once threw away,:naughty: are now makin' the recycle companies rich! Charged for recycling, what a hoax. I say go green, Team Green.:beer And enjoy riding while we still can.

Yeah there's a lot of people upset about getting charged no matter what, even if you return the bin they brought you.

Team Green ay?:w00t: Dying to get the 87 goin again :(

tanks350x
08-08-2008, 09:25 PM
You can put a few other cars on that list as well:
VW BUG - I don't care what yr it is
chevy - Citation
ford - Pinto, Farmont
AMC - Pacer
Dodge - Omni If you are coming to pick me up to go drinking:beer
Just pass my driveway up cause I'm not riding in any of them rides!

A friend of mine stuffed an olds toronado 455ci in the back of one of those old VW beetles, That car was awesome!!, even though the radiator was in the back seat, behind your head:lol: :lol:

factoryX
08-08-2008, 10:07 PM
A friend of mine stuffed an olds toronado 455ci in the back of one of those old VW beetles, That car was awesome!!, even though the radiator was in the back seat, behind your head:lol: :lol:

I am calling bs on that one unless you have :pics: ......

LonesomeTriZ
08-09-2008, 12:28 AM
My gas saving ride is a motorcycle. My V-Star gets stupid mileage and I do not look gay while riding it. Not to mention the R1 I plan to buy when I get home. Not as good on the gas use, but still better than these queer compact cars the liberals are forcing on us.

smokinwrench
08-09-2008, 01:04 AM
Yeah I needed a economy car also last winter 90 miles round trip to work. I looked and looked decided I would pay a little more for gas and not look GaAy. Bought a 1992 Lexus sc400, 250 hp v8, electric everything and still gets around 25mpg. Plus I can outrun nearly anything on the road. I have had it to 145mph a few times, guy I got it from had it to 160 with z rated tires.

We don't recycle anything here, my boys hauls out a bag of trash everyday. If anyone wants to recycle some dirty diapers I can send them to yah. HAHA

LonesomeTriZ
08-09-2008, 05:06 AM
I do beleive we all should recycle. But I also think the greenies should grow some sense. They want to stop everything that MIGHT hurt the enviroment. It won't be long until these hemp wearing, stoned, butt raped pricks has us all walking every where.

The Goat
08-09-2008, 12:39 PM

oh now it has gotten personal. :mad: in the words of wayne brady..."Is The Goat gonna have to choke a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*?"

LonesomeTriZ
08-09-2008, 02:48 PM
I say this out of love man, the Scion is super gay.

The Goat
08-09-2008, 07:02 PM
ha excuse me if I don't have to express my masculinity by driving a ford fx4 sitting on 38s...

I express my masculinity through drinking and mating.

childish yes, but certainly more enjoyable.

as is driving from south florida...back to louisiana on 16 gallons of gas. 40+ mpg while doing over 90 and hypermiling....um...cheyeah.

smokinwrench
08-10-2008, 12:02 AM
I have my doubts that a scion can do 90mph.

smokinwrench
08-10-2008, 01:38 AM
Well crap I would say is that really a scion dash but with nothing but ONE gauge it must be. I have never seen a dash like that before. Does it have window cranks or do you have to unbolt them and put them in the back seat? HAHA I couldn't resist, I wish I got that kinda mpg. I just noticed second picture doesn't show the clock, I was wondering how long it took to get from 100 to 110 or does it need a calender to show that? HAHA Nothing against you or your car just making a joke.

On a side note I read the other day that you better fuel economy driving with windows up and a/c on rather than with windows down and a/c off. Wind drag on open windows eats more gas then a/c being on, this was at highways speeds of coarse.

LonesomeTriZ
08-10-2008, 03:20 AM
Down hill with a good tail wind?

hancadam
08-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Wow, even the speedo is super gay looking!

hancadam
08-10-2008, 10:24 AM
On a side note I read the other day that you better fuel economy driving with windows up and a/c on rather than with windows down and a/c off. Wind drag on open windows eats more gas then a/c being on, this was at highways speeds of coarse.

Yup, Myth buster did an episode on this. The windows down created more drag than the A/C compressor.

Dammit!
08-10-2008, 10:35 AM
The only little car I like is the Mini Cooper. Never driven one but I bet it's like a big go cart.

The Goat
08-10-2008, 05:13 PM
na no tailwind...it'll only climb to about 112-115 on average...then you draft up to the higher speed.

we only topped it out in pennsylvania...down a 12% grade...scary. felt like riding an airboat, on ballbearings, on ice.

damnit, a go kart doesn't have anything on the handling of a mini coop. lol.

factoryX
08-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Well, I got to ride My great uncles mini cooper tuner car, 289hp with 8-14 pounds of boost.... and all I have to say wow....

SWIGIN
08-13-2008, 12:48 AM
i was always a red or yellow guy.....never realy liked kawasaki anyway

lol

UlsterATCFan
08-15-2008, 06:17 AM
F*ck the environment, its been here for millions of years, survived massive meteorites slamming into it, ice ages and the industrial revolution - it will still be here after all of us aren't - drive what you want, throw away what you want, pollute all you want cos its all a load of bollocks

The Goat
08-15-2008, 09:21 PM
I prefer to live in a perfect world where no one can say anything that may offend me....too bad I'll lose my humanity in the process. YAY!!!

I'm sorry, but even in my brief lifetime I've noticed changes in weather. The earth will be here long after us...but keeping the global ecosystem steady enough to actually support advanced lifeforms is something everyone should think about.

hancadam
08-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Weather has always changed. Just like the whole ozone scare of the early 90's. They kept telling us that the earth was going to burn up because of the hole in the ozone. Now scientist have found that the hole opens and closes like a giant valve for the atmosphere that plays an important part in keeping our atmospheric gases level. And before scientist figured this out there was actually proposals to plug the hole.

The fact is we don't know yet. I agree we don't need to be careless and wasteful. It cannot hurt to conserve, but I do not think we are in the dire situation as some say. Science and Conservation has almost became a religion for people who don't believe in god. Which I find crazy because science for the most part is mans best guess. I personally want to believe in something higher than man.

The Goat
08-16-2008, 08:12 PM
I prefer to live in a perfect world where no one can say anything that may offend me....too bad I'll lose my humanity in the process. YAY!!!

precisely, but the attitudes of lets pollute all we can makes me wanna start wacking people with a kendo stick.

wheelie king
08-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Let's not brag about our speed, folks. Over 100? Now that is just as irresponsible as polluting on purpose.

But I'd like to stop a scion doing over 100. Cause then the driver goes to jail in a gas guzzling crown victoria. That's justice.:naughty:

The Goat
08-17-2008, 03:12 PM
i've gotten my ticket for doing 108 on the interstate.

polite white kids with no criminal record and no previous traffic violations don't go to jail for doing over 100. you get a stern talking to, have to speak with the district attorney and sheriff, but you don't go to jail.

also...lol, sadly at over 100, I'm prolly getting a lot less gas mileage than that crown vic.

besides, didn't you read that my forays into attmepting to break the sound barrier took place on permanently closed roadways.

wheelie king
08-17-2008, 07:42 PM
I was not speaking to anyone in particular,......

but actually, I happen to know that in FL you WILL GO TO JAIL for going over 100. Trust me on that one, bro. The state atty ? Who?

And "polite white kids" or not, as racist and backward as that statement is- Cops don't care if you are purple with yellow hair in FL. You fack up and drive triple digits, you go the the county clink and explain it to a judge.

Happy driving.

The Goat
08-17-2008, 10:30 PM
it's rare racism actually works in my favor...and when it does happen I intend to make the best of it.

I'm sorry, no racists in florida? ....in my brief periods spent there, I can easily tell that those who are latino or cuban are treated quite differently from everyone else. Racism is sickening...too bad discrimination is universal. and racial profiling just has to be a great tool as an officer.

ps...with only 2 scion drivers on the forums...and one completely absent from discussion, with the other being the one driving over 100 mph, by mentioning one in your statement, it is automatic to infer that the statement concerned me.

wheelie king
08-19-2008, 02:40 AM
Unbelievable. The morality measuring stick and an authority on an entire state. We, folks, have a true catch!

Your "brief periods" have obviously educated you well enough to comment so eloquently.

I am truly humbled.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I cannot comment any further, as my ignorance on (apparently) everything has kept me from further discussion

The Goat
08-20-2008, 04:18 AM
yep... :)

gotta have something to do at work... and getting people fired up on the internet is as good as anything else I'd have to do. apologies if anything was taken to seriously or too far.

but to truly get back to the original point...THE SCION XB IS NOT GAY!

lol

wheelie king
08-21-2008, 08:05 PM

gotta have something to do at work... and getting people fired up on the internet is as good as anything else I'd have to do. apologies if anything was taken to seriously or too far.

lol

I need that job. Just kidding.
And I was never fired up, man. Trust me on that one.
No apology neccesary.

And all I said is going over 100 on public roads is irresposible, and wasteful, which is the point of the thread (lest we forget). That was MY point before some people became the internet lawyers, defenders of box-cars everywhere, and arm chair race commentators. I don't care if you're in a Hemi Cuda or a *scion*, but scraping a person off the road and telling the family that you are focking dead at 3 am after you piled up trying to be speedracer, is the furthest thing from cool. Even to "last word :postwhore s"

And worst of all, it wastes gas. Even in a scion. Be safe out there.......

hancadam
08-21-2008, 09:45 PM

lol

I gotta have proof.

The Goat
08-22-2008, 06:22 AM
my only proof would be blatantly inappropriate.

ps...that post response...it's like prodding a bear with a stick you know...yeah, it's funny for a while, but eventually he's gonna get annoyed and get ya.

J.D.
08-22-2008, 09:24 AM
I need that job. Just kidding.
And I was never fired up, man. Trust me on that one.
No apology neccesary.

And all I said is going over 100 on public roads is irresposible, and wasteful, which is the point of the thread (lest we forget). That was MY point before some people became the internet lawyers, defenders of box-cars everywhere, and arm chair race commentators. I don't care if you're in a Hemi Cuda or a *scion*, but scraping a person off the road and telling the family that you are focking dead at 3 am after you piled up trying to be speedracer, is the furthest thing from cool. Even to "last word :postwhore s"

And worst of all, it wastes gas. Even in a scion. Be safe out there.......

If 100 is irresponsible, what do you call 175????
:wondering :D :D :D

Guess you just gotta be a speed junky....of course, I pick safe areas to do it in too.....

hancadam
08-22-2008, 05:17 PM
my only proof would be blatantly inappropriate.

ps...that post response...it's like prodding a bear with a stick you know...yeah, it's funny for a while, but eventually he's gonna get annoyed and get ya.

I would then shoot the F%@$#&* bear.

wheelie king
08-22-2008, 07:47 PM
JD-

As an driver who is trained in high speed stuff that would absolutely blow your mind, trust me, I GET IT. I love speed too, and have seen 175. My screen name is from my crotch rocket days. Old airstips rule.:naughty: :naughty:

Just gotta make sure the benefit outweighs the risk. Public roads, you risk animals, people, other cars, etc. entering your path. That will ruin your day quick. Be on a closed course that is not a public road. Period.

It ain't sh!t unless you live to tell about it. Otherwise, you're just another newspaper article that folks shake their head at.

Being green is a joke, but being alive is where it's at.

WK

factoryX
08-24-2008, 04:54 AM
my 89 rally edition chevy Astro does 110mph... open headers...lol, the exausht(spelling) fell off.

The Goat
08-24-2008, 12:35 PM
unfortunately the dear around here are suicidal. i've hit a few...all under 45 mph...because there's just no way to miss em. the scion stops fast...but not that fast.